“Fine only if you really need a cheap place to stay”

Hostel Chili Prague
Ranked #462 of 672 Speciality Lodging in Prague
Reviewed 4 August 2014

Positive aspects: it was really cheap and close to the city centre. Plus, they give you towels and sheets, which is always a good thing when you have a maximum weight for your luggage.
Negative aspects: they made us sleep in the basement which was wet and smelled a little. One evening we decided to cook in their kitchen but it was orribly dirty, especially because the three sinks were filled with water that couldn't go down.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends
Chili452, Guest Relations Manager at Hostel Chili Prague, responded to this reviewResponded 1 September 2014

Dear Valued Guest,

We wish to thank you for your comment. I also personally want to express my regret that you did not like the basement room.

However, as sanitary is a main priority we value in our hostel we educate our guest to always clean the shared community area after use.

We completely understand the inconvenient this must have cost you and we present our sincere apologies.

There are newer reviews for Hostel Chili Prague

Reviewed 28 July 2014

i have to say that maybe its not one of the cleanest hostels in the world, but its enough to sleep but restrooms are not so good enough, Unfortunately we couldn't get space in Mandala , so Chili was our last option. Basically we spent most of the time outside so...consider if you wanna stay there

Room Tip: try to get one room in the last stage...its better if there is nobody in the stairs making noise
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled with friends
Chili452, Sales at Hostel Chili Prague, responded to this reviewResponded 12 August 2014

Dear Guest,

We thank you for your kind review . We are happy that you had a pleasant stay with us.
We look forward to welcoming you back on your trip to Prague

Chili Team

Reviewed 23 July 2014 via mobile

I had the worse moment in my trip after staying at this hostel. They have a huge bed bugs problem. I stay in 2 differents rooms and I've been bitten everywhere. Don't go there cause you will regret it.

Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends
Chili452, Sales at Hostel Chili Prague, responded to this reviewResponded 25 July 2014

Dear Pierre Luc ,

We sincerly appologize for this unfortunate incident you encountered during your stay with us. We always try to satisfy our visitors and we try to improve daily on our customer relationship services and securities.

However, as you may know our hostel is visited by thousands of visitors so we do not take our sanitary for granted. Our rooms are cleaned on a daily basis and we work closely with a professional pest control unit to eradicate any bed bug issues.

Once again our honest apologies.

Van

Reviewed 23 July 2014 via mobile

There was no hot water on our floor the whole.time but was quickly resolved when they realised
There is nkt enough facilities in the kitchen e.g. Forks etc
The location is very good
Not as bad as some reviews
make oht nut not great.
Beds are so creaky cannot sleep!

• Stayed: July 2014

Dear Megan,

We wish to thank you for your comment and we look forward to your next visit with us.

Van

Reviewed 28 June 2014

We stayed in a private room and we had an ok stay. They take a 200cz bond on arrival which we got back on departure. They provide free internet in the kitchen/dining room which was pretty slow. Staff weren't very friendly and more interested in talking to each other than assisting guests. We found it to be in a great location close to trams and lots of bars. The kitchen had everything we needed except a toaster.

Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
Chili452, Sales at Hostel Chili Prague, responded to this reviewResponded 11 September 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you for sharing your comment with us and fellow travelers. We highly regard your opinion. As we can only get better by knowing your experiences.

We always look to improve our standards in order to assure your stay a pleasant one.

Warm regards

Reviewed 27 June 2014 via mobile

Do not stay here! Worst experience I have ever had in a hostel and I have stayed in my fair share of strange and seedy places.

Second night there I realized I was getting eaten alive by bed bugs as some of the bites take a while to show. But after two days I was pretty much covered in them.

Told the man at reception that I must change rooms and that they should do my laundry for free. Then I kept coming back to see if they'd done it and it took, not exaggerating about 12 hours for them to do it and in the end my clothes were still extremely damp. By this point I had just given up and wanted to get the hell out of there.

Never seen such bad service, after everything it just seemed like I was the inconvenience.

Also even if you label your stuff in the fridge, I doubt it will be there by morning. Someone literally ripped open my bag and took a bite out of my bread haha yeah... Crazy. Did not feel safe there at all either so I lugged my pack around with me everywhere with all my valuables. Didn't trust the lockers or anything and from what I've read many a people have had things stolen.

Pay a bit more money for a better experience of Prague, this place ruined it a fair bit for me.

• Stayed: June 2014
Reviewed 14 June 2014

It had everything we needed was very comfortable and the rooms were clean. Plus it was very good value. Staff weren't friendly though which is always off-putting. 15 minute walk to Charles Bridge and heart of Prague.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends