“Good sleep!”

Ranked #8 of 660 Speciality Lodging in Prague
Gdansk, Poland
“Good sleep!”
Reviewed 27 February 2014

Great designed hostel, very clean, good localization, comfortable beds. For me more like a three stars hotel with multiple beds' rooms. One thing I miss in this hostel was the lack of this special atmosphere small hostels have. But as my experience shows every super-modern and quite big hostel has this problem which small and sometimes dirty hostels don't have. For me the atmosphere is the most important, that's why my rate is only 'very good' instead of 'excellent'. In general - nice place!

• Stayed March 2013, travelled with friends
Chris S, Owner at Czech Inn, responded to this review, 15 March 2014
Dear RachelaZukerman,

Thank you for staying with us at Czech Inn! We're happy you enjoyed your stay, and do hope to see you again in the future. Thank you once again!

Chris

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (66)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Greater Perth, Australia
Reviewed 15 January 2014 via mobile

The Czech Inn is great, newly renovated facilities and helpful staff are just the beginning. We stayed in a double room with private bathroom which was really good, probably the best shower I've had in two months! The bar downstairs was hit and miss but a good spot for meeting fellow travellers. The location is good, Prague isn't that large so you can either get the tram five minutes into the city or walk which takes 10minutes. The best feature would be the staff, they're all really friendly and helpful.
Loved it, can't wait to go back!

Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Merrikate C
Chris S, Owner at Czech Inn, responded to this review, 19 January 2014
Dear Merrikate C,

Thank you for staying with us at Czech Inn! We're so happy that you enjoyed your stay and that the staff took great care of you. We look forward to having you back again someday. Thank you for the kind feedback.

Cheers,

Liege, Belgium
Reviewed 13 January 2014

One of the worst nights in a hostel for me: three guys were smoking inside the dorm, the staff didn't do much, since they already knew it from the night before and they didn't do anything.
I asked to change rooms and the staff did it promptly, but the room was still problematic, since other people changed to the new room as well, not even spending the night in the other one, because of the smell.

The facilities are great, although, a little too dark. And the it's not so close to the city center, a 15 min walk, at least.

But everything else doesn't make up for a cigarette smelling room (and your clothes too)

• Stayed January 2014, travelled solo
Chris S, Owner at Czech Inn, responded to this review, 13 January 2014
Dear Marina F,

Thank you for staying with us at Czech Inn. I'm very sorry that you encountered a problem with other guests smoking. Normally, our strict policy prohibiting in-room smoking is adhered to without issues. In your situation, I'm disappointed to hear that these particular guests chose to ignore our policy, and also that it was not resolved satisfactorily by our staff. We will investigate the incident, and ensure that this does not happen again. I would like to invite you back again (as our guest) - I will follow-up with you in a separate message with the details.

Thank you for the feedback. We continuously strive to improve our guest's experience, and your comments will help ensure that future guests have an amazing stay!

Rome, Italy
Reviewed 10 January 2014

One of the best hostel I've ever been! I really recommend this place to all short sighted budget tourists or young people. I was on a flash trip through eastern Europe and only stayed there for one night, and I was amazed by the quality and comfort the hostel had for a 10 euro price! I shared a 6 bed room with 4 other girls, each of us had a cabin locker under the bed which was easy to use. We also shared one bathroom, however, in the common area in the same floor there were other baths and showers in case the ones inside the room weren't enough. I felt good in this accommodations!

• Stayed January 2014, travelled with friends
Chris S, Owner at Czech Inn, responded to this review, 13 January 2014
Dear Verocavig,

Thank you for choosing Czech Inn! We hope to see you again when you have more time to spend in Prague. We're happy you enjoyed your stay - and we appreciate your kind feedback.

Warsaw, Poland
Reviewed 6 January 2014

By far the best hostel I ever stayed in. We decided to sleep in 34-bed cellar dormitory (mosty because it was the cheapest option available) but then it proved to be a great decision. The room was very clean, the beds had everything one could need (a lamp, electric socket and big, lockable container for your stuff), bathrooms were really cool as well. The staff was helpful and spoke English very well. They tried to answer all of our questions and had helpful tips when it came to sight-seeing. Although we didn't order breakfast, it looked pretty awesome. The bar in the basement is also a good idea - seems like a good place to hang out and have a beer. The location is very good, although it could be a bit closer to the metro station - you still had to walk 10 minutes or take a tram or bus to get to the nearest one.

Room Tip: Do try the cellar room~! The ceilling is to die for! The room itself is very clean and practical. Th...
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Celebriana
Chris S, Owner at Czech Inn, responded to this review, 9 January 2014
Dear Celebriana,

Thank you for staying with us at Czech Inn! We're so happy you enjoyed your stay, and genuinely appreciate your kind feedback. Please come back to visit us again!

Sao Paulo, SP
Reviewed 3 January 2014

I can't complain anything about it.
Very comfortable, provides a good bed and wifi.
Location is good with a very convenient tram very close to it.
Staff is very helpful.
Price is great.
I'd recommend it to anyone.

• Stayed February 2013, travelled solo
Chris S, Owner at Czech Inn, responded to this review, 9 January 2014
Dear AndreChaves,

Thank you for staying with us at Czech Inn! We're happy you enjoyed your stay, and appreciate your kind feedback. Please come back and visit us again!

London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 28 December 2013 via mobile

The staff are awesome; there was a new person at reception pretty much every day but that didn't affect the service. The staff helped me with planning day trip and to book the next destination. I stayed there for 6 nights in total. I explored Prague, especially New Town (where the hostel is based) after one of the receptionist at Czech Inn advised me on where to go in the area. New Town has so much more to offer in terms of delicious and very cheap food and alcohol. Don't stick to Old Town (tourist infected), venture into new town and benefit from great customer service in bars and restaurants. I made new friends in the basement bar and in the dorm, which was a bonus.
The dorms were clean enough, I was staying in a 10-bed female dorm and it was cleaned regularly but of course not everyone was tidy.
I can't recommend Czech Inn enough! I wish all hostels were like Czech Inn