“Watch out for your wallet...”
Review of Hotel Three Storks

Hotel Three Storks
Ranked #36 of 647 Hotels in Prague
Reviewed 13 January 2008

I am staying right now at the House at the Three Storks, for three nights. My room is super nice, beautiful decor and really spacious.(the collegues with whom I am travelling with are staying in rooms half the size of mine, so the sizes vary a lot) All the public areas in the hotel are really beautifull too and the breakfast is what you would expect from this standard of hotel.
The only minus is the people at reception, and it`s a quite big minus; they are not actually trustworthy. We asked them to book a table at a restaurant for 8 people at saturday night. The restaurant was full, but the guys at reception did not bother to inform us, until when we were at lobby leaving there. We then made them to help us to reserve a table in another place, in Hergetova Cihelna, which I knew is very near. Well, thery did that, but they actually insisted it is a 20 minutes walk a way, and called us two cabs. The two cabs turnes out to be not the official ones, and really the restaurant was not more than five minutes walk away. The other cab charged us 300 crowns, the other one 280 on a drive that should not be more than 50 crowns. This morning I needed cab again to get to a meeting. I was naive enough to ask their help again. The same thing happened. The taxi that arrived was not official taxi. The cab charged 350 crowns. The return trip with taxi that was called from official number 14014 was 81 crowns.
Usually the staff in hotel is there to make sure that you won`t be robbed, but it seems here is the other way. So watch out, if you stay at the hotel. I try to get in hold with the manager if I have enought time.

• Stayed: January 2008, travelled on business
6  Thank huliFinland

Reviewed 6 December 2007

we stayed at this hotel for four nights and booked a deluxe room and were not disappointed! our room was on the first floor and was huge with a lovely bathroom and walk in wardrobe. furnishings are very contemporary and in excellent taste also spotlessly clean.the breakfast was included in the price with a good selection of hot and cold food. staff were always very pleasant.the only very small niggle was the tv channels as only two were in english, a news channel and a music channel which seemed to be stuck in the eighties! but there is a dvd player this is a very small niggle as we didnt go to prague to watch telly.i would definitely stay there again especially as we booked four nights and got one free, but beware when you book as i was quoted a price in gbp but the bill is calculated in czech koruny and this resulted in paying 55 pounds more than the quoted price. this was not the fault of the hotel but the website we booked through has not seen fit to reply to my queries regarding this. overall we had a fantastic time and i would not hesitate in recommending this hotel to anyone, the only disappointment was we were just leaving as the christmas market was being set up so if you want to be there for that book from the first of december onwards!

• Stayed: November 2007, travelled as a couple
2  Thank popsluvsprague
Reviewed 22 November 2007

We were accommodated at short notice by this hotel after a serious overbooking error at The Golden Star Hotel further up the hill. My husband, daughter and myself were very upset as it was Christmas Eve and we had arrived at 7pm to find no rooms and v unhelpful staff. We were eventually transferred by taxi (after a lot of hassle) to the brand new 5 star Three Storks Hotel and the staff couldn't have been more welcoming. We were shown our (wonderful) rooms which were beautifully fitted out with all modern equipment Iincluding state of the art en suite bathrooms. The manager on duty gave us two bottles of champage to make up for our bad start to Christmas and also accommodated us in the restaurant for dinner (the menu contained several local dishes including venison). The staff throughout our stay were absolutely great - very helpful and informative - nothing was too much trouble. In the mornings the waiter asked us what we would like and brought it - even if it was not on the menu. I thoroughly recommend this hotel - very close to St Nicholas Square and also the Charles Bridge - everything is in walking distance. And no slog up the hill as we would have had if the Golden Star had been able to accommodate us!

• Stayed: December 2006, travelled with family
3  Thank umw1
Reviewed 18 November 2007

We stayed At the Three Storks for 3 nights and are in the process of booking a return trip.

The hotel is very modern and luxurious but not without character unlike others as it is a converted brewery.

The general hotel facilities were very good and the staff were frendly and helpful. We stayed in a superior room which was every bit the same suggests. It was large and spacious with exceptional fittings including under floor heated bathroom and a good size 32" Sony LCD.
The hotel breakfast was a little basic (european) so dont expect a full english! This however is not a bad point as the hotels main restuarant more than made up for this fact. We only wish we had found this out before we went out to eat in other restuarants in the city.
Prague itself is a wonderful city and well worth visiting. The hotels location is good and within walking distance to the main attractions.

2  Thank Ros47
Reviewed 22 October 2007

We booked the "Luxury Suite" room which turned out to be the attic. The room was pleasant with lots of room including a couch and 2 chairs. The king size bed was actually 2 double mattresses together on the same frame. It wasn't ideal but it worked OK. I've seen pictures of the rooms on their website, and I must say I think they have really fantastic photographers because the actual room that I got didn't seem to be as big and nice as the pictures. Don't misunderstand, the room was still great - just not as great as the pictures. I was a little disappointed in the small windows that we had in the room. Since we were in the attic we only had 3 small
"dormer" windows so even though we had a view of the castle it was tiny.

The bathroom was nice even though it had only 1 sink. The heated tile
floors were fantastic. The shower was huge and could easily have accomodated 2 people. I should also say that the hotel has an elevator but it does not go all the way to the attic. You will have to navigate a whole flight of stairs with your luggage if you stay in
the attic...and there was never an offer to help with luggage.

The breakfast was a small buffet which was nice and quite sufficient but did not change at all for the 6 nights we were there. The buffet consisted of sliced breads for toasting, rolls, and croissants. There
was a plate of sliced assorted cheeses as well as Orange Juice (not Tang). I was a little disappointed in the cereal which looked like cocoa puffs. Lastly there was a hot section which consisted of fried eggs sunny side up, scrambled eggs, bacon/sausages, peas/carrots/
corn (???).

It was quite a decent breakfast although probably not what I would call a five star. This place also advertises free internet - if you have your own laptop. Otherwise you can use one of their laptops for about $6 per hour. Sorry - but in this day and age a five star hotel should have at least 1 public PC available for internet access free of charge.

The location of the hotel was very nice - just beside the Wallenstein
Palace. 10 minutes walk in 1 direction brings you to the Metro Station MaloStranska (sp?) and 5 minute walk in the other direction takes you to a big intersection of trams. So it is very convenient either for walking or for catching public transport.

We asked for information on 2 separate occasions at the front desk and both times we were given incorrect information. I read where some of the hotels also sell metro/tram tickets but this one did not.

There is a restaurant in the hotel which we did not try. Based on our
experience of the breakfast and the fact that there was never anyone there for dinner we decided to try other places.

This place seems to be new and warrants a good solid 4 stars.
However, 5 stars may be pushing the limit just a bit. We got a good room rate of 119 Euro per night via Expedia so I think it was definitely worth that.

If ever in Prague again I would certainly consider staying here again. Although we seemed to end up in the Jewish district everyday for either sightseeing, eating or both. So next time I think I would also give serious consideration to staying in the Jewish district.

2  Thank tmynatt
Reviewed 13 October 2007

The room was lovely, quite large by European standards and large even by US standards. The room is decorated in a very modern style, that included a large plasma tv, refrigerator, free WiFi. The room had a large king size platform bed, a wonderful couch and lots of room to move around. We were quite centrally located, very close to lots of embassies. As a result there were a number of excellent restaurants to choose from close to the hotel. The castle was straight up the hill from our hotel, and the charles bridge was a quick five minute walk. While in a non-touristy area, it will still very easy to access all the sites. The staff was friendly (though there wasn't anyone to help with our bags), however there is a lift. I am quite picky about my hotels and this is one I would go to again!

2  Thank levans1336
Reviewed 18 September 2007

I ended up here by accident. I had booked the Hotel Waldstein next door and there was an error in the reservation so they put me in this hotel. I give high marks to the Waldstein desk for their response. The Three Storks is a lovely property--newly renovated and tastefully done. The service was exceptional and the staff could not have been more accommodating. The room was very nice and the hotel location was superb. However, the A/C did not seem to work terribly well and the room felt stuffy. I was only in the room for sleeping so did not ask for a change. The biggest disappointment was the breakfast which was not especially interesting and the coffee was bitter and not hot. The breakfast in Cesky Krumlov was far better. Overall, my experience was good--especially since I paid a much lower rate. They need to sort out some of the details to be really top-notch.

• Stayed: September 2007, travelled solo