“Small good and fair hotel”

Clarion Hotel Prague City
Ranked #141 of 649 Hotels in Prague
West Bloomfield, Michigan
“Small good and fair hotel”
Reviewed 17 July 2014

Located near metro station and tram and close to Vats lav avenue. good service and nice breakfast,clean,friendly,helpful and attentive staff.We were totally satisfied with Clarion Prague.
Enjoyed the every day farmer market in front of the hotel.

Room Tip: Ask for a front room
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
Zulueta, Manager at Clarion Hotel Prague City, responded to this review, 20 July 2014
Dear Guest,
I would like to thank you for spending your valuable time and giving us feedback about your stay.
I am happy to note that you had a great time with us, enjoyed our delightful breakfasts and had a pleasant time in our rooms.
Thank you for highly recommending our hotel on TripAdvisor. We certainly look forward to welcoming your return back in the very near future.

Hotel Director

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (63)
  • Czech first
  • Finnish first
  • Greek first
  • Hebrew first
  • Slovak first
Reviewed 7 July 2014

I visited Prague with my son, we decided to find a hotel not far from the central railway station and centre of the city. I was pleased to find out that this hotel totally satisfied our needs. Situated in a walking distance from the metro I.P. Pavlova (named after the famous Russian doctor) the hotel gave us a feeling of comfort, security and home for a week. Breakfast was good, it was always something to select. The room was clean, modern and tidy, TV offered programs in English, German, Russian and other languages. Staff is friendly and speaks English(German). I guess they understand Russian, Polish too.

We could make tea/coffee in our room. It was a really quiet place in a walking distance to restaurants, pubs with Czech beer and it took a short time to walk to Wencelas Square, say, 5 minutes. We really enjoyed Clarion, Praha! It was a great week in Prague. We can recommend it to friends.

Room Tip: Our room faced interior yard. Nothing special, but really quiet.
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled with family
Zulueta, Manager at Clarion Hotel Prague City, responded to this review, 8 July 2014
Dear Guest,
I am very pleased to read your positive review from your recent stay with us at Clarion Hotel Prague City****.Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback and highly recommend our hotel on TripAdvisor. I am delighted to read that you have been overall impressed with the quality of our hotel and service. Your kind comments will serve as an added inspiration to consistently maintain the high standards which you have experienced during your stay with us.
We do hope you will return to Prague in the near future and we look forward to the opportunity to welcoming you back.
Guelph, Canada
Reviewed 1 July 2014

My partner and I stayed at the Clarion Hotel in mid-June while visiting Prague. We were extremely happy with this choice.

Proximity to the main Train Station was a must for us, as we are backpacking. The Clarion was only a fifteen minute walk from the station. It is a great base for anyone without a car. Five minutes from Wenceslas Square, and a main tram stop just around the corner from the hotel lobby. There was also a Tesco supermarket as well as numerous fast food/restaurant options nearby.

Our room was quite spacious, very clean, and comfortable. There was a stocked minibar, as well as an electronic kettle with complimentary tea and Nescafe. The bathroom was modern, with quality shower and large bathtub.

Staff were very friendly and helpful during our stay. We would definitely stay here again on our next visit to Prague.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
Zulueta, Manager at Clarion Hotel Prague City, responded to this review, 2 July 2014
Dear Guest,
I am delighted to read how much you enjoyed your stay with us at Clarion Hotel Prague City****.
Thank you kindly for taking the time to share your personal experience on TripAdvisor.
I am most grateful for your acknowledgement of our location, room and personalized level of service extended to you by our colleagues on all occasions.
I am very happy to read that you would like to return to our hotel on your next holiday. We certainly look very much forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Marina zulueta
North Fort Myers, Florida
Reviewed 17 June 2014

This is a very nice hotel in an good location. The room is large for Europe and very comfortable we have everything we need. There is a large bathtub with a shower. The hotel is on a square and there was a flea market there one day, an exotic food festival the next day and 2 days later a farmers market. Our room faces the square and it faces the tram line, but it is very quiet in the room. The staff at the front desk is very friendly and helpful, speaking only English is no problem.
The breakfast is excellent and the staff there is great. We would not hesitate staying here again.

Room Tip: We were in room 207. This is near the elevator and stairs. We have a good view of the square.
2 Thank Nancy_M3426
Zulueta, Manager at Clarion Hotel Prague City, responded to this review, 18 June 2014
Dear Guest,
I would like to thank you for spending your valuable time and giving us feedback regarding your stay. I am delighted to read that you were impressed with your stay.
Thank you for complimenting our rooms, location and most importantly, the level of service extended to you by our colleagues who are dedicated in making your stay comfortable and enjoyable experience.
Thank you for making Clarion Hotel Prague City**** your destination of choice. We certainly look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Singapore
Reviewed 17 June 2014

We stayed at Clarion Prague for 3 nights in June. The hotel is very close to I.P. Pavlova Metro station on the C line (red line) and there is a tram stop within a 1 min walk from the hotel. The location is ideal, as you are easily connected to the main Prague attractions via the Metro or even better with the number 22 tram. Around the hotel, there are cafes, grocery stores, bank ATMs, McDonalds and a Tesco Express store.

The room is reasonably sized and the bathroom is spacious. The hotel itself is well maintained and clean. Breakfast is in the café downstairs, and it was a decent spread. A few vegetarian options as well, not sure if this is standard or if it was in response to our request made at the time of booking. A pleasant surprise for us!

For late checkout, there is a charge of EUR 5 per hour and the reception was happy to do it.
No complaints, and would recommend staying in the hotel.

Dear Guest,
I am very pleased to read that you enjoyed your overall stay with us at Clarion Hotel Prague City****. Thank you for choosing to write a review on TripAdvisor regarding our hotel and for sharing your experience to other guests seeking accommodation options in Prague.
Thank you for highly recommending our hotel. We certainly look forward to the opportunity of welcoming you back and serving you again in the near future.

Cairo, Egypt
Reviewed 17 June 2014

Me And my Wife booked 1 week for our honeymoon, from the very first moment everything was just perfect, starting from the cheerful reception team, fast check in, welcoming bell boy, clean room, nice gesture for our honeymoon, delicious daily breakfast.. etc. every thing.

im glad i was lucky knowing this place in the lovely praha.

special thank for miss Zulueta and her team.

Regards
Peter

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
Dear Guest,
I would like to thank you for choosing to stay at Clarion Hotel Prague City****. I am delighted to read that you enjoyed your recent stay with us and to receive such a positive and warm review of your stay.
Besides the excellent product we have, I am sure that it is our service and attention to details, are what makes us special. Still, we will work hard every day to try to deliver a perfect experience for all our guests.
Once again, thank you very much for recommending our hotel and I do hope we will have the opportunity to provide you with a superior experience in the very near future.

Rishon Lezion, Israel
Reviewed 14 June 2014

I arrived to Clarion hotel few weeks after my first visit there.

As before the Reception people were friendly and warm welcome. I have got the room immediately (before the check in time). There are hotels that even they have empty rooms don't give you the room. To have the room immediately is very appreciate since after night with flight you need to fresh a little before you run out.

The internet didn't work well but the stuff take care this very seriously and fix it.

As I wrote before the location is very good and because I have more time this trip I discover many bars, Restaurants and shops arround which are very use to eat or shop there.

I wrote it before I like to use room mini bar even the prices not cheap but to have 0.2 litter botles is bad. Clarion hotel shoud put 0.33 litter soft beverages. (If you like to increase the prices more so be) To drick sample is poor.
I call 0.2 Litter beverages "a sample".
But this not disturb of the staying in this hotel.

One thing disturb in the hotel the noise in the hall. I am not sure from what but maybe it is the room service girls.

I hope to be there soon again!

Room Tip: The rooms windows can't be open for fresh air so who need fresh air this hotel is not for him.
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
Zulueta, Manager at Clarion Hotel Prague City, responded to this review, 17 June 2014
Dear Guest,
thank you for taking the time to share your feedback from your recent stay with us at Clarion Hotel Prague City****. I am very pleased to learn that you enjoyed your holiday and sincerely appreciate your kind acknowledgement of our team and level of service.
Once again, thank you for highly recommending our hotel on TripAdvisor. Along with my team, we certainly look forward to the opportunity to welcoming you back in the very near future.