“A real treat in Prague”

Ranked #54 of 649 Hotels in Prague
BC, anada
“A real treat in Prague”
Reviewed 9 October 2011

We stayed here for only one night, but loved our experience. Yes, the rooms are small, but the view out our French doors directly over the river more than made up for the size. And everything including the bathroom was well designed and of excellent quality. The staff was also very pleasant and helpful. We had a very good dinner in the restaurant looking out at the twinkling lights of Prague, and our breakfast the following morning was also excellent. (I was surprised that another reviewer referred to it much less enthusiastically.) We would definitely recommend this hotel.

Room Tip: Be sure to choose a riverside, not a quay-side room, on the upper level.
2 Thank Judy N

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (114)
  • Czech first
  • Greek first
Guisborough, United Kingdom
Reviewed 28 September 2011

Just returned from Prague and we thoroughly enjoyed it. The Boat Hotel Matylda was a lovely place to stay. We went to Prague to celebrate my 30th birthday. The hotel had lots of character and was well maintained. The restaurant on the boat served delicious food and the staff were very welcoming. The hotel staff were very friendly and helped us out when we couldn't get through to reserve our transfer back to the airport.

The Botel is just below a tram stop and about a 5 minute walk away from the metro which was very handy. However, you could easily walk around Prague. It was quite quiet on the boat even though it was a busy area.

The buildings in Prague are beautiful and the people are very friendly and helpful.
I couldn't fault anything with this accommodation, I was actually sad to leave but would definitely recommend here to anybody.

1 Thank gemmabarry
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 26 September 2011

I really enjoyed my stay on the botel. The staff was very friendly and helpful and the location was easy to get to by bus/metro from the airport. It is definitely within walking distance to the main tourist sights. I stayed in a single room and it was a bit small but to be honest that is exactly what I expected seeing as how I was staying on a boat. For me that was just more part of the charm of the experience. The room and bathroom were very modern and comfortable for my short stay in Prague.

• Stayed July 2011, travelled solo
2 Thank DenverGirlUK
Skelleftea, Sweden
Reviewed 20 September 2011

We booked this hotel in May after reading a lot at this site, tripadvisor and Supertravel. The hotel was exactly what we were looking for. When we arrived the staf told us that our room was indisponible (broken in some way and in need for reparements) They hade booked us to another hotel, not far from this. But i must say that i was really disapointed and couldn´t understund how it was possible when we booked this romm so early. I only regret that i didnt ask to see the room because i dont belive that it was "broken". I think that they had given our room to someone else. A really bad way to handle tourist! Thank good that the visit in Prag turned out to be so lovely when it started in such a bad way.

1 Thank Nebe61
Toronto
Reviewed 15 September 2011

We stayed at the Matylda this summer in an executive junior suite with a river view. The two boats are lovely and the view is gorgeous. My husband is very tall so I was worried the space might feel cramped for him, but there was plenty of head room. The rooms are air conditioned and nicely decorated, although by the third night our things were starting to feel a little damp from the proximity to the river and the humidity. The hot and cold breakfast included with the stay was excellent - lots of choices. Staff were very helpful. It's about a 10 minute walk to Old Town and to the Charles Bridge. The river was very quiet and peaceful at night.

We had some difficulty finding it when we first arrived as the turnoff from the main road down to the river is not well marked and since there was a lot of construction going on it was hard to get turned around and try again. We called reception and they gave us excellent directions so we found it the second time around.

We had dinner at the restaurant one night and while the setting was beautiful we thought the food was mediocre.

Definitely a unique hotel experience which I would recommend.

Room Tip: Definitely ask for a river view room
  • Stayed August 2011, travelled as a couple
Oxford, United Kingdom
Reviewed 10 September 2011

Botel Matylda was a real treat. As budget travelers we usually go for the cheapest non-student accommodation in a convenient location, but rooms in Prague were relatively cheap so for the novelty of a "botel" we decided to upgrade - at 297 euro for 3 nights it was well worth it. We reserved a river view when we booked - definitely do this - I would have been disappointed if I'd had a room on the quay-side. The rooms are tiny (as you'd expect on a boat) but cozy and comfortable, and sunlit (on the river view side). Breakfast was your typical buffet with a range of slightly average offerings, but served in a very lovely dining room on the adjoining boat, Klotylda. You can get to the hotel from the airport on public transport for about a euro (32cr) - I think it took about an hour. I bought a ticket from the public transport booth at the airport and followed the directions on the Botel Matylda website. The Karlovo metro stop is about 5-10 min walk from the Botel, and trams were super convenient to get around Prague as well. The neighborhood in the immediate vicinity of the botel feels a little worn (even with the Dancing Building located right there), but a few blocks north and east are some nice looking bars and restaurants (though we mostly ate out in other neighborhoods so can't recommend any). All-in-all would definitely recommended a stay at Matylda.

Room Tip: Definitely reserve a river view
  • Stayed August 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank punkatilla
Reviewed 29 August 2011

nice, clean and very romantic. I have no idea of how the standard rooms are made but the suit I booked was cool. A little bit expensive in my opinion but it's position is strategic, just few minutes walk from the astronomic watch square and the sensation of sleeping on the river in such a nice and confortable room is great!!!!
Also the breakfast was great.
very kind staff, the blond girl at the desk gave us all the information we needed including a map, discount card
for the botel's restaurant and also made a reservation
for the Segway guided tour of the city since we didn't know hot to do it.
The hotel also has a free parking, which should be kept in mind since all the other hotels in Prague have a
parking with a cost ranging from 20 € to 40 € per day
which is unacceptable!!for 40 € per day I want them to pamper my car as a baby!

• Stayed August 2011