“Brilliant stay” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #31 of 670 Hotels in Prague
Notts
“Brilliant stay”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 January 2014 via mobile

We stayed for 4 nights while the Christmas Market was on. We'd emailed the hotel directly to arrange a taxi from the airport which I think worked out less than £25.
We had also requested a double room which when we arrived had gone leaving just a twin however there was one available the following day which we did move to. We don't normally bother but with us emailing and the request confirmed we did take that option. Both rooms were a good size, lovely and clean. Loved the nespresso machine and little extras in the bathroom.
With the building being old there's lots of interesting fixtures huge ceilings huge doors couldn't fault it at all.
Breakfast had so much choice eggs, cereals, smoked salmon, fresh fruit the list was endless.
We had a rough idea where the hotel was as we've been to Prague before, just round the corner from the old square and 5 minutes from the Charles bridge.
We would definitely look at booking this hotel again we had a really lovely stay.

Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
3 Thank Stanley14

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (399)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Czech first
  • Hebrew first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 January 2014

My husband and I were celebrating our second part of our honeymoon in Prague. We stayed in Savic 3 nights for New Year's celebrations.

Since the moment we entered the hotel Mira made us feel welcomed. She was extremely friendly through our whole stay. Check in was quick and she gave us the opportunity to choose a room due to our request to be in a quiet one. We were given room 202. Tomasz was also very kind and helpful. (Both of them are great assets for the hotel)

The room was much bigger than we expected. It had high ceilings and it was spotless.There was wi-fi in the room as well an espresso machine (both complementary). The bathroom was big and had all the toiletries (even though they were not replaced a single day). The bed was just PERFECT!!

Breakfast was good and gave us the chance of having freshly made eggs every morning. The staff was attentive and polite.

We would definitely stay again in Savic because of their great staff and location!

I would not recommend their restaurant. High prices for poor quality food.

Room Tip: 202 is quiet but smells of food!
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
4 Thank AdetBarcelona
Flintshire, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 January 2014

Just back from another trip to prague and our second time at the Savic. Was worried it might not be as good this time around but it was probably better they really seemed to appreciate you going back. All the staff are friendly, rooms spotless, breakfast great, can't beat it. Will definitely be going back to the Savic in the future.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank adenvic
Gordon, Australia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 January 2014

From the moment we were greeted with a glass of sparkling and a glass of beer, to the moment we were helped into a cab to the station, the service and friendliness of everyone in this hotel could not be faulted. We were given a ‘welcome’ pack with maps and details of many concerts and tours happening at relevant times to our stay, and more importantly, directions to the nearest no-commission money changer.
There were tasty little pastries in the lobby each day, Nespresso machine and free wifi in the bedrooms, and international newspapers beside the breakfast room / restaurant.
We were given an upgrade and found ourselves in a large deluxe room with a huge bed and loads of storage space. One drawback of this room (206) was the restaurant / bar opposite that had lights shining upwards into our room. These remained on until 11pm so if you like to go to bed early, take an eye mask or ask for a different room.
The bathroom was large with lovely toiletries and a shower over the bath but the hot water took a really long time to come. It seemed a bit quicker in the evening than the morning so maybe it was dependent on peak usage.
There was a huge variety of breakfast foods including freshly cooked eggs and omelettes for no extra charge.
The hotel is so centrally located it is pretty much 10 minutes walk to everywhere.
We ate one night at the restaurant U Dominikána and found the food good but average. We felt we could have got better value for money elsewhere.
We would stay here again if visiting Prague.

Room Tip: Room 206 was opposite a restaurant / bar with lights that shone into the room until 11pm then there...
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank JWTSydney
Vancouver, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 January 2014

I thoroughly enjoyed my stay at the Savic, I stayed as a solo traveller for 3 nights. They arranged an airport pick-up which was perfect, visiting Prague for the first time. On arrival to the hotel, I was offered a welcome drink and then the receptionist showed me a map of Prague and pointed out all the local sites, as well as providing tourist brochures and a couple of restaurant discount vouchers, including one for the hotel restaurant.

I booked a standard room and it was spacious, clean and nicely decorated. The shower was fantastic, some hotels can have such weak showers!

The location was perfect. New to Prague I didn't really know where I'd be and I arrived in the evening in the dark so I wasn't sure if I would be OK to venture out on my own. I did and found it was only a couple of minutes walk to the beautiful old town square with the astronomical clock and a short walk to the Charles bridge. It's so close yet its location on a side street is a nice distance from the ever-present crowds.

Breakfast is included and is buffet style but there is also a chef on hand for freshly cooked eggs as you like. A great start to the day.

On departure I had an early start for the airport and had again arrange a car through the hotel. When I reserved it they gave me a form to request a take-out breakfast which was a very pleasant surprise. It included two sandwiches, water, fruit and a snack bar. I have never had this in any other hotel and think it is fantastic, I was very impressed.

Highly recommended, I wouldn't hesitate to stay here again.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled solo
2 Thank magsy41
Melbourne, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 January 2014

Absolutely beautiful hotel with such wonderful rooms! Great buffet breakfast also.

Excellent location within walking distance to Old Town Square/Astronomical Clock and Charles Bridge plus many more incredible locations.

Highly recommend.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank EmilyLily82
Cambridge, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 January 2014

We stayed here for 4 nights in August '13 and I am so glad that we chose to stay in this hotel! It has a great location; it's in a nice part of town and is very central (right next to Old Town Square) but at the same time, as it is situated on a side road, you can avoid walking straight into the huge tourist crowds that you otherwise find in the Old Town at that time of year.

On arrival we got a welcome drink, and whilst at first I felt that reception was a little hostile, the front desk staff did become much more friendly during our stay.

The building itself is really lovely and we found our room to be surprisingly spacious (one of the larger we have stayed in, in such a central city location). Our room (standard room) was really tastefully decorated, and whilst being sympathetic to the history of the building, the room felt really bright and clean. Cleanliness in a hotel is my absolutely priority and I had no complaints at all!

The breakfast room is really quite beautiful and we were really pleased by the breakfast selection. I usually find that breakfasts in continental hotels are a huge let down but this was definitely the best breakfast my husband and I have ever had in a city hotel in Europe. In addition to the usual cold meats, fruit and cheeses there were also waffles, pancakes and sponges. There is also a 'full english' type hot breakfast option and the staff will make omlettes for you on request with your chosen ingredients.

On our last day we had to get an early flight to Copenhagen and left the hotel around 6.30am (too early for breakfast). We hadn't really planned very well and only thought about what we would do for food about 10pm the night before. I rang down to reception to see if there was anything we might be able to get in the morning. The receptionist said it was rather late (fair enough!) but he would see what he could do. In the morning we were really surprised to find 2 full packed lunches for the 2 of us (sandwiches with a choice of filling, fruit and drinks) waiting for us on our departure. We were really touched and very grateful for it!

Would recommend this hotel to friends and family.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple