We booked the "Luxury Suite" room which turned out to be the attic. The room was pleasant with lots of room including a couch and 2 chairs. The king size bed was actually 2 double mattresses together on the same frame. It wasn't ideal but it worked OK. I've seen pictures of the rooms on their website, and I must say I think they have really fantastic photographers because the actual room that I got didn't seem to be as big and nice as the pictures. Don't misunderstand, the room was still great - just not as great as the pictures. I was a little disappointed in the small windows that we had in the room. Since we were in the attic we only had 3 small
"dormer" windows so even though we had a view of the castle it was tiny.
The bathroom was nice even though it had only 1 sink. The heated tile
floors were fantastic. The shower was huge and could easily have accomodated 2 people. I should also say that the hotel has an elevator but it does not go all the way to the attic. You will have to navigate a whole flight of stairs with your luggage if you stay in
the attic...and there was never an offer to help with luggage.
The breakfast was a small buffet which was nice and quite sufficient but did not change at all for the 6 nights we were there. The buffet consisted of sliced breads for toasting, rolls, and croissants. There
was a plate of sliced assorted cheeses as well as Orange Juice (not Tang). I was a little disappointed in the cereal which looked like cocoa puffs. Lastly there was a hot section which consisted of fried eggs sunny side up, scrambled eggs, bacon/sausages, peas/carrots/
It was quite a decent breakfast although probably not what I would call a five star. This place also advertises free internet - if you have your own laptop. Otherwise you can use one of their laptops for about $6 per hour. Sorry - but in this day and age a five star hotel should have at least 1 public PC available for internet access free of charge.
The location of the hotel was very nice - just beside the Wallenstein
Palace. 10 minutes walk in 1 direction brings you to the Metro Station MaloStranska (sp?) and 5 minute walk in the other direction takes you to a big intersection of trams. So it is very convenient either for walking or for catching public transport.
We asked for information on 2 separate occasions at the front desk and both times we were given incorrect information. I read where some of the hotels also sell metro/tram tickets but this one did not.
There is a restaurant in the hotel which we did not try. Based on our
experience of the breakfast and the fact that there was never anyone there for dinner we decided to try other places.
This place seems to be new and warrants a good solid 4 stars.
However, 5 stars may be pushing the limit just a bit. We got a good room rate of 119 Euro per night via Expedia so I think it was definitely worth that.
If ever in Prague again I would certainly consider staying here again. Although we seemed to end up in the Jewish district everyday for either sightseeing, eating or both. So next time I think I would also give serious consideration to staying in the Jewish district.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The luxurious 5 star boutique hotel Three Storks is located in the quiet environment of the Mala Strana (Lesser Town) under the magnificent Prague Castle. In its vicinity there are the most atractive and the most sought out monuments and restaurants in Prague. The hotel offers unique and original environment designed by AI DESIGN studio in cooperation with Eva Jiricna Architects in London. The design of the hotel respects the history of the House at Three Storks and creates a perfect harmony of the preserved Renaissance interior and the modern appearance. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travel Republic (UK), MyHotelShop, Hotels.com, Expedia, TripOnline SA, Agoda, Ebookers, LateRooms, Cancelon, Evoline ltd, 5viajes2012 S.L. and getaroom.com so you can book your Hotel Three Storks reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- House At The 3 Storks (Dum u Tri Capu)
- House At The Three Storks (Dum u Tri Capu) Hotel Prague
- Hotel At The Three Storks