“Would never stay anywhere else in Prague!”

Mandarin Oriental, Prague
Ranked #23 of 648 Hotels in Prague
Reviewed 26 April 2010

We were in Prague during the volcanic ash mess. The staff was amazing. The concierge was able to obtain critical medication as I had not planned on being away from home for
so many days. With many guests with frazzled nerves the staff functioned above & beyond
to accommodate unusual requests. The restaurant, spa, bar & convention staff were superb!

• Stayed: April 2010, travelled on business
1  Thank christineseno

Reviewed 23 April 2010

I cannot recall ever having stayed in a hotel with such wonderful attention to detail. The staff were utterly charming, nothing was too much trouble and the entire stay made us feel pampered and loved. Worth every penny.

• Stayed: March 2010, travelled with family
Reviewed 29 March 2010

I cannot fault this hotel-the staff were excellent, the breakfast well done (but could have been improved given the price point), rooms lovely and quiet, bathrooms huge and luxurious, and concierge was top rate-however, I could easily have forgotten I was in Prague (which is a plus or minus depending on how much you like Prague). The positives (in my opinion): 1. beautiful 5 start hotel 2. menu with non Czech food option 3. quiet location in lovely old neighborhood away from tourist throngs, but still in walking distance to the tourist hot spots.

• Stayed: March 2010, travelled on business
1  Thank HCJdallas
Reviewed 26 March 2010

My boyfriend has promised me a trip to Prague for half a year so I couldn’t wait for my visit last weekend. We were met by the hotels limousine, so comfort and style was my immediate impression of the hotel from the start. Upon check I we had a very sweet bubbly lady who personally showed us to our room which was lovely. After seeing many images of rooms I knew none are standard, probably due to the nature of the building being so old.

Ours was not the biggest or full of many individual character or features as some Id seen, and also looked straight only a side road, with houses close opposite meaning our curtains remained drawn for most of our stay- a few bad points, and I was slightly disappointed. However, the height of the ceiling made up for the room itself not being huge and still felt airy and spacious, was stylishly presented and with probably the most comfortable bed I’ve every slept in! Our bathroom was gorgeous in limestone with a huge showerhead, but again Id expect a standalone shower cubicle for this type of hotel and staying in a deluxe(2nd up) room category so I was a tiny bit disappointed by this. But the great array of gorgeous Aromatherapy Associates products soon made up for this!

We stayed 3 nights and after awhile you get so used to breezing in through the outer gate to your own secret hotel that feels so secluded and private which is important in a bustling city like Prague, and many other 4star hotels there being bang on a main road, so the location it perfect, with Charles bridge 5 mins walk away. The flow and feel of the hotel is amazing. Even though its stylishly decorated, you still really feel the history (former monastery) of the building and it all adds an excitement about the place.
Facilities:
Breakfast- served until 10.30 every day. You can choose from a huge buffet- great selection of breads, cheese, yogurt and cereals as well as requesting your own hot dish to order or from a menu. The staff, all mainly young men at breakfast are lovely! So charming and while staying in background they always know just when to refill your juice or coffee. There is classical music playing as you eat and it’s just a lovely way to start the day.
Business centre- 2 huge screen computers with free 24hr internet and printer access- perfect.
Fitness centre- we loved coming here for our work out and only saw 2 other people on the days we came.
There are 2 treadmills, 2 bikes, 2 cross trainers and a weights room. All the machines come with their own screen to watch any TV channel you like which was perfect.
Spa- amazing as I’m sure you’ve heard! The minute you step in you feel so tranquil and calm, the atmosphere with candle lit corridors in the basement is so serene and my facial was amazing. Only down side- for a spa of this quality (and expense!) you really expect some extra facilities to be free of use. We paid about £ 30 extra to sue the Jacuzzi and steam room, but I think they could easily re use a large therapy room and put these in there together and allow guests complimentary access before/after treatments to add to the experience?
The concierge service is amazing! My boyfriend arranged several treats for me including Swan lake but his ticket had expired and the concierge sorted this out for him and also managed to track down, buy and have delivered a rare Czech book a friend had asked us to buy-within 10 hours. All at no extra cost and they were charming as ever!
All in all we had a lovely stay, the feel, energy and beauty of the hotel really create a lovely atmosphere that you instantly miss (especially when on returning you miss your flight and are put up for the night in a the Marriot Prague airport hotel!) we couldn’t help comparing everything and really missing our Mandarin oriental that we already can’t wait to come back to.
1 tip: visit Kampa Park restaurant 5 mins away just under Charles Bridge, ask for the river view room and enjoy some of the best food (vegetarian especially) you will ever eat!

• Stayed: March 2010, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Jemimastar1
Reviewed 17 March 2010

Despite bitterly cold weather we thoroughly enjoyed our visit to Prague, made all the more pleasurable thanks to the wonderful hospitality extended to us by the staff of the Mandarin Oriental. It is a delightful hotel which doesn't disappoint in any respect and is true to the Mandarin Oriental tradition. Service is flawless, smiles are plentiful, food delicious, bedrooms superbly styled and equipped (great showers!) and that most important element - a knowledgeable 'bend over backwards to help' concierge. .....not to mention an excellent barman in Martin, whose kumquat cocktails are pretty impressive!

• Stayed: March 2010, travelled with family
Reviewed 25 February 2010

We spent a long weekend at the Mandarin Oriental at the beginning of February. It far surpassed expectations which is not often the case in my experience. The hotel is a former monastery which has been transformed into a delightful hotel, whilst maintaining the historic nature of the building. It is very tastefully decorated and has a lovely warm atmosphere throughout.

We ate in the bar on the first night, and while expensive is worth the treat. The staff were very friendly and helpful throughout our stay. The breakfast was wonderful (maybe too good for some with a sweet tooth!!!) and can be enjoyed at a leisurely pace. I also took a visit to the spa which is located in the oldest part of the hotel which I believe dates back to the 14th century - again expensive but gorgeous! We really recommend this hotel ... probably one of our most pleasurable stays yet!!

For another treat, visit the nearby U Maliru restaurant which was recommended to us by the hotel. A truly enjoyable dining experience - wonderful food and great service!

• Stayed: February 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 16 February 2010

Just returned from a 2 night Valentines weekend break and had a wonderful stay at the Mandarin Oriental.

Mercedes to pick us up from the airport, room upgrade upon arrival with in-room check-in was a perfect start. Huge room with a courtyard view and the most comfortable bed I have ever slept in ! Big bathroom with seperate walk in rain shower was fantastic.

Staff are great and cannot do enough for you. They always address you personally even if you are just passing through the lobby. This kind of personal service seperates Mandarin Oriental from the rest.

We ate in the hotel restaurant Essensia on Valentines and were treated to a gourmet feast ! I believe the restaurant at the Four Seasons in Prague is the only Michelin starred establishment in Prague, but having ate at both, I preferred Essensia. The service outstanding and the food out of this world.

The bar is also outstanding, but surprisingly quiet for Valentines weekend.

My only complaint, is the very strange practice that housekeeping have when they complete the night service turndown in your room. They opened the patio door that gave access to the courtyard. I wouldnt mind so much in the summer, but not when it is -10 outside ! It could also be a security hazard. We didnt know this was open until we awoke in the night, absolutely freezing. The air con system is also too powerful and left us with sore throats in the morning.

This aside, we had a very relaxing weekend and this will be the only hotel of choice if we return to Prague.

• Stayed: February 2010, travelled as a couple