“I was satisfied during my stay”
Review of Davids Apartments

Davids Apartments
Ranked #24 of 365 Prague B&B and Inns
Reviewed 29 August 2012

Two friends and I stayed in a 3-person room for 4 days last week. In general, I gave it a satisfying 4 point.

The location is close to the Metro station "Florenc" which is the intersection station of the yellow and red line. It is convenient in that sense. Beside, you find a supermarket "Billa" next to the station so it is pretty handy for budget travelers. At least, my friends and I cooked some simple dinner thanks to that supermarket.

The facilities of our room are okay. Take the kitchen for example, we had two pans (one wok and the other is a flat pan), a pot, a toaster, a stove, a water boiler and a microwave. However the wok is too old with obvious scratches so we used other things, except for that wok. The kitchen facilities were pretty sufficient.

The only problem we had was the flying at night. During our stay, Prague was very hot and our room was on the top of the building so we had to open windows. And then our light just attracted flying and insects entering our room. There was no air condition in the room and I did not know if other accommodations (the same level) had one.

One more thing, the building has a very old elevator. But it is durable for two people with luggage. We just felt a bit unsafe because we made noise whenever we entered it and stepped out.

The staff were "moderately" friendly. I guess it is a cultural thing that they tend not to show their emotions to customers.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled with friends

Reviewed 17 August 2012

i stayed here for 5 nights, and in my opinion is one of the greatest low cost hostels i've stayed in !!
Very good room, excellent mattress, very clean bathroom, and on top of all of this a delicious breakfast delivered to our door everyday!!!

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 31 October 2011

I have stayed for this apartment for 6 days!
Pros:
1) Good location, just 15 ~ 20 mins walking distance to Old Town & just opposite to the Florence Bus Station (there is an money exchange shop inside which was the best rate i met in Prague)
2) Good neigbourhood ~ police station just right opposite
3) Have supermarket, restaurants nearby
4) Free stable Wifi
5) Clean, comfortable & spacious room with full equipped kitchen
6) Free instant coffee & tea
7) Can storage your baggages after check-outed
8) Have lift even though it is very small
9) Nice receipts

Cons:
1) there is no ventilation & sink in the bathroom
2) u can hear the flushing water sound of the next room

There are 2 room types : class studio & luxury studio

I have stayed 2 nights at the top floor (6/F) which is the most spacious room with private balcony
of cause it is the luxury type and free upgraded to me
and 2 nights at 3/F & 1/F, with double bed, small kitchen, bathroom without ventilation
they just charged me Euro $38 per night for single use without breadfast
it was 15% off to me

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled solo
3  Thank AdaChuk
Reviewed 17 June 2011

Average rooms for the money you pay - typical what you pay is what you get. We were given the room on the third floor. Small room with kitchenette, bathroom and living room. There was no sink in the bathroom, so it was put in the living room. There is no balcony, only windows facing other buildings which made me little uncomfortable because of privacy.
There is wireless internet available, at least generally available because there were periods of the day when it was really hard to connect.
There is a restaurant downstairs which was rather good and really cheap.
One thing that cannot be beaten is the location along with price. I think it is really hard to find apartment so close to the city center for this price.
I was reading some previous reviews about the safety in the neighborhood and i think that shouldnt be a problem because there's a police station right across the hotel, next to Florenc Bus Station.
In general, if you are staying in this guest house, don't expect too much because you are not paying too much. Location+price= hard to find similar to this.

Room Tip: I was at room 28, 3rd floor - has private bathroom
  • Stayed: May 2011, travelled as a couple
2  Thank DareBt
Reviewed 24 April 2011

We rented an apartment on Biskupský dvůr 3. Good location - 15 minutes away from the city old centre. The one-bedroom apartment was large and quite spacious. The service was good and the apartment was cleaned every two days as advertized. One of the clerks was very informative and gave us information on the bus and train systems. The kitchen is well equipped. I would recommend this apartment. They offer a 20% discount when the stay is 7 days or more.

• Stayed: April 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 30 December 2008

Overall I would not recommend this hostel. This hostel is about a 10-15 minute walk to the city centre, however is located in a shabby part of town with a lot of graffiti and litter.

The room itself is not in the best condition either. The bed sheets/covers do not appear to be of utmost cleanliness. The bathroom is extremely small with dirty shower curtains.

For those who value cleanliness and comfort this hostel is not recommended. However it is a good place for students travelling on a budget at $70USD a night for a single room. Hint: there is also another hotel right across the street that charges about the same rate as David’s apartment and is far more bearable than this one.

On a positive note, the pizza restaurant located downstairs is delicious! One of the best pasta dishes I’ve ever had. The only reason why I would return this part of town.

• Stayed: October 2008, travelled as a couple
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
3  Thank nkimmers
Reviewed 18 May 2007

Paid around £29 per night to have this studio falt to myself. It was clean, bedding was old but comfortable. Strange smell in the bathroom of Pizza dough, but that was beacuse of the Pizza restaurent directly underneath. Very secure and the accomadation office were helpful. Not too far from the city centre (20 min walk) and underground station literally outside. Only thing I will say is they like cash payment even though they have a credit card machine. I emailed them before hand asking if credit card would be a problem. When I got there they insisted I go to the cash point and get cash. I refused saying credit card or nothing and had a print out of their email to me saying credit card would be ok. With a huff and puff they took the payment. Be warned!

• Stayed: April 2007, travelled solo