I am staying right now at the House at the Three Storks, for three nights. My room is super nice, beautiful decor and really spacious.(the collegues with whom I am travelling with are staying in rooms half the size of mine, so the sizes vary a lot) All the public areas in the hotel are really beautifull too and the breakfast is what you would expect from this standard of hotel.
The only minus is the people at reception, and it`s a quite big minus; they are not actually trustworthy. We asked them to book a table at a restaurant for 8 people at saturday night. The restaurant was full, but the guys at reception did not bother to inform us, until when we were at lobby leaving there. We then made them to help us to reserve a table in another place, in Hergetova Cihelna, which I knew is very near. Well, thery did that, but they actually insisted it is a 20 minutes walk a way, and called us two cabs. The two cabs turnes out to be not the official ones, and really the restaurant was not more than five minutes walk away. The other cab charged us 300 crowns, the other one 280 on a drive that should not be more than 50 crowns. This morning I needed cab again to get to a meeting. I was naive enough to ask their help again. The same thing happened. The taxi that arrived was not official taxi. The cab charged 350 crowns. The return trip with taxi that was called from official number 14014 was 81 crowns.
Usually the staff in hotel is there to make sure that you won`t be robbed, but it seems here is the other way. So watch out, if you stay at the hotel. I try to get in hold with the manager if I have enought time.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Luxurious design hotel is located in the very heart of the historical centre of Prague near the Charles Bridge and the Old Town as well as all other monuments. It offers a fantastic view of the Prague Castle and the Wallenstein Palace. Enjoy the harmony of the preserved renaissance interior and progressive design by the best Czech architects. All hotel rooms are equipped with unique design furniture, futurist bathrooms, air conditioning with individual controls, LCD television, DVD players with a rich choice of DVDs, high-speed WiFi Internet connection, a desk and a safe deposit. In the renowned Wallenstein pub you can engage in an unforgettable culinary experience. You can also enjoy a cup of coffee or a drink in the cosy lobby bar or the hotel's glass patio. Breakfast is served in the form of a rich hot buffet. An air-conditioned fully equipped conference room for 30 persons is available for conferences, business negotiations and presentations. A limited number of parking places is available directly in front of the hotel. The first mentions of the house, sometimes also called Altmann House or House at the Kings Magi, date back to the 14th century when, in this locality, the Augustinian Order founded the first Monasterial Brewery of St.Thomas. The only reminder of this period preserved until today is a large Gothic cellar. In the first half of the 17th century, the house was reconstructed in the Renaissance style and given the name of House at the Three Storks and a house sign embossed with three storks. Today's appearance of the facade comes from the Classicist reconstruction in 1794 and 1820, when the connection with three neighbouring buildings resulted in the current aspect of the whole house. The facade with the house sign on a stone plaque and the main portal date precisely from this period. In the 1930s, the history of the renowned Wallenstein restaurant, named after famous Czech aristocratic family and frequented by number of well-known personalities, started evolving in this house. The name of the House at the Three Storks has its implication. The stork used to be a carrier of good news and blissful home. We strongly believe that every visit to this house will comply with the Latin saying originally placed under the house sign: "Frustra mundus invidet, quando Deus providet" - "The world envies in vain, when God takes care." ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with MyHotelShop, Booking.com, TripOnline SA, Travel Republic (UK), Agoda, Expedia, Hotels.com, LateRooms, Ebookers, HotelsClick, Evoline ltd, getaroom.com, Cancelon and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your Hotel Three Storks reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- House At The 3 Storks (Dum u Tri Capu)
- House At The Three Storks (Dum u Tri Capu) Hotel Prague
- Hotel At The Three Storks