“Important BED BUGS invasion”

Hostel Chili Prague
Ranked #487 of 704 Speciality Lodging in Prague
Reviewed 25 June 2013

We were staying in the Chili Hostel for few days. We went to bed right away and after being in bed for 15 min, we started to feel the bed bugs. Then we opened the light and cheked the beds....it was FULL of bugs and they were big!!! I doubt that they were not aware of the problem before giving us the room, it's almost impossible that they had no clue. For being in the bed for 15 min, I had over 60 bites all over my body. I had to buy medication and throw cloths and bags away not to take the bugs with me.
They refuse to give me my money back and pay for the medication, the only thing they did was to allow me to use the washing machine for free...

They even told me that maybe I have brought the bed bugs.

The manager was never there to deal with this face to face.

AVOID THE PLACE!!!

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled with family

Reviewed 25 June 2013

We stayed for few days at Chili Hostel and noticed that they had (a lot!) bed bugs on our first night. We were changed to another room only to find out that they had there too. They didn't handle the situation properly and almost ignore the fact that they have a mayor problem. Their response to our situation was awful! We went to horrors due their bed bugs while we were there and after our stay too. Two of us have been bitten all over and we had to do mayor cleaning to all our luggage for several days.

Save yourself from a very bad stay in this place and don't go there.

• Stayed: June 2013
Reviewed 10 June 2013

I choose to start from good things.
The position is the best characteristic of the structure. The hostel is located in a quiet little square very close to a resturant, a coffeeshop, a supermarket and a pub and is distant only 10 minutes to walk from tube and historical center.
I stayed in a private room and I found it spartan but clean. Nothing of great to advise but also nothing of bad to complain.

The services of the hostel are bad. The wifi connection is a mirage. The hall is small and furnished without logic. If you sit on the sofa you can't use your pc or smartphone because there there isn't wifi signal. If you use the common computer you need to know the czech keyboard. is absurd that in an international hostel there aren't international keyboard.
They say that they have a bar but they have 3 locked fridges, if you want something to drink you need to ask on the receptionist and the staff guy comes to open the fridge.
It's probable they ask you to pay with exact amount because they haven't the change.
I think the bad thing is the staff because I thought I will find a happy and sociable atmosphere and isn't true. The staff is serious and never smiling.
I won't return here.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 7 June 2013

I loved Chili Hostel! I stayed here for about a week and it really did make my stay!!

I made some amazing friends that I will now have for a life time! It's a really great hostel to stay!

Location was good wasn't too far for the town centre and wasn't too close. The hostel it's self is a great place too stay. They need to work on there management a little better but other than that its good.

Free computers with internet to use, kitchen, smoking room etc. Was really lovely. They have loads of information on pub crawls, tour etc. The rooms are great, I stayed in a mixed dorm of 8 and it was fine, the beds were good and the blankets were awesome!! Feathered blankets.... mm the best!!

I also stayed in a private room for two for a night which was really nice! The bed had a board the broke but im sure if we told them they would have fixed it but we were only there for one more night so it didnt matter! It's shared bathrooms but they are really clean which was great!

All in all I loved this hostel and ill definitely be going back when I visit Prague again!

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled with friends
Reviewed 3 June 2013

I booked on the Internet www.easytobook.com because it was 18 £ a twin or double room did not get any confirmation letter.Before I had to leave like two days got an email that my card is not accepted I called the chilli hostel what to do they said that I have no booking with them and should I need one to go on their web site to book so I did that as well. Got the confirmation letter it should be alright the room was now 30 £ for on night and 70£ for the second night that I have booked which is good price in a hotel as well. So arrived at the location had to find out that I have two booking for both of the nights so to solve the confusion they said the easiest to cancel is what I have booked on www.easytobook.com which where the cheaper rooms so canceled that otherwise they said have to pay for both of them. But I had a good night sleep went on to have a great 5 days in Prague canceled my second night because I found accommodation in a three star hotel which was cheaper than the second night would be.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled solo
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com
Reviewed 3 June 2013

I never write bad reviews, seriously this place deserves it, as my laptop got stolen from the storage room. When you leave your stuff in the storage room basically you are trusting the staff as they have the control of people going in and out from the storage. Staff was totally useless and when I asked for the hostel owner email, they refuse to give it out, as it seems the owner is such a busy business person that don' t receive emails directly from customers.
Avoid this place or if you stay WATCH OUT YOUR STUFF

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 24 May 2013

I was in this hostel in October 2012 and spent 2 nights there. It impressed me from the very beginning, because the entrance was in the basement, and I like such underground places. Inside all the first floor is in the red color, supporting the name “Chilli”. The personnel is very friendly and helpful. Rooms and bathrooms are very clean. The only disadvantage is the absence of an elevator. Our room was on the 5th floor and we had to drag our luggage up the stairs. But it was OK, because we’ve paid just 5 euro per person per night. In any case it’s a very nice place to stay in.

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled with friends