“Modern”
Review of Hotel Ehrlich

Hotel Ehrlich
Ranked #466 of 646 Hotels in Prague
Reviewed 20 May 2014

We were a little surprised that the Hotel was not as central as we thought, our travel company said it was in the centre of Prague we wanted the centre to be within walking distance of the old square which it's not, but there is a very good transport system in Prague and very cheap too. There is a bus stop a few yards from the hotel and the tram is only a few minutes walk so it's very easy to get about, the transport goes into the night so you can stay out late. The hotel was very comfortable continental buffet breakfast the room was very clean and comfortable bed the staff were very warm and helpful. Don't be worried by the sex shop advert next door we didn't see or hear anything sleazy and we were there for four nights and in and out throughout the day and evening.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 5 May 2014

Homely hotel near from the centre. Good connection nearby. The room was clean. Staff was pleasant, the breakfast buffet was more than adequate. Only one negative - missing of the basic Czech programs on TV.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank KatkaKK
Jaroslav A, Manager at Hotel Ehrlich, responded to this reviewResponded 7 May 2014

Dear Katka,

thank you for you review. I am pleased to read that you were satisfied. I am well aware of the problem you have mentioned and we are working on it. Hopefully within couple of months we will have more rooms that offer full range of czech TV channels.

Reviewed 3 May 2014

We stayed here recently and we found the hotel to be very clean and tidy. The staff were helpful at all times and the buffet breakfasts were nice. The hotel lies outside the main tourist area of Prague which, although it meant a long walk into town, we found some lovely bars and restaurants nearby and they were much cheaper than in central Prague. Our only gripe was that the air conditioning in our room either didn't work or couldn't cope with the warm weather we were lucky to experience in Prague.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear valued traveller,

thank you for your review. I am happy to read about your satisfaction. We are trying to do our best to fulfill all your needs.

About the trouble with the aircondition, that was classic Murphy´s law. First warm days, first switching on the aircondition and something has broken down. It has been fixed already, so we are prepared for warm days to come.

Reviewed 25 March 2014

First of all some people at reception were rude ( ladies), and when you wanted to ask them something about the city they just pulled a face...Room was ok, apart from the sink in the shower which was blocked and dusty.had breathing problems while sleeping. The breakfast was really poor every day the same, bread had no taste.
At the end of our trip we ordered a taxi (belonging to the hotel) to go to the airport.it meant to be 840 ck.Taxi was 15 min late, which was ok.Then,once we were in the cap, the driver went trough another way which wasn't straight to the airport. We stopped near the centre and he asked us if it would be ok if we could just pick up 2 other passengers! He didn't even ask us before! We said No, as we had to go to the airport quickly, but he didn't care.so he picked these 2 ladies up and he drove them to another point in the centre of Prague.We wasted 25 min!! we told him ok, we are not gonna pay the full price as we could have nearly missed our flight.He said yes ok, he will remove 40 ck from the full price! which is like 1 pound!!!it was just a joke..unbelievable..

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with friends
Jaroslav A, Manager at Hotel Ehrlich, responded to this reviewResponded 28 March 2014

Dear valued traveller,

I am shocked reading your review. First of all, I would like to apologize for the company, that provides us the transportation service. I alked to the owner of this company and if another problem occures, I will replace them for more reliable one.

I am also quite disappointed to read that the ladies at the reception were rude. After I took over hotel Ehrlich as the manager, this was the first thing, I was aware of and the goal was to change it. There are new employees since January and they should b well trained.

Overall, I would like to apologize for any inconvenience and I also hope evn though there were some problems, you enjoyed yourselves while exploring the city of Prague.

Reviewed 25 March 2014

Pleasant, modern hotel. Not expensive. The room is clean. The first bed was uncomfortable, and was exchanged within hours of my request for a different one, that's very good. Staff pleasant, the breakfast buffet is more than adequate. Perhaps they've upgraded some things after the negative reviews. The only problem I've found is the somewhat varying temperature while showering.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank RetteT

Dear valued traveller,

thank you very much for your review. We are trying to do some upgrades regarding the negative reviews from past and I am more then happy to see, that some of the steps taken have paid off.

I am unfortunately aware of the water problem and I am hoping to solve it before the main tourist season.

Thank you again and I hope to see you again in hotel Ehrlich.

Reviewed 23 February 2014

I stayed 11 nights in Prague. I stayed at Hotel Ehrlich the staff was very helpful and cheerful. The rooms where very clean. The Breakfast buffet was very good. It's only a 5 minute taxi ride from Old Town. Or a 30 min walk. I really enjoyed my stay.

• Stayed: February 2014

Dear Frank,

thank you very much for your review. I hope everything went well back home and the whole team looks forward to see you in the future.

Jaroslav

Reviewed 6 January 2014

the staff was gentle but not friendly, when we ask for something they often replied with minimal and useless answers. the room was a little bit neglected and a light switch on one night table was complitly bronken. the shower temperature was not stable sometimes it switch to very hot (burning) and a minute later it switch to very cold, and again and again.. the area is not so near to the center, and is neglected too. the bus station is really near but the metro station is not safe to reach by night.

my advice for a trip in prague is: look for something nearest to the center

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple