“A wonderful hotel”
Review of Savic Hotel

Savic Hotel
Ranked #36 of 648 Hotels in Prague
Reviewed 12 December 2009

I had a wonderful time at this newly renovated and very stylish hotel right in the heart of of Prague. The room, staff and food was just fantastic! The Savic hotel is the place to stay whenever you are in Prague! A great experience in every respect.

Stayed: December 2009, travelled on business

Reviewed 11 December 2009

The Savic hotel is the most delightful hotel! I read about it on Trip Advisor, and it exceeded my expectations! My husband and I stayed there for 4 nights in January 2009, and will certainly go back if we go to Prague again. The staff were friendly, professional and always eager to help. Our room was exquisite, the furniture was impeccable, and the hotel, once a residence of a King, is located in the heart of Old Town, about a block from Old Town Sqaure. The only gripe I had was at night we could hear the people shouting from the pubs. The room does come with an iPod docking station, so could listen to our music without earphone for once! Prague was covered with snow, and it must be the most romantic city I've ever been to.

• Stayed: January 2009, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 9 December 2009

Visited Prague from the 4-7th Dec with 3 other ladies. We had originally booked a twin & a double room but our party changed & so I contacted the hotel about a week before asking if they could make it 2 twin rooms. They emailed me back fairly promptly & they also organized an airport pickup for a cost of 800crown (€30 approx) which was great.

Rooms were lovely & spacious- very comfortable beds. Great bathrooms everything you could possibly need- L'Occitane products were a nice touch. They provide proper hair dryers which was great.
There is also tea/coffee making facilities in the room which isn’t mentioned on their website (I think).
Front desk staff were really lovely & friendly- welcome drink when we arrived- map & lots of info on the city given without us even asking. All major sights pointed out & any questions we had answered.
Location of this hotel is the real seller. My room overlooked the side street which you walk down to get to the old town square (room 305). You literally walk out the hotel door head right & at the end of that little lane turn left & go up that street about 300m & you're in the square. There was a Christmas market here but it was small enough. If you go down the lane at the Bohemia Crystal shop you'll come out at Wenceslas Square in between you'll find a slightly bigger market with more of a choice- this market is actually there all year round.
Breakfast in the morning was great- good buffet selection & they also have a small menu on the table which you can order from. We also had dinner in the hotel on the first night. Food was lovely but service incredibly slow. We asked for dessert menu which was given to us but after about 30mins nobody had come back to take our order so we just got up & paid & left. It was busy & they seemed to be really short staffed!

BEWARE OF TAXI'S- is my warning. It was our last day & after getting several taxis around the city (we had an elderly lady with us so for longer walks we opted to get taxis to save her legs!) which never cost us anything over 200crown we decided after walking around Prague Castle to get a taxi from there back to the old town square. In the grounds of the castle there was 2 taxis waiting- we got into one & the driver pointed at this sheet with prices on it- he ''apparently'' told us that it was 95crown per klm or something but I took it up that he was saying it would cost 90crown & then 95 after that- so coming in roughly at about 200crown. We agreed & off we went. He dropped us off just short of the square claiming he couldn’t go any further with the traffic & then asked us for 750crown (almost €30) I tried to argue with him but he was having none of it so reluctantly we handed over the money. I know we should have agreed a price before we got in but as we had gotten a taxi up to the castle we presumed it would cost us the same!

Also- for souvenirs if you walk down the streets away from the major attractions the local shops are half the price. I really wanted a big 10piece wooden worry doll which I priced in a shop on the first day- they wanted 1800crown for it. On the second day we wandered out the hotel door & headed left down the street. I went into a shop called the Winehouse for a bottle of water & they were selling the same big dolls for 249crown so I got one for €10 instead of €70!!!!

• Stayed: December 2009, travelled with family
1  Thank happiest-on-hols
Reviewed 7 December 2009

Went to Prague for a long Weekend with my Wife, and we stayed in the Savic Hotel. The Hotel is in a great location on a side street of the Old Town Square. The rooms are just Fab and the Staff are both friendly and professional. I Would highly recommend a stay in this Hotel if you are planning a trip to Prague.

• Stayed: November 2009, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 7 December 2009

Just had a great weekend in Prague. the Hotel Savic is in a prime location for the town center. It's staff were friendly and spoke good English. The room we had was a double and was clean and comfortable. I can recommend this hotel as good value for money.
A couple of points about Prague. When eating out in restaurants, watch your bill, on both nights we ate out and experienced major problems with over charging and it was not just us as other groups were having the same problems. Be prepared for for long waits between courses as well.
If you like a bit of history and charm, I would highly recommend Prague as a great city.

• Stayed: December 2009, travelled with friends
1  Thank GYMEE12
Reviewed 1 December 2009

Savic hotel and its partner restaurant Indian Jewel are very well placed in the heart of Prague. The staff is very friendly and they will greet you very pleasantly.
The cuisine at indian jewel is excellent and the service as well. Do visit it, and get a multicultural experience! Indian atmosphere in central europe!

Must visit for a good time!

• Stayed: October 2009, travelled with friends
Reviewed 30 November 2009

The building is ancient but the hotel has been completely renovated and the amenities are superb. The Savic Hotel staff treated us with the same consideration you would expect from family. The owners have spent a vast amount of money improving the property to 4 or 5 star catagory. Located close to the center of "Old Town", it is within easy walking distance to most the points of interest. It was a remarkable experience and I can heartily recommend the hotel to anyone visiting Prague.

• Stayed: November 2009, travelled as a couple