“Clarion Hotel is very nice and good hotel”

Clarion Hotel Prague City
Ranked #141 of 649 Hotels in Prague
Rishon Lezion, Israel
“Clarion Hotel is very nice and good hotel”
Reviewed 19 February 2014

Clarion Hotel is very nice and good hotel.

Location is in Prague 2 in nice area, near I.P.Pavlova. Metro and Tram 50-70 meter from the hotel.

Reception friendly and warm welcoming (you don't have this welcoming in many hotels in Prague. Most of them cold to very cold)

Lobby very small but it is OK.

The room was very clean, very good, TV very good.
Mini bar could have 0.33 litter botles instead os 0.2 litter. (0.2 littel is a sample and not drinking beverage).

Breakfast very good (for my tasre).

Internet was great.

2 things I didn't like :

1. The rooms windows can't be open and I need fresh air. So I went out from the Hotel for fresh air.
2. The hotel booking is playing with or without breakfast. I am sure some booked without notice and they have to pay
extra for breakfast. I think this hotel should make all booking include breakfast.

Room Tip: If you like fresh air from time to time in the room ask for room with windows could be open
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
Zulueta, Manager at Clarion Hotel Prague City, responded to this review, 25 February 2014
Dear Guest,
I am very pleased to read how much you enjoyed your recent stay with us at Clarion Hotel Prague City****. Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback on TripAdvisor and for highly recommending our hotel.
We certainly look forward to your next visit.
Hotel Director

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (63)
  • Czech first
  • Finnish first
  • Greek first
  • Hebrew first
  • Slovak first
London
Reviewed 5 February 2014

The Hotel is located 2 minutes walk from Pavlova metro station. However it was easier to walk to the old town. It takes about 25min walk to get into the town centre. Nice walk thought. Take a map in the first instance but it's very easy to walk around.

The hotel room was very spacious, bright and modern. Bathroom are modern and very clean.

Breakfast was included in our room rate. For a 4 star hotel, I seen better quality breakfast.
It's a self service buffet but what I hate the most and I think this is 2 star standard are vending machine for juice and hot beverages. This taste horrible.

Otherwise there is a nice selection but not high quality. Staff are nice and they speak good English.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank sw18london
Zulueta, Manager at Clarion Hotel Prague City, responded to this review, 6 February 2014
Dear Guest,
I am very pleased to read that you enjoyed your overall stay with us at Clarion Hotel Prague City****. Thank you for writing a review on TripAdvisor regarding our hotel and for sharing your experience to other guests seeking accommodation options in Prague.
While I am very pleased to learn that you had a great holiday with us, I was of course most alarmed to read that your experience in a few aspects did not meet the high standards we strive to achieve. I appreciate you bring this issue to my attention and the opportunity to address your feedback.
I am happy to read your comments regarding our location, rooms and most especially for acknowledging our friendly and professional colleagues.
Once again, thank you for taking the time to post a review. We certainly look forward to welcoming you back on your next visit to Prague.

Cardiff, United Kingdom
Reviewed 29 December 2013

Rare for me to rate anything a 5 but the Clarion Hotel deserves this for the outstanding Customer Service alone. The front desk staff in particular were beyond helpful, had excellent knowledge of the local area, where to eat and transportation options, suggestions on what to visit etc etc. Rooms were fabulous with really comfortable beds, loads of space, good temperature control and lovely and quiet despite being over a reasonably busy street.

The hotel restaurant, which being still open at our late arrival on our first night was an easy option, was wonderful. Best pumpkin soup I have ever tasted and very reasonable in price.

A really wonderful stay and I would certainly stay here again. Thank you Clarion Hotel.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
4 Thank apples2172
Zulueta, Manager at Clarion Hotel Prague City, responded to this review, 31 December 2013
Dear Guest,
thank you very much for taking the time to share your feedback on TripAdvisor. I am very pleased to read that you had a memorable and enjoyable stay with us at Clarion Hotel Prague City****. We pride ourselves in delivering a unique experience for all our guests, and I am therefore delighted to learn tht we were successful in achieving this for you.
I am very fortunate to surrounded by a great team and working for such a beautiful property.
I do hope we will have another opportunity to welcoming you back to our hotel in the near future.
Marina Zulueta¨
Kosice, Slovakia
Reviewed 27 December 2013 via mobile

We stayed in this hotel for three nights in early December 2013. The hotel itself is very modern and centrally located. There is a beautiful restaurant Benada located on the ground floor where you can enjoy a buffet breakfast, lunch or dinner. Our room facing to the square was spacious, clean and quite. The bathroom was good sized.The tram stop is just around the corner. If Prague then Clarion City. Stay here!

Stayed December 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank michal k
Dear Guest,
I am very pleased to read how much you enjoyed your stay with us at Clarion Hotel Prague City****. I am most greatful for your kind acknowledgement of our facilities, location, food and personalized level of service extended to you by our colleagues on all occasions.
Once again, thank you very much for highly recommending our hotel on TripAdvisor and for taking the time to share your feedback.
We certainly look forward to welcoming you back and ensuring your next holiday will be another fond experience.
Sydney, Australia
Reviewed 27 December 2013

We had the pleasure of staying at this lovely hotel over Christmas 2013. We were met by smiling and attentive staff who spoke very good English. The rooms (2 of them) were clean, modern and well appointed with all the little extras you'd expect. I would recommend room 207 a it was a little larger and had a nice view of the square outside.

The breakfast buffet is well stocked and fresh, and the chef apparently does omelette to order. We also dined in the restaurant for dinner and the menu was modern, well presented and good value.
The hotel is well placed as the metro station I P Pavlova line C is just at the end of the street and many tram lines also ruin close by. It is only 1 stop by metro to Wenceslas square and the national museum and state opera.

I would highly recommend this lovely hotel to anyone staying in this great city.
N.B. just beware the taxis on the street and at the railway station. They are unregulated and will charge unsuspecting foreigners exorbitantly high rates for short trips. Pre book a taxi or car through the hotel to meet you at the railway station or airport.

A special thanks to Mariana and Jiromar for their fantastic service. Special mention to Michal the trainee waiter for his enthusiasm.

Room Tip: 207 is a little larger with a good view of the square outside.
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled with friends
3 Thank logan311
Dear Guest,
I would like to thank you for spending your valuable time and giving us feedback about your stay. I am delighted to read how much you enjoyed your recent stay with us. I am also very pleased of your kind recognition of our colleagues Mariana, Jaromir and Michal. Your feedback is much appreciated and take great pleasure in sharing your warm comments with them directly.
Along with my team, we certainly look forward to the opportunity to welcoming your return in the very near future.

Paris, France
Reviewed 25 December 2013

A very nice hotel with an excellent location. Only 15 minutes by walk to all major points. Rich buffet breakfast served every day from 6.30 in nice restaurant Banada. Rooms are clean and quiet. Staff at the reception is always ready to help. We highly recommend the Ckarion City. Merry Christmas to all!

• Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
Dear Guest,
I would like to thank you for taking the time to post a review following your recent stay with us at Clarion Hotel Prague City****. I am delighted to read that we managed to exceed your expectations both with the product and service that we extend throughout the hotel. I have shared your feedback with the rest of the team and they were very happy to know that their efforts are highly appreciated by our guests.
Once again, thank you very much for highly recommending our hotel on TripAdvisor. We certainly look very much forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Reviewed 10 December 2013

Clean rooms, and we noticed particularly good sound-proofing... newer beds and bedding, rooms overlook a nice little square. A small Christmas market was set up right outside the hotel entrance. Metro and trams (I P Pavlova) at 50 meters. Groceries, restaurants and bars in easy walking distance. Ask for directions to the Tesco if you need department store type stuff... We found it handy (and accidently) and only a couple minutes walk from the hotel.

Breakfast spread is pretty nice for selection, but sadly, can only be rated average for taste and quality.

Room Tip: I see comments about noise, but we noticed particularly good sound-proofing. We liked our wintery v...
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank AmantVivere
Zulueta, Manager at Clarion Hotel Prague City, responded to this review, 13 December 2013
Dear Guest,
thank you for highly recommending our hotel on TripAdvisor and for taking the time to share your feedback. I appreciate your comments regarding our rooms and great location.
We certainly look forward to welcoming you back and to ensuring your next holiday with us will be another fond experience.