Residence Verona
Unitas Hotel(Prague)
US$245
US$225
  • Breakfast included
Vienna House Diplomat Prague(Prague)(Great Value!)
US$127
US$119
US$187
US$154
  • Restaurant
Art Nouveau Palace Hotel(Prague)
US$265
US$242
US$181
US$164
US$171
US$159
  • Breakfast included
See what travellers are saying:
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 17 July 2011

I am writing this review as before i went i read some reviews on here which made me very apprehensive before i arrived. Firstly i found no problems with cleanliness in our room, in fact it was spotless, all the rooms are suites with at least a double bed and a sofa bed. The staff were helpful although their English was limited. Breakfast although basic was adequate. There was even complimentary travel toothbrushes supplied so no complaints there.
The location was brilliant it is a couple of minutes walk from the metro station and 5 to 10 minutes walk from some of the more touristy attractions such as the astronomical clock, its also very close to a large and modern shopping centre.
Now the not so good bits, The room has a kitchenette area with a fridge, microwave and 2 ring hob, but if you want to cook (athough i dont know why anyone would go to prague and not eat out. especially as we found out the pizzeria across the road is great value and excellent food) you'd have a hard time as there are no pots or pans or cooking utensils perhaps if you ask reception they will provide these but we had no actual need for these things although a kettle would have been really handy.
As i was there with my mother i didn't fancy sleeping in the same bed as her, not to worry there is a sofa bed....the bedding for this however consisted of 2 spare single duvets and 1 pillow, no sheets or pillowcases or duvet covers.
The worst bit however was not down to the hotel itself but made our stay not as great as it could have been. Our room was at the rear of the property and faced out onto a covered courtyard, some of our neighbours decided to be very loud until gone 4 am and due to the layout the sound echoed around the courtyard and made sleep impossible, when eventually they shut up and i fell asleep i was awoken at 7 am by the builders renovating the adjacent building...VERY noisily again with the sound echoing it was unbearable. Not the hotels fault but a warning may have been nice. on the plus side anyone going wont have to put up with the idiots in the nearby room as we did.
All in all our stay was great it was incredible value and only marred by the problems above but i think it would be unfair to criticise the Verona for things out of their control. I would return but maybe take my ear plugs next time or set my alarm for 7!

Room Tip: see if they have any rooms at the front of the hotel.
  • Stayed: July 2011, travelled with family
2  Thank heatherharrison
Reviewed 9 July 2011

The best experience I can remember having at a hotel. Victor, the owner, was very nice and even left a surprise birthday gift in my room after seeing my passport dates. The room was very clean and comfortable and it was close enough to the places I wanted to go that it was very convenient. Free breakfast was included. I would highly recommend Residence Verona to anyone.

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled with friends
1  Thank HotN
Reviewed 5 July 2011

I should have been wary about this hotel when they wanted full payment for two nights stay on checking in. I paid but regret doing so. The desk clerk was very irritable. The room was not particularly clean. Some of the basic amenities were missing (like soap), which they did supply after asking. The worst of the room was the bedding. The duvets supplied were about a meter wide which is not wide enough to cover me when I turned on my side so I could not keep warm. There were several of these duvets, but all the same width. I barely got any sleep. There was a breakfast supplied in the morning, but it was very sparse and not particularly appetizing. When I checked out the next morning they would not refund the payment for the next night which I had already paid. I went anyhow just glad to get out.

Room Tip: A One Star accomodation at best.
  • Stayed: May 2011, travelled with friends
1  Thank DEDuane
Reviewed 14 June 2011

Very, very nice hotel and lovely staff! Thank you for nice trip! Everything was OK - rooms, clean, breakfast! Best regards Victor!

• Stayed: May 2011, travelled with friends
1  Thank IvaMarinova
Reviewed 11 June 2011

The photos and description gave us a high expectation of a 4 star suite in a converted mansion. The rooms were spacious, and its about 10 mins walk to Republic Sq and 15 to Old Town SQ so quite a good location. But that is the end of the good news. The service is poor eg. their credit card machine was broken so we had to pay by cash which was an issue as we hadn't planned to do that, and it was clear they had had this problem for several weeks so should have fixed it or warned us.The breakfast is very disappointing and you will probably want to eat out. They lay out a pre-prepared plate with an assortment of items like at a kids party eg. piece of ham, cheese, few (stale) biscuits and cake slices, orange squash, in an unpleasant breakfast room. Coffee was horrible. You can make toast and tea which is probably the only edible option. They also wont serve to your room as stated on some websites. You cant really eat in the room despite the full set of kitchen appliances, as there is only a worn out frying pan, no glasses, and inadequate cutlery and plates, and no kettle. The room furniture was tired (eg. wobbly chairs, TV handset broken, cigarette burn marks on table). Beds are hard with only one thin pillow per bed. Bathroom was dirty. So in summary, I realise now that this place was probably very nice when first opened a few years ago, but is now really only suitable for stag/hen parties. If you go mid-week like us you will avoid them, but if you are a family (or a couple) then I recommend you choose a traditional hotel room and pay a bit extra.

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled with family