“A warm friendly welcome on a cold February day”
Review of Hotel u Schnellu

Hotel u Schnellu
Ranked #319 of 648 Hotels in Prague
Reviewed 2 March 2013

This is more a pub than a restaurant however we had excellent onion soup and a bowl of chips washed down by inexpensive beer. We were not pushed to buy lunch and the service was friendly. The Tripadvisor sticker in the window gave us confidence in value for money. Being in such a touristy area, this was a great place with a good atmosphere.

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 18 February 2013

I spent two nights here in February 2013. The staff was friendly, the rooms were clean. The free wifi had a strong signal and was fast. The rate included hot breakfast cooked to order and a light breakfast buffet. I'd stay there again.

Room Tip: Ask for the side street view
  • Stayed: February 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank Gregory F
Reviewed 21 September 2012

Well, I was only in their restaurant at the breakthrough August/September (big mistake! as in my restaurant review). And even though I did not use their accommodation facility. I have to share my exxperience with the others.
In my eyes it is completely unacceptable and unproffessional to speak unpolite about the guests. When I was sitting close to the "reception" (I hope they can't be serious, that this is their reception - seems like a speakers stand in the middle of entrance hall). There was a japanese couple arrived to the "hotel". Young blonde lady smiled at them and tell them to wait. Except that they were waiting for a couple of minutes, they had to challanged to a raging sweaty lady coming from somewhere and yelling at their colleagues in Czech: "Do you have to call me? Couldn't you just let those "yellow ones" check-in... Alright and what are they hassling?" In my eyes completely poor behavior. Location of this hotel is in one of the rush streets of Prague... always traffic jams, noise and exhaust gas. I can tell you about 3 other cheap hotels 100% better quality in a perimeter of 300 meters.

Room Tip: Avoid this place.
  • Stayed: September 2012, travelled solo
2  Thank MarsellusWallace
Reviewed 9 July 2012

Great spot easy walking distance to Praha central precinct . Trams stop right stop outside and the under ground is only 5 minute walk away.
The staff were friendly and helpful and it was very reasonablly priced. The rooms are fine and the bathroom I had was huge. There is no elevator however.

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled solo
1  Thank Peter E
Reviewed 14 June 2012

The location of the hotel is very convinient. 7 min walk from Karlov Bridge and Loretta. 5 min walk from a very beautiful garden and metro station, Petrin mountain. But the hotel is on a noisy street with trams, it's impossible to open the window at night and the rooms don't have conditioniers. In summer the room was very stuffy. The hotel justifies its 3 stars.

• Stayed: August 2011
2  Thank Larriko
Reviewed 26 May 2012

This restaurant was quite convenient for us, as we we staying at the hotel Augustine very close by. Our first choice this evening was no longer serving, it was 9:45, so we took a chance on this place, which was still fairly busy, and looked cozy. The atmosphere was nice, the service was quite good, but the food was substandard. I ordered duck from the traditional Czech menu. It was quite dried out and tasteless. The best part of the meal was the sauerkraut, which I would rather have had as my whole meal. I would recommend this place for a few beers, but not for the food.

Room Tip: This is only a restaurant review, as we did not stay in the hotel.
  • Stayed: May 2012, travelled with family
2  Thank LePickyFrog
Reviewed 4 February 2012

We visited the restaurant this January. I recommend it to everyone, who is visiting the castle, it is only a shourt stroll down the road. The food is not expensive and great. The service was suprisingly really good. The girl (little bit darker skin) who served us was really friendly, attentive and always smiled. I would like to thank her for this. We were a group of 3 girls, sitting at the very back of the restaurant. The restaurant is really old style, like the whole Prague, and has this unique experience.
I would recommend it to everyone and ask for a table at the back.

I will be back.