Botel Matylda
Palac U Kocku(Prague)(Great Value!)
US$229
Travelocity
US$337
Official Site
  • Restaurant
All reviewsboat hotelswans and ducksfrench doorssister boatsuperior double roomtop deckold townacross the riverdancing housevltava rivertram stopspent nightsrooms are smallpublic transportbreakfast is servedby footlovely room
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 2 January 2014

It is very nice place to stay. Not so much loud and very friendly people. Kitchen is also very well. For more quiet sleaping is better stay on the boat where is not a restaurant. City center is by walk distance.

Room Tip: Better on the boat, where is not a restaurant.
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 23 December 2013

We stayed in the Superior Double Room, no need to mention, river view.
It is located in the main boat, the boat with reception, Superior is different from Standard and even more expensive Executive Double is it has a big window, which is the main reason I chose.
And it was absolutely worth of money. My visit was in early Dec, in morning, it was a layer of smoke over the river surface. Amazing! When the sun rose higher, the smoke disappeared slowly, and you were greeted by lines of ducks and swan! So lovely!
Breakfast has plenty of choices. Every morning, I enjoyed their breakfast until almost 10am. I thought they wouldn't refill some of the nearly-empty dishes, I was wrong. Service was quite attentive and the dishes got filled too!
Also, you can trust the photos on their webpage.
Last but not least, the location is great too!! just 2 subway stations away from the old town. You can get more convenient means of transport than their instructions on their webpage.
Photos updated too!

Room Tip: River view is a must!
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank kcgotravel
Reviewed 4 December 2013

Our outstanding service began when I made the reservation. I had read to book a riverside room so I made the request. Shortly I received a reply that we could for 3nights but would have to move the 4th. I was okay with that but a bit skeptical, I must admit. Too many broken promises from previous experiences in travels. However, upon arrival it was just as promised. We were given room # 8 right next to the registration desk. I was afraid it might be a bit noisy with check- ins and outs but such was not the case.

We were able to secure free parking right in front and were given a sticker to put in our windshield so there would be no question we had permission to park there. This place is such a good location we never moved the car until we were ready to leave.

Even with back problems, I did not find the walking distances to things too far.

The room has everything you need. Plenty of hot water, which I appreciated after long cold hours of sightseeing. A very comfortable bed and if you need more pillows just ask. Being winter the room also had more than adequate heating.

We decided to eat at the restaurant next door and it was excellent. In fact, we ate there three different times. Service is top notch.

Also on the food front, breakfast was excellent. The variety and quality was awesome. It was fun to eat and watch the ducks, swans, and river traffic. A very relaxing way to begin the day.

This was a good value for the quality.

Room Tip: Any on the river side strictly because of the awesome view but on dock side rooms are exactly the same.
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank karen b
Reviewed 3 December 2013

My husband booked this for our 1st night in Prague for my birthday weekend. We had reserved a table for 8.30pm prior to arriving in Prague. We were promptly taken to our booth table which had a lovely view of the river and was very romantic with the dimmed lights and candles. The waiter was on hand to tell us about the food and advise us. We ordered 3 starters to share between the 2 of us as we couldn't decide! We had the buffalo mozzarella with parma ham, rocket and dried tomatoes which was absolutely delicious and my favourite of the starters. We also had the beef tenderloin with pesto, ricotta and parmesan which was my husbands favourite. Our third starter was the salmon tartar, this out of the three was our least favourite although there was nothing wrong with it, it didn't wow us, however we still ate it all! For our main courses I had the venison special which came with the creamiest mashed potato I have ever eaten, the meat was ridiculously tender and just melted in your mouth. My husband had the lamb shank which was just as delicious and we cleared the plates! For dessert I had the pannacotta which sometimes can be very bland but this one was lovely and creamy with a nice hint of vanilla and a tasty strawberry sauce. My husband had the tiramisu which he very much enjoyed. Overall we paid £67.26 not inc a tip, for 3 starters, 2 main courses and 2 side dishes, 2 desserts, 2 beers, 2 glasses of wine and a lemonade which we thought was fantastic value especially coupled with the brilliant service and fantastic views.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 27 November 2013

All four of us in our party loved the experience of staying on a wonderful boat in Prague, in a central location close to old town and with a view of the Prague castle . We had single and double rooms on two different boats that are right next to each other. One of them houses the single rooms, it seemed, and the other the bigger ones as well as the restaurant.
The rooms had a lot of atmosphere with cherry wood paneling and a big comfortable beds with amenities you expect from a high quality hotel. After traveling throughout Eastern Europe , the welcoming rainforest shower was a real treat. The only thing I would change next time is the location of our double room ,which ended up below the restaurant's bar area and we heard noise from there until they closed the restaurant.
The staff was extremely helpful, especially the young Iranian/Czech woman at the front desk.
Our waiter at the restaurant, Mike was also exceptional . The food was of good quality , Italian,but definitely expensive.A dinner for four of us with two appetizers and main courses including beers and some liquor came to around $120.
Breakfast was good , typical continental plus eggs and meats.
Location is excellent with parking and a lot of sites are a 20-40 minutes walk.
If you are looking for a different hotel experience, this is it without sacrificing comfort and luxury.

Room Tip: Stay on the boat( Klotylda) that is the reception area and not the restaurant.
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family