“Not 4-star for sure”
Review of Galerie Royale

Galerie Royale
Ranked #144 of 649 Hotels in Prague
Reviewed 6 October 2013

Please avoid room B101 - common bathroom with another room, terrible noise from waste water pipes. It wakes you up.
Plus the room wall bears signs of 'some fun'..

We got another room after our complaints and it was ok (B204).
Breakfast nice, excellent staff - friendly, helpfull and willing to help.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Nada007

Reviewed 27 July 2013

Clean. Nice hotel staff. No airconditioning.
Breakfast correct, you can find a nice dish and serving.

Exactly no problems found with the hotel. But too common. Maybe the superior rooms are more adequate, but my opinion, if they have 4 stars then they need to serve all guest on the same level.

We found parking place near to the hotel. They told that the street not so secure (????? I was really corious).

You can find outside "albert" shopping mall, if you need change your euro the best possibility to buy there a chocolate bar or some water.nthey acceptneuro payment and you will get the change in krone.

Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank tgaspar-szombathely
Reviewed 16 July 2013 via mobile

We stayed at this hotel for 3 nights, although we were originally booked in at the Charles Central (2 star) around the corner. When we got to CC they told us we had been moved and were very apologetic - but we were happy, as we'd been upgraded to a 4 star! The hotel is great, rooms a little small but clean, and we only used the room to sleep anyway. Great selection at breakfast, we had been experiencing very average breakfasts earlier in our holiday so was a huge bonus. The hotel staff are lovely. The location isn't particularly central though - it is right near a metro station however. But we did a hop on hop off bus tour and took us 20 mins to walk from the hotel to the nearest stop, and 25 mins to Old Town Square. Not a big deal unless you really want to be staying in the absolute centre, I was under the impression when my travel agent booked that we were closer to Old Town Square, but it didn't bother us too much. Overall good value for money!

• Stayed: June 2013
1  Thank KelsterSA
Reviewed 11 June 2013

I stayed at the Galerie Royale hotel for two weeks during a recent visit to Prague. I could not have asked for a better experience! The staff was attentive, friendly, informative, and always willing to help. The room was clean and comfortable. The breakfast, which was included in the price of the room, was quite good, with a nice selection of cold and hot options. The hotel is located in a quiet residential neighborhood, but only a short subway stop or two from major tourist destinations. (There is a metro stop one block from the hotel.) For cost, comfort, and convenience the Galerie Royale cannot be beat. I plan to return to Prague, and when I do I will be stating there. You will not be disappointed if you do so as well.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled on business
3  Thank Robert W
Reviewed 6 April 2013

This was just a quick Easter stay. Worked quite OK for the short time, especially for the convenience of the close-by metro station but if I had to make a longer stay I would not go for this option again.
It is supposed to be a 4-star hotel but it is definetely not. Although the entrance premises looked nice and clean, our room was very small, with a mini size TV set, really worn out carpet and mattress. It was right above the main street entrance door and opposite the lift. Noisy and rather disturbing than comforting.
We had breakfast there which was OK for me but, in general, nothing special, at all. The real breakfast eaters would most likely be not be happy with the selection they would expect for a 4-star hotel.
Overall, it was quite a disappoitment beacuse of my expectations but at least, I didnt have to deal with it for long.

Room Tip: Dont take room 102
  • Stayed: March 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank Silvia R
Reviewed 4 April 2013

We spent two days in Prague at Galerie Royale and it was very good. The hotel was close to the center, just three stops away. The hotel was very nice, pleasant ambience and nice staff. The receptionist advised us with every question and was very pleasant. Although we had a room with twin beds, but it did not bother us. It was clean and the bed was very comfortable. evening we have used the hotel's coffee shop and we were happy with the assortment range and pleasant service. Breakfast was very rich and tasty, we liked much spacious atrium with mirrors.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled as a couple
4  Thank 230LindaJ
Reviewed 25 March 2013

I traveled to Prague and I booked this hotel because of the location near my office. Hotel was very nice, especially spacious atrium, which were served breakfast. The room was neat, clean, I slept very well here. The staff was professional and kind. I have received services business rooms, which include a voucher for eating in the hotel café, parking garage and office services.

• Stayed: January 2013, travelled on business