“Good value, friendly staff and close to transport”
Review of Hotel u Schnellu

Hotel u Schnellu
Ranked #327 of 647 Hotels in Prague
Reviewed 9 July 2012

Great spot easy walking distance to Praha central precinct . Trams stop right stop outside and the under ground is only 5 minute walk away.
The staff were friendly and helpful and it was very reasonablly priced. The rooms are fine and the bathroom I had was huge. There is no elevator however.

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled solo
1  Thank Peter E

Reviewed 14 June 2012

The location of the hotel is very convinient. 7 min walk from Karlov Bridge and Loretta. 5 min walk from a very beautiful garden and metro station, Petrin mountain. But the hotel is on a noisy street with trams, it's impossible to open the window at night and the rooms don't have conditioniers. In summer the room was very stuffy. The hotel justifies its 3 stars.

• Stayed: August 2011
2  Thank Larriko
Reviewed 26 May 2012

This restaurant was quite convenient for us, as we we staying at the hotel Augustine very close by. Our first choice this evening was no longer serving, it was 9:45, so we took a chance on this place, which was still fairly busy, and looked cozy. The atmosphere was nice, the service was quite good, but the food was substandard. I ordered duck from the traditional Czech menu. It was quite dried out and tasteless. The best part of the meal was the sauerkraut, which I would rather have had as my whole meal. I would recommend this place for a few beers, but not for the food.

Room Tip: This is only a restaurant review, as we did not stay in the hotel.
  • Stayed: May 2012, travelled with family
2  Thank LePickyFrog
Reviewed 4 February 2012

We visited the restaurant this January. I recommend it to everyone, who is visiting the castle, it is only a shourt stroll down the road. The food is not expensive and great. The service was suprisingly really good. The girl (little bit darker skin) who served us was really friendly, attentive and always smiled. I would like to thank her for this. We were a group of 3 girls, sitting at the very back of the restaurant. The restaurant is really old style, like the whole Prague, and has this unique experience.
I would recommend it to everyone and ask for a table at the back.

I will be back.

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled with friends
1  Thank lindabene
Reviewed 3 January 2012

We were told this restaurant offerred good czech cuisine, so we decided to give it a try on the 27th of December. Our waitress never smiled and was not at all polite. I ordered the gulash and received two slices of dumpling with a lot of ordinary flavoured gravy and a grand total of 5 peices of cubed meat (no vegetables or anything else). The meat was riddled with lumps of fat and was difficult to eat. My husband had the duck which was not tasty - it tasted old. At the end of the meal which came to 983 net (1180 with tax) we were given the bill plus a calculator with the amount we had to pay which was plus 20% for service?
I wasn't impressed and would not recommend at all.

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled with family
2  Thank lyss_seb
Reviewed 12 November 2011

So easy to walk to everything! (Plus, it's near many trams and the subway.) The restaurant on the main floor is really yummy, and the 20% discount for hotel guests is great. They have free wifi throughout the hotel (though it can be a bit slow; still, very handy). Check-in was a little strange/slow because the staff double as servers for the restaurant, but everything else was perfect! Extremely reasonable price for the location/quality. The beds were harder than I'm used to, but maybe that was a good thing--I slept very well and it was totally quiet at night. (I did not find the trams outside to be a problem.)

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled as a couple
2  Thank LondonJM
Reviewed 5 October 2011

The location of this place is great, in the castle district and only several blocks from the Charles Bridge and a short walk to Old Town. After traveling all day and checking into the hotel we were happy to find that the restaurant had delicious czech food and helpful staff. The room was clean and also very spacious. I would recommend this place to sleep or eat.

Stayed: September 2011, travelled as a couple