All reviewsprague castlecharles bridgemala stranaquiet squareold towncastle viewrooms are modernperfect locationboutique hotelwelcome drinkwithin walking distancereception staffsingle roomspecial thanksbeautiful hotelsmall hotelbeautiful room
Reviewed 22 October 2007

We booked the "Luxury Suite" room which turned out to be the attic. The room was pleasant with lots of room including a couch and 2 chairs. The king size bed was actually 2 double mattresses together on the same frame. It wasn't ideal but it worked OK. I've seen pictures of the rooms on their website, and I must say I think they have really fantastic photographers because the actual room that I got didn't seem to be as big and nice as the pictures. Don't misunderstand, the room was still great - just not as great as the pictures. I was a little disappointed in the small windows that we had in the room. Since we were in the attic we only had 3 small
"dormer" windows so even though we had a view of the castle it was tiny.

The bathroom was nice even though it had only 1 sink. The heated tile
floors were fantastic. The shower was huge and could easily have accomodated 2 people. I should also say that the hotel has an elevator but it does not go all the way to the attic. You will have to navigate a whole flight of stairs with your luggage if you stay in
the attic...and there was never an offer to help with luggage.

The breakfast was a small buffet which was nice and quite sufficient but did not change at all for the 6 nights we were there. The buffet consisted of sliced breads for toasting, rolls, and croissants. There
was a plate of sliced assorted cheeses as well as Orange Juice (not Tang). I was a little disappointed in the cereal which looked like cocoa puffs. Lastly there was a hot section which consisted of fried eggs sunny side up, scrambled eggs, bacon/sausages, peas/carrots/
corn (???).

It was quite a decent breakfast although probably not what I would call a five star. This place also advertises free internet - if you have your own laptop. Otherwise you can use one of their laptops for about $6 per hour. Sorry - but in this day and age a five star hotel should have at least 1 public PC available for internet access free of charge.

The location of the hotel was very nice - just beside the Wallenstein
Palace. 10 minutes walk in 1 direction brings you to the Metro Station MaloStranska (sp?) and 5 minute walk in the other direction takes you to a big intersection of trams. So it is very convenient either for walking or for catching public transport.

We asked for information on 2 separate occasions at the front desk and both times we were given incorrect information. I read where some of the hotels also sell metro/tram tickets but this one did not.

There is a restaurant in the hotel which we did not try. Based on our
experience of the breakfast and the fact that there was never anyone there for dinner we decided to try other places.

This place seems to be new and warrants a good solid 4 stars.
However, 5 stars may be pushing the limit just a bit. We got a good room rate of 119 Euro per night via Expedia so I think it was definitely worth that.

If ever in Prague again I would certainly consider staying here again. Although we seemed to end up in the Jewish district everyday for either sightseeing, eating or both. So next time I think I would also give serious consideration to staying in the Jewish district.

• Stayed: October 2007, travelled as a couple
2  Thank tmynatt
Reviewed 13 October 2007

The room was lovely, quite large by European standards and large even by US standards. The room is decorated in a very modern style, that included a large plasma tv, refrigerator, free WiFi. The room had a large king size platform bed, a wonderful couch and lots of room to move around. We were quite centrally located, very close to lots of embassies. As a result there were a number of excellent restaurants to choose from close to the hotel. The castle was straight up the hill from our hotel, and the charles bridge was a quick five minute walk. While in a non-touristy area, it will still very easy to access all the sites. The staff was friendly (though there wasn't anyone to help with our bags), however there is a lift. I am quite picky about my hotels and this is one I would go to again!

• Stayed: October 2007, travelled as a couple
2  Thank levans1336
Reviewed 18 September 2007

I ended up here by accident. I had booked the Hotel Waldstein next door and there was an error in the reservation so they put me in this hotel. I give high marks to the Waldstein desk for their response. The Three Storks is a lovely property--newly renovated and tastefully done. The service was exceptional and the staff could not have been more accommodating. The room was very nice and the hotel location was superb. However, the A/C did not seem to work terribly well and the room felt stuffy. I was only in the room for sleeping so did not ask for a change. The biggest disappointment was the breakfast which was not especially interesting and the coffee was bitter and not hot. The breakfast in Cesky Krumlov was far better. Overall, my experience was good--especially since I paid a much lower rate. They need to sort out some of the details to be really top-notch.

• Stayed: September 2007, travelled solo
4  Thank uskuhlmans
Reviewed 14 May 2007

We stayed at this hotel recently, and thoroughly enjoyed ourselves! From booking, arriving to leaving the staff were friendly, helpful and spoke amazing English, which put us to shame.
We stayed in probably the smallest double room, which overlooked the square outside and the castle above, which was fantastic to pull your curtains in the morning and see that! The room was amazing, everything was of the highest quality, and the bathroom within the room was great!
The location is perfect, if you like walking you can go for miles and the hotel is a brilliant base, we walked to the castle (we were a bit mad) every day, up the huge hill, and it was a relief not to have to walk back over to the old town. You are off the beaten track to a degree, but near enough not to be a problem. The trams, shops, restaurants are seconds away, and the Charles Bridge about 5 minutes, and the Old Town and square about 20.

We would highly highly recommend this place and are already planning our return!

• Stayed: May 2007, travelled as a couple
7  Thank lovedprague
Reviewed 8 May 2007

I stayed in this hotel for 3 nights at easter.I stayed in a single room which was very small. The cleaners came round every day and made the bed. Not once did they change the bed,clean the room or replace the soaps/shampoo.Still a nice hotel in a good location.More a good 4*. There are better 3*and 4*hotels. P.S. I spend 35-40 nights a year in hotels in Prague and have stayed in most of them.Will I be back? No

• Stayed: April 2007, travelled solo