“Great hotel - perfect location”
Review of Hotel Three Storks

Hotel Three Storks
Ranked #33 of 647 Hotels in Prague
Reviewed 1 October 2010

We spent 4 nights at The Three Storks, and we were not disappointed. The rooms were modern, spacious & clean. The reception staff were especially helpful and always willing to give advise on where to go & how to get there. The bar does close quite early which was a little disappointing. Breakfast offered a good selection of both hot & cold food. You can eat there in the evening - although we never did.

It is located very near the castle & Charles bridge. Generally this area of Prague is quiet at night - which suited us fine.

• Stayed: September 2010, travelled with friends
2  Thank koycegizladLondon

Reviewed 18 July 2010

U Tri Capu is just perfect for a holiday or a long week-end in Prague, including those with very high standards. Luxury hotel, luxury design and interiors, luxury rooms with a lot of space and great taste in decorations. And still feels like home. The best hotel by far I have ever seen and I travel quite a lot and I am pretty picky on accommodation. Feels like you are in another world, free wifi - working perfectly. We have paid 100 EUR per night for a standard room and it is worth all the money. It is definitely the place to stay in Prague.

• Stayed: July 2010, travelled as a couple
1  Thank ElaReviews
Reviewed 23 March 2010

Location:
For a first trip to Prague, I thought we really got lucky finding Dum U Tri capu. I loved the location. Two sisters and I drove to Prague for what was to be our first visit to this wonderful city. We were within walking distance of everything we wanted to see. I could have crossed the Charles Bridge 50 times a day just for the experience, but there were many more sites to see. Although the weather was hot, we walked miles and miles every day. It is a wonderful city to explore. I would love to go back and would stay in the same location again.

The House at the Three Storks is a beautiful building with lots of wide open space and light. They have done a wonderful job converting an ancient building into a modern, luxurious hotel. It was so nice to come back at the end of a long, hot walking tour of the city and enter a cool air-conditioned room with soft relaxing lighting. We didn't have wonderful views from our room but by reading others' reports, I see that they are available. Next time, I'll ask. Every detail was designed for our enjoyment, right down to the Three Storks embossed in the towels.

Staff:
We had the most wonderful experience with the friendly staff. Because we drove, our car had to be parked at another location. When we were checking out, our car was delivered to us. The young man who delivered our car was friendly and helpful. He hopped right out and started loading our bags and discouraged us from helping him. When we attempted to tip him, he told us to save our money for coffee for our drive. That was an extremely unusual experience for us! He left us with a great last impression.

Wonderful Experience:
As I'm typing this I'm listening to music by Petra Ester Kahle that I purchased there. She is the wonderful acoustic guitarist who plays on the Charles Bridge. Be sure not to miss her and the other street musicians. It's all just part of the exciting experience. This bridge is the perfect spot for taking lots of photographs. There isn't a bad angle of the city from here!

Wi-Fi:
The only thing that was not perfect was the Internet Wi-Fi connection. It wasn't a strong signal so I went down to the lobby bar and had a drink while e-mailing at night. Sometimes the signal even there was weak. I didn't go to Prague to be on my computer though so I wasn't too upset about that. I just enjoyed some perfect Czech brew and relaxed.

• Stayed: August 2009, travelled with family
1  Thank TravelingFreeWoman
Reviewed 18 February 2010

We stayed over for a snowy Saint Valentine week end. The hotel is on a little quiet square (with parliament buildings all around), right in the best baroque part of Prague (Mala Strana at the foot of the castle). Great spot to wander around the city, 300m away from Charles bridge.
We would recommend room 15 on the 1st floor with 3 windows onto the square & castle. Dinner was good, especially the venison, and breakfast was average.
The satellite TV was down, so no (bad) world news for the week-end, and the wifi signal is not very very strong. That should be fixed soon.

• Stayed: February 2010, travelled as a couple
1  Thank kprnz05
Reviewed 10 September 2009

I stayed here in the run up to my wedding and for a few days after that. A large party of family and friends were also staying here as I had recommended it to them.

The building is lovely- smartly decorated with some very spacious rooms and well equiped rooms (although the rooms do vary in size greatly). The location is also very good- just below the castle and within easy striking distance of everything in the Mala Strana and Old Town areas by foot.

On the whole my stay was good but it was let down by some of the staff who weren't always particulary cheery nor happy to help. And on checkout we were faced by what must have been the manager who tried to charge me EUR 30 per night above what had been agreed at the outset. In addition, the flowers and champagne I had arranged for my bride were sent to the wrong room....I explained this to the manager who started laughing - not exactly the response I was hoping for...

Further problems also occurred with a number of friends who had bookings in the hotel, only to be told there had been some flooding, which had affected their rooms. We hadn't noticed any flooding... it appeared to be a simple case of overbooking. They were relocated but in a far lesser quality hotel nearby so everything was fixed quickly and well, but nonetheless frustrating.

All in all this is a very good hotel but needs to get its staff and booking process in shape before it can genuinely justify its list prices and its 5* claims.

• Stayed: August 2009, travelled with family
2  Thank NickLLondon
Reviewed 6 August 2009

Stayed there with my wife for a weekend, meeting up with her sister who was travelling around Europe.

Prague is still great- if you stay away from the Old Town Square-Charles Bridge- Prague Castle axis. There still are little pubs where the best beers of Europe can be had for under a Euro per pint, and a night out doesn't break the bank.

The "U Tri Capu" provides you with a great base: a surprisingly well designed modern hotel. Okay: the single room wasn't big- but still well laid out. Our double I would have liked to take home....

• Stayed: July 2009, travelled as a couple
2  Thank HansieDub
Reviewed 16 May 2009

The hotel is beautiful, clean and in great location. Perfect

• Stayed: January 2009, travelled on business