My partner and I stayed inHotel Three Storks for 4 nights from 4th-8th February. The hotel is located in a lovely area near Charles Bridge, far enough away from the city center to not be bothered by noise and with a gorgeous view of Prague castle. We were told by a tour guide that the hotel is surrounded by senate buildings; this explains the amount of police patrolling the area and added a further sense of security to a busy city. The hotel staff were friendly, inviting and very helpful. They gave directions, ideas on what to do in the city and always made sure we were okay. On entrance to the hotel, you can see how modern it appears but throughout it has very Czech-esque old fashioned stairwells, ceilings etc. Choice of glass lift to the floors or staircase. Our room was amazing! Under bed lighting, mirrors everywhere, large power shower, mini bar, free wi-fi, flat screen television, big wardrobe space and secure safe. I can not explain how happy we were with the room... so much so we spent almost an entire day there, leaving only for food! (although we were suffering after the bar crawl on the night before but even then the hotel staff gave us both asprin for our sore heads) Breakfast was perfect for us, eggs, bacon, beans, toast.... all the bits we need to set us up for the day. We would definitely recommend this hotel and would love to stay here again if given the chance! Thank you Three Storks for a remarkable birthday visit!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Luxurious design hotel is located in the very heart of the historical centre of Prague near the Charles Bridge and the Old Town as well as all other monuments. It offers a fantastic view of the Prague Castle and the Wallenstein Palace. Enjoy the harmony of the preserved renaissance interior and progressive design by the best Czech architects. All hotel rooms are equipped with unique design furniture, futurist bathrooms, air conditioning with individual controls, LCD television, DVD players with a rich choice of DVDs, high-speed WiFi Internet connection, a desk and a safe deposit. In the renowned Wallenstein pub you can engage in an unforgettable culinary experience. You can also enjoy a cup of coffee or a drink in the cosy lobby bar or the hotel's glass patio. Breakfast is served in the form of a rich hot buffet. An air-conditioned fully equipped conference room for 30 persons is available for conferences, business negotiations and presentations. A limited number of parking places is available directly in front of the hotel. The first mentions of the house, sometimes also called Altmann House or House at the Kings Magi, date back to the 14th century when, in this locality, the Augustinian Order founded the first Monasterial Brewery of St.Thomas. The only reminder of this period preserved until today is a large Gothic cellar. In the first half of the 17th century, the house was reconstructed in the Renaissance style and given the name of House at the Three Storks and a house sign embossed with three storks. Today's appearance of the facade comes from the Classicist reconstruction in 1794 and 1820, when the connection with three neighbouring buildings resulted in the current aspect of the whole house. The facade with the house sign on a stone plaque and the main portal date precisely from this period. In the 1930s, the history of the renowned Wallenstein restaurant, named after famous Czech aristocratic family and frequented by number of well-known personalities, started evolving in this house. The name of the House at the Three Storks has its implication. The stork used to be a carrier of good news and blissful home. We strongly believe that every visit to this house will comply with the Latin saying originally placed under the house sign: "Frustra mundus invidet, quando Deus providet" - "The world envies in vain, when God takes care." ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, MyHotelShop, Agoda, TripOnline SA, Travel Republic (UK), Expedia, Hotels.com, LateRooms, Ebookers, HotelsClick, Cancelon, Evoline ltd, 5viajes2012 S.L. and getaroom.com so you can book your Hotel Three Storks reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- House At The 3 Storks (Dum u Tri Capu)
- House At The Three Storks (Dum u Tri Capu) Hotel Prague
- Hotel At The Three Storks