Botel Matylda
Preferred Hotels
US$71
US$63
  • Restaurant
Green Garden Hotel(Prague)(Great Value!)
US$140
US$129
Priceline
US$167
TripAdvisor
  • Breakfast included
All reviewsboat hotelswans and ducksfrench doorssister boatsuperior double roomtop deckold townacross the riverdancing housevltava rivertram stopspent nightsrooms are smallpublic transportbreakfast is servedby footlovely room
Reviewed 3 January 2014

We stayed on the Klotylda boat for three nights over Christmas and we had a delightful time. Our room was below the Klotylda deck with amazing river views - you could easily reach out and feed the swans, sort of speak. We had booked the executive room, which was large enough with wooden furniture and a very powerful shower, albeit a bit dark. Breakfast was served on the Matylda boat, where the restaurant is. Not that much of a choice, but everything that was served was tasty and plentiful. Everything was of excellent quality. We appreciated the fact that the boats are located a 15minutes walk from the hustle and bustle, meaning that you can enjoy all that the city centre has to offer without bumping on the tourist parade all the time. Will be back.
Ps - the famous dancing house is located on the street above the boats. Nice to see every day!

Room Tip: Yes, river view
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 2 January 2014

It is very nice place to stay. Not so much loud and very friendly people. Kitchen is also very well. For more quiet sleaping is better stay on the boat where is not a restaurant. City center is by walk distance.

Room Tip: Better on the boat, where is not a restaurant.
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 23 December 2013

We stayed in the Superior Double Room, no need to mention, river view.
It is located in the main boat, the boat with reception, Superior is different from Standard and even more expensive Executive Double is it has a big window, which is the main reason I chose.
And it was absolutely worth of money. My visit was in early Dec, in morning, it was a layer of smoke over the river surface. Amazing! When the sun rose higher, the smoke disappeared slowly, and you were greeted by lines of ducks and swan! So lovely!
Breakfast has plenty of choices. Every morning, I enjoyed their breakfast until almost 10am. I thought they wouldn't refill some of the nearly-empty dishes, I was wrong. Service was quite attentive and the dishes got filled too!
Also, you can trust the photos on their webpage.
Last but not least, the location is great too!! just 2 subway stations away from the old town. You can get more convenient means of transport than their instructions on their webpage.
Photos updated too!

Room Tip: River view is a must!
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank kcgotravel
Reviewed 4 December 2013

Our outstanding service began when I made the reservation. I had read to book a riverside room so I made the request. Shortly I received a reply that we could for 3nights but would have to move the 4th. I was okay with that but a bit skeptical, I must admit. Too many broken promises from previous experiences in travels. However, upon arrival it was just as promised. We were given room # 8 right next to the registration desk. I was afraid it might be a bit noisy with check- ins and outs but such was not the case.

We were able to secure free parking right in front and were given a sticker to put in our windshield so there would be no question we had permission to park there. This place is such a good location we never moved the car until we were ready to leave.

Even with back problems, I did not find the walking distances to things too far.

The room has everything you need. Plenty of hot water, which I appreciated after long cold hours of sightseeing. A very comfortable bed and if you need more pillows just ask. Being winter the room also had more than adequate heating.

We decided to eat at the restaurant next door and it was excellent. In fact, we ate there three different times. Service is top notch.

Also on the food front, breakfast was excellent. The variety and quality was awesome. It was fun to eat and watch the ducks, swans, and river traffic. A very relaxing way to begin the day.

This was a good value for the quality.

Room Tip: Any on the river side strictly because of the awesome view but on dock side rooms are exactly the same.
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank karen b
Reviewed 3 December 2013

My husband booked this for our 1st night in Prague for my birthday weekend. We had reserved a table for 8.30pm prior to arriving in Prague. We were promptly taken to our booth table which had a lovely view of the river and was very romantic with the dimmed lights and candles. The waiter was on hand to tell us about the food and advise us. We ordered 3 starters to share between the 2 of us as we couldn't decide! We had the buffalo mozzarella with parma ham, rocket and dried tomatoes which was absolutely delicious and my favourite of the starters. We also had the beef tenderloin with pesto, ricotta and parmesan which was my husbands favourite. Our third starter was the salmon tartar, this out of the three was our least favourite although there was nothing wrong with it, it didn't wow us, however we still ate it all! For our main courses I had the venison special which came with the creamiest mashed potato I have ever eaten, the meat was ridiculously tender and just melted in your mouth. My husband had the lamb shank which was just as delicious and we cleared the plates! For dessert I had the pannacotta which sometimes can be very bland but this one was lovely and creamy with a nice hint of vanilla and a tasty strawberry sauce. My husband had the tiramisu which he very much enjoyed. Overall we paid £67.26 not inc a tip, for 3 starters, 2 main courses and 2 side dishes, 2 desserts, 2 beers, 2 glasses of wine and a lemonade which we thought was fantastic value especially coupled with the brilliant service and fantastic views.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple