“If you love beer - visit Strahov!”

The Strahov Monastic Brewery
US$395.00*
Private Tour Brevnov Monastery, Strahov Monastery And Brewery in Prague
Ranked #50 of 963 things to do in Prague
Reviewed 17 February 2011

Thank goodness I found this thread. I was so excited about trying the beer in Prague, only to be completely disappointed with a lot of it. I had one last day in Prague when I discovered this thread, and immediately set out for the brewery. It is not a far walk from the Castle District, so I would recommend touring that area then rewarding yourself with some great beer and food from the Strahov Monastic Brewery. There were a few different options to try, my favorites being the amber and wheat. It was about $2 for .25 L, but be careful as some of the beers are quite strong. Good food too. What a treasure to find!

There are newer reviews for The Strahov Monastic Brewery

Reviewed 9 January 2011

Hove of the Norbert brewery, brewing excellent light and dar beers. Not particularly cheap by Prague standards, but the beer is pretty strong, really tasty and it is certainly not a rip off (Like a certain other Prague brew-pub). The staff are really friendly, and if you are just sitting there having a beer or three, they don't hassle you for food. We usually go up the vericular railway and walk there through the park, then back down via the Castle. The food looks really good in terms of both quality and value, but we are not normally there at 'food time'.
well worth searching out.

Reviewed 28 October 2010

If you love beer and food than you must go here. Short walk from the Palace (uphill but gets your appetite and thirst up). We sat in the garden around lunch time and had no problem getting a seat. Two halls inside were not crowded either. Ordered and appetizer which was phenomenal and decided to stay for more food. Sampled all the beers and they were the best I had in Czech Republic. Comprehensive Czech menu with a lot more options than in other restaurants I experienced. Everything from the service to the bathrooms (which we frequented a lot) was well done. Beautiful setting, with interesting artifacts around to look at. Great food. Great beer. Enough said.

Reviewed 22 September 2010

For all I'd heard about Czech beer (the 'best beer in the world" from one source) I'd seen almost nothing but Pilsner Urquell at every restaurant. Being a beer snob, and having a preference for Belgians and hoppy American ambers, this place was a treat. It a little ways west of the Castle, but definitely worth an hour when you're across the river. The IPA, in particular, was terrific.

1  Thank DrGeis
Reviewed 5 August 2010

To my opinion this is one of the top restaurants in Prague. This was our third visit in the city and of course we passed by and left again satisfied. The beer perfect, homemade and very tasty. This time of the year they brew a type of red beer (sth like red Weissbier). The food excellent, all the six dishes we tasted. Try the starters with the beer-cheese served on roasted bread and the goose leaver. One of the most interesting main dishes is the roasted rabbit. Despite the high food quality, we paid only sth more than 15€ per person, with 2-3 beers each. If you find it away from the city center, combine it with a visit to the castle. Or you may use the tram 22, it stops in front of the monastery.