“Superb customer orientation - really outstanding”
Review of Columbo

Columbo
Ranked #364 of 649 Hotels in Prague
Zurich, Switzerland
“Superb customer orientation - really outstanding”
Reviewed 1 October 2013

We stayed at Hotel Columbo for a weekend. The hotel is a good 3 Star standard and travel to city center is very easy by tram. What really makes this place special is the service orientation of the owner and staff. The owner took over the place about 2 years ago and does everything to make his guests happy. For example, he drove us to the airport bus in his private BMW for free. You will feel that in this hotel the guest is really valued. I'm a consultant and stay in 5 star hotels regularly, but I hardly every felt that the hotel cares so much about me. Highly recommended!

• Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank JG2013123

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (3)
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
Oulu
Reviewed 12 September 2013

I made a booking via booking.com two months before the planned stay. I paid for the stay 5 days before the planned stay, just like they wanted.

When I got to hotel, owner said he has made "a big mistake" and that there is no room for me. I was amazed. The truth is I really wanted to stay there. The owner had booked four-star hotel nearby for me but it's location was worse and they had smaller score in booking.com than Columbo. After my stay on the compensatory hotel I can say that it was just ok and I find that I would have had better time in Columbo.

Because the owner had overbooked his hotel (big mistake, as he said) and I kind of suffered from it I have to give the score "poor" for Columbo. This kind of thing shouldn'n happen when I book via booking.com. I had to tell you this to make you all informed.

Room Tip: Try to even get a room..
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled solo
5 Thank Pasi L
Budapest, Hungary
Reviewed 31 May 2013

We have been in Columbo with another couple, and we have received a nice apartment with big kitchen, 2 rooms, bathroom. We could not go in the period, when we originally booked the apartment, but the owner, Mr. Kim was nice and offered us another date (we have payed in advance).
The APARTMENT was new, modern and nicely decorated, we have received a laptop with internet.
The BREAKFAST was good: 2 kind of toasts, jam, butter, salami, ham, 2 kind of cheeses, cereals, vegetables, sausages, cereals, joghurts. Only the orange juice and the coffee was ot good, but I think you can make this compromise on a 3-4 days trip.
The TRAM is very close, the center is about 3 stops away.
SERVICE: Mr. Kim was really nice, he explained how to get to the center, where to buy tickets, gave us a map, offered a restaurant.
PARKING: free in the orange and green zones (up to the hill, end of the street, marked with white line) from 6pm Friday till 8am Monday, then you can park for 7 euros at a guarded parking place 2 tramstops away.
I really recoomend this small and friendly hotel for everyone.

Room Tip: The apartment for 4 people is i another building, 50 meters from the hotel.
  • Stayed May 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank K_Nora28
Wroclaw, Wroclaw, Poland
Reviewed 29 May 2013

Small and comfortable hotel located close to the city center. I had a very nice and big room (large TV as well). Hotel is very clean, and beds are very comfortable. Manager and hotel service are hospitable and helpful. The only thing that can be improved are breakfasts. Hotel serves exactly the same things day after day.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Lukasz_Cz
Berlin, Germany
Reviewed 14 May 2013

I really enjoyed my stay at Hotel Columbo - the room was huge, clean and had everything you need. I also recommend the breakfast which was a buffet with many choices and directly in the cosy lobby of the hotel. The hotel is located in a great area from where you can explore many different parts of the city by foot. But remember - the area is quite undulating, so not the best for people with walking problems. I'd love to be back, some time soon!

• Stayed June 2012, travelled with friends
1 Thank Deborah S
Minato-ku, Tokyo, Japan
Reviewed 22 April 2013

Stayed there for 3 nights in last March, the way how the owner served us pretty much saticfied and room was confortable as well, especially high quaility of bed mattress, reasonable price including great breakfast. Also the owner knows a lot about where to go and what to do while staying Plague..... dont hesitate but book this hotel that will never disappoint you and your $$$!!
Appreciated all of the owner`s care and service....

• Stayed March 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Elvis715
Reviewed 31 December 2012 via mobile

We were very lucky to book a room in this hotel at short notice - it wasn't expensive at all, even for the New Year holiday period. About 15 min walk to the centre. Spacious rooms ( living room and bedroom!!!) with a kettle, flat screen tv, table, sofa, arm chairs. There were three English speaking channels, about 13 Czech and 5 mln German ones, so if ur German, ur very lucky ))
The staff is exceptionally friendly. We even got a bottle of champagne and chocolate from the hotel as the New Year's Eve gift which is very cute.
The breakfast was continental +, very good I should say - see the reviews earlier, too lazy to type it all.
Overall we are very pleased with our stay and can recommend this hotel, esp.to travellers on a budget.

• Stayed December 2012