“No space to move”

Hostel Chili Prague
Ranked #487 of 704 Speciality Lodging in Prague
Reviewed 22 June 2012

This hostel is not at the city center or close to major sight-seeing/attractions. We found that common bathrooms are not adequate in relation to number bed facilities/roomns available on the same floor. Maintenance of facilities are not up to the mark. Common kitchen and internet enabled desktops are available. Struggled to lift luggage to top floors as there are no elevator/lift.

Room Tip: If you are aged or not good at walking long distance then this is not for you.
  • Stayed: April 2012, travelled with family

Reviewed 21 June 2012

I stayed at the Hostel Chili with a group trip for two nights. Briefly - it isn't very clean, all areas (except for the breakfast room) seem to be in a bad state of repair, communal toilet & shower room were dirty and smelly, 5 double flights of stairs with no lift. I simply couldn't wait to get out of the place and would NEVER, EVER go back!
Only good points were it's location, the wine bar opposite and the helpful reception staff.
As I was booked on a tour I don't know how cheap the rates are but I wouldn't stay there again if they paid me!!

Room Tip: Book in anywhere else BUT the Hostel Chili!
  • Stayed: June 2012, travelled with friends
Reviewed 17 June 2012

Stayed here with my partner whilst we were backpacking round eastern europe - i decided to book here as i had stayed previously with some friends and had an okay stay. On arrival, we were told we could leave our bags and come back after 7pm as they were delayed with some checkouts - when we came back we had to pay an additional city tax. Went to our room where the beds were old and creaky, I couldnt move without waking the room! We had a power cut on the 1st night, the breakfast was non existent and the communal areas were just really dirty. Also quite annoying that in a room for 8 there was 2 plug sockets! We left and stayed in another hotel for the 2nd night and dealt with the financial consequences because neither of us could bear another night there.

Room Tip: A tip? Book elsewhere.
  • Stayed: August 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 21 May 2012

I have stayed in 6 Hostels over the past 6 weeks and this one is definiitely the worst. Stay away from this one. the reception staff are indifferent. It has 5 levels and no lift and we were on level 5. It attracts a young clientele so lots of partying into the night. The beds are terrible with a metal bar pressing on your back. The toilets and showers were usually filthy. Twice I had to ask to supply toilet paper and usually no response. On our floor, the toilet/bathroom door handle had fallen off and it stayed this way for 2 days. The kitchen is filthy.
A bed in a 6 bedroom dorm was 35-75 euro, way to expensive. Its a great location by the way but there are other good hostels nearby. I think this hostel is just a money making exercise with no interest in providing good quality accommodation.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled solo
1  Thank Hainsey53
Reviewed 9 May 2012

In terms of having the craic, this is by far the best hostel I've ever stayed in. There were about 10 of us travelling through Europe and we booked online before we arrived, it was less than €10 per night.

We had a full kitchen beside our room with all the appliances you would need. The staff were extremely laid back, they pretty much hand you the keys and leave you to it. There are some computers downstairs to use the internet and another kitchen and a TV room where they show good movies. We stayed for 3 nights and it was definitely the best hostel we stayed in on the whole trip.

It's in a good location as well.

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled with friends
Reviewed 13 April 2012

I've stayed in this hostel with 3 other guys for 3 nights. The location is very nice, amazing bars and good restaurants are located in proximity and one reaches the city center by foot in 15 mintues. The rooms are not in the best condition, but perfectly ok for 10€/night, at least I've never felt uncomfortable. Nice fact: there is a free Wi-fi inside the hostel as well as some PC you can use freely to access the internet. On the ground floor you will also find a kitchen with some refrigerators you can put your stuff in (sometimes there is a mess inside the fridges), a stove, a microwave and some dishes and cultery along with some tables and couches.

Room Tip: We were 4 guys and have book a 6 bed mixed room for ca 10€/night. As we arrived there, we got a 4 be...
  • Stayed: April 2012, travelled with friends
1  Thank Stanislav S
Reviewed 6 April 2012

Great location, friendly staff, and affordable. Its hard to find a place with great customer service in Prague. I loved the basement area where they serve food. Its big and the brick walls just add a certain atmosphere. The rooms are a good size and I would come back again in a hearbeat.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled solo