“Fantastic place”
Review of Savic Hotel

Savic Hotel
Ranked #36 of 647 Hotels in Prague
Reviewed 10 April 2009

I had a girlie weekend with 3 friends at the end of March and chose Savic due to the excellent reviews on here, its location and the reasonable price.

We arrived just before 11pm and were still treated to a glass of fantastic Bohemia Sect pink fizz. Arriving in Prague in the dark is a truly magical experience and although we were tired it was worth it for our first views to be of the fairytale lighting around the city.
After dumping our bags and being amazed at the gorgeous rooms, we went for a mooch and found a great little Italian place right near the hotel that served us pizzas and wine at around midnight!

I stayed in room 101 with one of my friends and the other two had 102 opposite. Both were lovely rooms. 102 had 3 windows and was nice and airy and a lovely temperature.

Our room 101 was a little larger but with just 1 small window overlooking a small street at the back, directly opposite a rather noisy bar which kept me awake most of the first night - I got some earplugs the next day. The room was far too hot for all 3 of the days we were there and there was no fan available to cool down the room. The bed was the most comfortable I'd ever slept in and had the noise levels and temperature have been OK I think I could have slept for England!

The bathroom was gorgeous, with L'occitane toiletries which were very luxurious. The i-pod doc and coffee machine were a great touch too.

I'd definitely go back again (if I can get hubby on a plane!) and I'd definitely recommend Savic to anyone.

• Stayed: March 2009, travelled with friends
1  Thank Cyberhell
Write a ReviewReviews (2,539)

Reviewed 10 April 2009

This hotel is a little gem in the heart of ancient Prague. Quiet, with an efficient and very friendly service. The rooms enable a welcome rest (since it is a former monastery, they are not overly decorated!) in a city full of tourists.

• Stayed: April 2009, travelled on business
1  Thank ChristiLyon
Reviewed 6 April 2009

An excellent hotel - just as everyone else has described. THE best bed / pillows EVER - I even tried to find a label on the mattress in order to buy one for home!! Felt like I was sleeping on a cloud!
Our room was overlooking a small street (I think that all the rooms would be) and as a previous reviewer mentioned - there was a bit of noise but 1) when the windows are shut you couldn't really hear the noise and 2) the bed was so comfortable that I barely registered any noise once I'd gone to sleep. With the windows shut however, I am guessing that the room might be very warm in the summer - the air conditioning wasn't especially powerful - but if it had bothered me that much I would not have hesitated to speak to the front desk - as they are so friendly and helpful.
The hotel has a lovely courtyard area where you can eat, or just sit ..... they are in the process of building a glass covering which would very nice in the summer.
The location of the hotel cannot be beaten - within walking distance of everything in the Old Town. So much choice for breakfast in the hotel restaurant and attentive staff - however we had lunch there once and the service was very very slow.
The bathroom was outstanding with one of the best showers I have ever encountered in a hotel - along with excellent free toiletries.
Prague itself is lovely - but the Old Town is definately geared around the tourist market - and everything was very expensive.
Oh ................ and we saw Barack Obama on Sunday at the Castle which was a bonus!!

• Stayed: April 2009, travelled as a couple
2  Thank AngelaMMiltonKeynes
Reviewed 6 April 2009

It is nice when you can go somewhere and it exceeds your expectation, this hotel certainly does that. We arrived around 11am and was greeted by the receptionist Viera, she looked after us by explaining that the room was not quite ready but we could leave our bags with her. She then arranged a welcome drink (sparkling wine) very nice, and proceeded to tell us about the town etc....

As Barack O'Bama was coming to town Viera explained that certain sights would not be open and it was best to see them on our arrival day, which we did. The hotel itself was beautiful, clean and had staff that most large hotels could learn from, nothing too much of a problem, I believe these values have been instilled from the owners, who are approachable, friendly and most of all happy.

We were visiting Prague for our Wedding Anniversary, the owners sent up a free bottle of sparkling wine to help us celebrate, which was gratefully received.

Once you get your bearing round the small side streets you will be pleased that you choose such a wonderful location. The hotel sits just off of the Old Town Square, where you will find all kinds of places to eat and drink.

I expected Prague to be full of Brits having fun, shall we say! But nothing could be further from the truth. The place was full of every nationality and you were surprised if you met another Brit, this was actually very nice. There are some wonderful bars (Cuban Bar), in particular, good drinks and great food.

Prague isn't the cheapest place to be in, but they have places to eat and drink to suit all tastes, just like at home you need to do some research and explore to find the best ones.

Anyway, if you want to stay in a great location, friendly atmosphere and superb hotel, look no further than the SAVIC HOTEL.

• Stayed: April 2009, travelled as a couple
2  Thank RonBigginHill
Reviewed 1 April 2009

A fantastic hotel, centrally located, and with attentive staff. Spectacular rooms in a former monastery - extremely comfortable beds, expensive toiletries in the rooms and wifi. Incredible value for money. I genuinely wouldnt even look to stay anywhere else if going back to Prague.

• Stayed: March 2009, travelled as a couple
1  Thank readybrekSurrey_UK
Reviewed 29 March 2009

I stayed here earlier this month for three nights. The room was beautifully furnished and with every facility, including an excellent coffee maker and very nice toiletries in the bathroom. The hotel is ideally situated in the old town and convenient for all the sights. The buffet breakfast is served until 10 and very good. The staff were incredibly helpful. I would happily recommend this hotel to everyone. My only caveat is that my room (102) overlooked the street and on Saturday night I hardly had any sleep because of the noise from drunk people returning from clubs etc right until the early hours! It was quiet on Friday and Sunday nights. If staying on a Saturday I therefore suggest that you ask for a room which does not overlook the street!

• Stayed: March 2009, travelled with friends
1  Thank VioletteEngland
Reviewed 28 March 2009

This hotel lives up to all its fantastic reviews. The building is gorgeous, the service on arrival was quick, efficient and friendly (including the welcome drink...), and the rooms are stunning.

We weren't huge fans of the attached restaurant - I'm not sure "nouveau cuisine" square bowls are suitable for hearty Czech goulash - but breakfast was great.

If I'm ever in Prague again, I would definitely stay here.

• Stayed: March 2009, travelled as a couple