All reviews prague castle charles bridge mala strana quiet square old town castle view rooms are modern perfect location boutique hotel welcome drink within walking distance single room reception staff special thanks beautiful hotel small hotel beautiful room
Reviewed 18 September 2007

I ended up here by accident. I had booked the Hotel Waldstein next door and there was an error in the reservation so they put me in this hotel. I give high marks to the Waldstein desk for their response. The Three Storks is a lovely property--newly renovated and tastefully done. The service was exceptional and the staff could not have been more accommodating. The room was very nice and the hotel location was superb. However, the A/C did not seem to work terribly well and the room felt stuffy. I was only in the room for sleeping so did not ask for a change. The biggest disappointment was the breakfast which was not especially interesting and the coffee was bitter and not hot. The breakfast in Cesky Krumlov was far better. Overall, my experience was good--especially since I paid a much lower rate. They need to sort out some of the details to be really top-notch.

• Stayed: September 2007, travelled solo
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
4  Thank uskuhlmans
Reviewed 14 May 2007

We stayed at this hotel recently, and thoroughly enjoyed ourselves! From booking, arriving to leaving the staff were friendly, helpful and spoke amazing English, which put us to shame.
We stayed in probably the smallest double room, which overlooked the square outside and the castle above, which was fantastic to pull your curtains in the morning and see that! The room was amazing, everything was of the highest quality, and the bathroom within the room was great!
The location is perfect, if you like walking you can go for miles and the hotel is a brilliant base, we walked to the castle (we were a bit mad) every day, up the huge hill, and it was a relief not to have to walk back over to the old town. You are off the beaten track to a degree, but near enough not to be a problem. The trams, shops, restaurants are seconds away, and the Charles Bridge about 5 minutes, and the Old Town and square about 20.

We would highly highly recommend this place and are already planning our return!

• Stayed: May 2007, travelled as a couple
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
7  Thank lovedprague
Reviewed 8 May 2007

I stayed in this hotel for 3 nights at easter.I stayed in a single room which was very small. The cleaners came round every day and made the bed. Not once did they change the bed,clean the room or replace the soaps/shampoo.Still a nice hotel in a good location.More a good 4*. There are better 3*and 4*hotels. P.S. I spend 35-40 nights a year in hotels in Prague and have stayed in most of them.Will I be back? No

• Stayed: April 2007, travelled solo
7  Thank bourne7
Reviewed 18 February 2007

Have just returned from a 3 night stay which was absolutely fantastic. The location was perfect (not as out of the way as I had thought but no traffic noise) and the knock down rates available at the moment made it a total bargain (make sure you shop around). Our room was a deluxe double which was enormous, in the eaves and had a view of the castle. The shower was particularly good. We also looked in a standard double which was still great and bigger than the photo suggested. The hotel was quite empty so breakfast was mostly waiter service rather than the published buffet. The food was delicious with enormous portions and the staff were friendly and helpful. The buffet on Sunday morning (when there were more guests) was fab. Really can't understand why more people aren't staying there as the hotel looks even better than their published photos show. Highly recommend a stay here.

Stayed: February 2007
12  Thank Marshduck
Reviewed 23 January 2007

I'll start by saying that I doubt we could have got a better hotel in Prague for the money. The staff were extremely helpful and courteous and the service at breakfast was impeccable.

The location was spot on (just at the end of the Charles Bridge in the Lesser Quarter) and the room was large and modern. The beds were very comfortable and the shower fantastic.

Do you really need anything else? Well you got it anyway....

An LCD TV and DVD Recorder, free WIFI, underfloor heating in the bathroom, an electronic safe (large enough for a notebook), a reasonably priced mini-bar and variable heating & aircon. The lighting was impressive too with an under-bed glow, trendy adjustable power strips and some nifty bedside angle-poise lamps that gave off a purple aura in the dark (don't worry if all that sounds a bit tacky - it wasn't!)

One slight disappointment was that the hotel was empty apart from ourselves. As a result the advertised buffet breakfast became a personal waiter service (with your order being requested the night before) and the dining experience was a bit 'lonely'.

All of the staff were friendly and spoke good English and I was presented with a complimentry bottle of Czech champagne on my birthday which was a nice touch (though a request for some toilet paper was difficult to get across and I wasn't resorting to sign language!)

A minor flaw was the lack of cleaning staff. I can understand the hotel being understaffed given the absence of guests but the room was only visited by a cleaner once during our 4-night stay (though the very lovely manageress was apologetic and we were given fresh towels within 1 minute of mentioning it).

It sells itself as a 5-star hotel but that's stretching it a bit (it's more like a good-4*) but then again you're not paying 5-star money. All in all a fantastic hotel (and worth staying just for the glass lift that starts inside but goes out!) Willy Wonka eat your heart out!

Would we stay there again? Definitely! Would we recommend it to others? Without a doubt.

As for Prague, we can't wait to go back - though we'll be more wary next time (forget the well-advertised pick pockets as the main threat to your wealth - it's the 20% service charge, bread and cover fees that will get you first!) Also, don't expect two very similar looking restaurants in the same area to charge roughly the same - there can be a huge difference in prices between them. My advice would be to shop around. We found places (eg. Stara Praha in Praha 5) that did an excellent three course dinner, including a couple of beers and bottle of wine for around £20 in total, yet there were others that wanted up to £100 for the same. It's similar with the bars with some charging 20CZK for a 50cl beer but others charging 90CZK for the same 'pint'.

You pays your money.....