“Comfortable, good...”

Clarion Hotel Prague City
Ranked #125 of 647 Hotels in Prague
Reviewed 27 May 2014

We spent 3 days with a friend's company in 3 rooms, all were perfect. Clean, very quiet, really comfortable beds and pillows. You can open the upper part of the window. Good bathroom, one can't criticise with base it.
The staff is perfect. One pair of us came from Germany plus after the booking one more person came with us: the personnel managed it like the most natural issue, even to gave us our rooms directly next to each other. (I'd like to explain my thanks to Ms Marina Zulueta for her help:)
The location is acceptable, but not s o close to the city center and the Old Town...but the Wenceslas Square 7-8, the Old Town is cca. 15 minutes walk...say so:)
Prague is amazing...walk, walk, walk...and watch it. Watch inside the gates, the roofs of the old houses...watch everything. Take a cruise on Vltava, climb the Nerudova...and many more.
We need more time to know the town better - and we wiil have.
I can recommend the Hotel any time...

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends
Zulueta, Manager at Clarion Hotel Prague City, responded to this reviewResponded 28 May 2014

Dear Guest,
thank you for taking the time to share your experience on TripAdvisor. I am delighted to read how much you enjoyed your recent stay with us at Clarion Hotel Prague City****. It is with great pleasure that I extend such a positive feedback to our colleagues who are dedicated to ensuring your stay is memorable and highly valued.
It was certainly our pleasure to ensure your holiday was as relaxing as you have so warmly describe.
I certainly look forward to the opportunity of welcoming you back in the near future.

Reviewed 11 May 2014

When you read this hotel's online reviews, the service sounds too good to be true. But its true. I stay at hotels all the time; this is my first review and i wrote it to express appreciation.

My wife and I booked a two night stay together with our infant son, and after spending the night we had legitimate issue with the room - one that can happen anywhere.

What impressed us was the hotel's reaction when we brought this to their attention. They changed our room, did everything they could to make us comfortable and recompense us for the issue, and the manager even sent fruit to our room as a courtesy to apologize for the inconvenience. Even before the stay when i needed to finalize a detail with the front desk, they called me back overseas before i arrived to do the utmost.

While not extravagant - the hotel is incredibly comfortable, clean and its convenient for getting to attractions. The rooms are tasteful and cozy. The metro is nearby by and the 22 tram provides a scenic short trip toward the mala strana and castle district. The concierge is also excellent and the desk staff professional and the service five star.

This is my third stay at a Clarion in Prague and i can really stay that the staff in both the Old Town where i have stayed twice in the past and Prague City Clarion where i just stayed are attentive and really try to make the stay very comfortable.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank tayarolami
Zulueta, Manager at Clarion Hotel Prague City, responded to this reviewResponded 12 May 2014

Dear Guest,
thank you for taking the time to write a review on TripAdvisor.
It was certainly our pleasure to ensure you an absolutely wonderful experience.
I would also like to thank you for acknowledging the efforts of our team members and their dedication in ensuring that your expectations are exceeded.
Once again, thank you for highly recommending our hotel on TripAdvisor. Along with my team, we certainly look forward to the opportunity to welcoming you back in the near future.

Reviewed 7 May 2014

Good litlle hotel, perfect for a short visit to Prague.
Situated 5 min from the neares metro station and 8-10 min on foot from Vatslavske Namesti.
Very kind people, gave all the info we needed.
They have their own garage, which is perfect if you travel by car so you do not need to worry about parking - it costs 500 CZK per day, which compared to other parking prices in Prague is the golden middle.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
Zulueta, Manager at Clarion Hotel Prague City, responded to this reviewResponded 9 May 2014

Dear Guest,
thank you for taking the time to write a review and for sharing your feedback on TripAdvisor. I am very pleased to learn that you enjoyed your holiday and sincerely appreciate your kind acknowledgement of our location, level of service and quality of food.
Once again, thank you for positive rating and recommending our hotel on TripAdvisor.
We certainly look forward to the opportunity of welcoming you back in the near future.

Reviewed 20 April 2014 via mobile

The most accommodating staff of any hotel experience in over 60 years of travel. They arranged airport transportation and on their own initiative tracked down a lost acquaintance living in Prague. I was able to have a telephone conversation thus reconnecting after many years. The breakfasts included in the room rates were substantial. They arranged for a handicap-accessible room. Service was competent and friendly. Located a block from the trams and two blocks to the Metro. It was a most pleasant experience. I recommend without reservation.

Stayed: April 2014
2  Thank Chris G
Zulueta, Manager at Clarion Hotel Prague City, responded to this reviewResponded 22 April 2014

Dear Guest,
I would like to thank you for spending your valuable time and giving us feedback about your stay.
I am happy that you had a fantastic time, enjoyed our delightful breakfasts and had a pleasant stay in our rooms. Thank you also for complimenting our great location, and most importantly, the level of service extended to you by our colleagues who are dedicated in making your stay a comfortable and enjoyable experience.
Once again, thank you very much for highly recommending our hotel on TripAdvisor. We are certainly look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Reviewed 14 April 2014

My husband and I stayed at Clarion hotel for few days during our last eurotrip..
We were only searching the internet for a hotel with good location and good price. It was our first visit to beautiful prague. We booked online and got the address.
We easily arrived there around 5 PM, it was a 15-20 minutes walk from the train station, right in the middle of the city center with lots of all kinds of shops, restaurants, tram and bus stops around. The smiling welcoming front desk staff checked us in immediately to our lovely super clean room. It was way above what we expected for the price we're paying. everything was very tidy and modern. Free wifi was also provided in the room.
The staff there were amazingly friendly and helpful. they would do whatever they can to assist and help. A receptionist actually recommended a place right around the corner when we mentioned that we're interested in trying Czech food and it was amazing.
We could also buy the 'hop on hop off' buss tickets from the reception, and the bus stop was just behind the hotel, and i highly recommend it as well.
Everything about our stay in Prague was amazingly beautiful. and I'm already recommending Clarion hotel to everyone I know!

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
Zulueta, Manager at Clarion Hotel Prague City, responded to this reviewResponded 17 April 2014

Dear Guest,
I am happy that you found our rooms extremly clean and comfortable, our level of service superb and our staff very helpful and professional.
Thank you for highly recommending our hotel on TripAdvisor. Along with my team, we certainly look forward to the opportunity to welcoming your return in the very near future.

Reviewed 9 April 2014 via mobile

I stayed at the Clarion Hotel with my husband for 3 nights. The overall experience was quite good, but in my opinion there is room for improvement.
The pros of this hotel were:
- the excellent location, you have tramway and metro stations on your doorstep but if you wish you can also walk to the Old Town;
- the room was clean, nice and comfortable, expecially the shower was excellent;
- all receptionists were friendly and helpful;
- soundproof balcony made the room very quiet at night.
On the other hand, the following things should and could be addressed to improve guests' experience:
- wifi connection in the room was very bad, it went down very often - we were there on holidays so it was a minor issue, but if I had been there on business trip I would have changed hotel!
- some towels were very old, with holes - again a minor issue because they were clean, but of course such a thing does not give a good image;
- balcony could not be opened - of course the room was equipped with air conditioning, but especially in the morning I would prefer to have fresh air instead of using air con;
- breakfast was average;
- finally, the worst thing during our stay was that we asked for a double bed in the reservation, but not only the bed was equipped with 2 separate mattresses, they were even prepared individually, each of them with its own very short blankets. Bedding should definitely be improved!
Despite this issues I pointed out, we had a very pleasant stay at this hotel and would gladly come back.

Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
Zulueta, Manager at Clarion Hotel Prague City, responded to this reviewResponded 12 April 2014

Dear Guest,
thank you for taking your valuable time and giving us feedback about your stay. While I am pleased to read that you had pleasant time with us, I was of course concerned to learn that you have been left to feel disappointed by certain points during your recent stay.
We greatly value all guest comments, both positive and constructive, and I am pleased to assure you that these have been thoroughly noted to assist us in managing better our guest expectations.
Once again, thank you very much for a review and I look forward to the opportunity of personally welcoming you back in the near future.

Reviewed 26 March 2014

My whife and I stayed for a weekend in march 2014 at the Clarion Hotel Prague City.
My very best recommendations to this hotel. Excellent service from the reception with miss Mariana in the lead. Clean and comfortable room with double bed. Tasteful breakfast meal.
A tramcar line 22 only 5 minutes from the hotel. The line goes to the Castle on the top of the hill. The walking distance from the hotel to the old city center of Prague, about 30 minutes.

When going back to Prague, my whife and I are sure to visit Clarion Hotel Prague City.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Bjoern B
Zulueta, Manager at Clarion Hotel Prague City, responded to this reviewResponded 27 March 2014

Dear Guest,
it is with great pleasure to read your very kind review of your visit to Clarion Hotel Prague City****. Thank you for complimenting the level of service extended to you by our colleagues who are dedicated in making your stay a comfortable and enjoyable experience.
Once again, thank you for highly recommending our hotel on TripAdvisor.