The ICON Hotel & Lounge
Palac U Kocku(Prague)(Great Value!)
US$229
US$337
Official Site
  • Restaurant
1,420 results
All reviewsall day breakfasttrendy hotelold towndvd playerwenceslas squaregreat hotelthai massagedeluxe roomquiet side streetbreakfast is servedloved this hotelreception staffhigh ceilingscentral locationvisiting praguethe main train stationmain attractions
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 28 September 2013

I stayed here 2 nights with my daughter in September. This hotel have great location,very large,modern,clean room and very luxury and comfortable Hastens mattress.The breakfast served in the hotel´s tapas restaurant with excellent foods and friendly and nice boys!
Staff in front of the desk is very friendly,professional and helpful especially Renata and Marketa-send much much greetings to you!!!
We definitely recommended this ICON HOTEL and maybe next time.
Blanka a Lucka

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family
ZizkovskaR, Manager at The ICON Hotel & Lounge, responded to this reviewResponded 1 October 2013

Hello Blanka and Lucka,

warm greetings from me, Marketa and from the rest of our team! ...thank you so much for the lovely review!

I am really happy that you liked The ICON so much and that you enjoyed your stay! I hope that we‘ll have another opportunity to meet again in the near future,...we already miss you!!

Have a great day and take good care of you,

Reviewed 27 September 2013

very nice hotel with great location.
the sevice was perfect!!
I strongly recommend to use their taxi services.
internet was fast with very good reception on all floors.
very cool bar/pub inside the hotel.
the only reason this hotel didnt get 5 stars is because they dont change the towels and sheets every day (!?).

Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple

Hi there asher a,

Thank you very much for your nice review, much appreciated!

We change bed linen regularly and when it comes to towels the frequency is actually regulated by each guest individually - we always change towels when guests leaves them on the floor (as recommended on the accompanying towel tag). This way we can follow our guest’s needs and protect environment at the same time. We believe that it’s important to limit the negative impact on environment.

I am very happy to know that you liked The ICON for its great location, perfect service, fast internet connection and our cool tapas bar “ROOM”.

I hope to welcome you in The ICON again in the future!

Many greetings from the entire Iconic team,

Reviewed 25 September 2013

I visited Prague with my husband for 3 nights in September and stayed at the ICON hotel.

When we checked in to our junior suite, we were told that our bed is equipped with the most expensive mattress in the world - the Hastens mattress. But when we slept on it, it slumps in the middle and it wasn't exactly that comfortable.

Also, the upkeep / maintenance of the hotel can be improved - there are peeled paints here and there and the purple window gauze really isn't that appealing to me.

Besides the above, I think the rest of the hotel is fine. Location is pretty good, staff is helpful and friendly, the hotel breakfast (the cooked part) is well prepared.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
ZizkovskaR, Manager at The ICON Hotel & Lounge, responded to this reviewResponded 27 September 2013

Hello Hedonist97,

Thank you very much for taking the time to write us a feedback!

First experience of our luxury Hästens bed may be unique and different from usual hotel beds. I feel really sorry that it did not meet your expectations! Just for accuracy, bed frame and top mattress are both made by Hästens and Junior Suites are equipped with Hästens „Superia“ which are even more superior to Classic Hästens.

I'm happy to know you liked The ICON with its central location, well-cooked breakfast and last but not least the friendly and helpful Icon team!

Your remarks about the upkeep were well pinpointed - correction of the paint on the wall is already scheduled! Maintenance is our daily procedure, and we all will probably agree that some things are done over and over again :)

Thank you again and hope you‘ve enjoyed last days of the summer!

Warm greetings from Prague and happy travelling,

Reviewed 17 September 2013

Staff were very friendly and helpful with great english - they gave clear advice on how to get around and also helped book my tour to Cesky Krumlov. Rooms were very large, bathrooms big too. Pity there weren't more english tv channels except for CNN and BBC but...this is Prague I guess. Great location - only a block or so from Wencelas Square. Would stay again next time.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled solo
ZizkovskaR, Manager at The ICON Hotel & Lounge, responded to this reviewResponded 20 September 2013

Dear Guest,

I‘m glad that you had a pleasurable stay in The ICON and great experiences with the Icon team :) We love to share tips and advices on how to get around – Prague is such a beautiful city!

Thank you for your remark about english TV channels, I will investigate what are the possibilities of extending the choice. At present time a wide selection of free DVDs in english language is available at the front desk for all movie fans.

Hope to see you again soon in The ICON!

Resident Manager

Reviewed 10 September 2013

I prefer to write directly in English, instead of having my review translated in Englsih
It's the fourth time, I come in the Icon hotel, and I've already planned to come back in few weeks. I have a tight schedule all the day. What I like in the hotel, is that the staff takes care of everything, you just focus on the goal of your visit in Prague.
To show the great attitude of the staff, I'll take one example.

I met a lovely czech girl in Prague ( who speaks english). She had her birthday the same week, and she wanted to celebrate it with me. She told me that 30 hours before.I was really in hurry, busy all the day, and had no idea how to handle it. So I asked some advices to the girl at the reception. In fact, I needed a crash course on 'czech-girls psychology' and was too shy to ask clearly for that, but the receptionnist perfectly understood. It was around midnight, she gave me some idea 'don't forget the flowers!'. All the day, between two meetings, I went to the shops the staff recommended me, and they're all in the quarter, at five minutes by walk.

I went to Svezotor in a passage ' the best cake of Prague' and bought a birthday cake. The shop was very crowded, it proves to their reputation. Then I purchased a bottle of champagne ( you have a shop in front of the hotel, or you can buy one in the bar); the guy in the bar put everything in the fridge of the hotel. For the flowers, another girl at the reception gave me a special fidelity card to get a discount. Veronika at the flowers shop ("Belles Fleurs') made me buy the most beautiful (and expensive) flowers because, you know, you're never rational for this kind of stuff, so I was glad to have the fidelity card of the hotel.

Last and not least, the receptionists trained me all the evening to pronounce accurately 'happy birthday' in czech. My girlfriend understood what I said right away. I was so relieved! It was a team work. We ended up in my room, drinking some champagne. The housekeeping girls had put additional pillows and towels. And if you forgot the condoms, you've always near the minibar a (small) packet of condoms classic from the brand Durex.

All the staff is really friendly : the blond girl who cleans the front door the morning very discreet, the brunette always in a good mood and her colleagues who clean the rooms, a brunette at the reception playful, one other (blond) quite reserved (and wiser?) who gives always good advices, the waiter of the bar who always smiles at me when he sees me accompanied with a girl ( not always the same for my 4 trips) and so on... The supervisor of the housekeeping girls seemed was a little bit strict, when I saw her with the others girls cleaning the rooms, it's a part of her job. And when I saw her once in the elevator, she was more relax,she teached me one word in czech : 'taki'. You say
-Yak se mate?( how are you?)
- Mam dobry. Taki?( Fine and you) ; and you reply :
-TAKI!!!! (So do I).
I've chosen these various examples to show that the staff is casual, takes it easy and at the same time, whatever you need, they are here for you, at anytime.

I really like my room but I cannot disclose the room number because I'll come back and want to be sure to have 'my' room. For the great location, I confirm the others reviews.

To conclude, here are few tips :

- Never change money in the street, the moron will give you (fake) money from Bulgaria, even in the early morning at 9 AM, they're already 'working in Wenceslas Square. Ignore the girls (maybe honest ) who propose massage in Vodicakova Street, it's overpriced. In the airport, don't change money : the rate is terrible, if you need few cash, use the ATM at the right when you go outside the controlled area, in the terminal 2. I always go in alfaprague(point)cz, to exchange money, the one near the hotel,( three minutes by walk), Na Prikopje 23. Check the rate by yourself on the website.

- For the guys, don't go to any club in Wenceslas Square ( Darling cabaret, Atlas) or Gym Club near the bridge ( each time I visit the bridge the guys proposed me to have a look, I try to stay polite, because everyone needs to earn his life, but the scam is so ridiculous, it's difficult not to laugh) . Never (NEVER) talk to a real street girl or a fake prostitute-and-real pickpocket. The RedHouse, the Neon Club and the SweetParadize are not scam but for what you get, it's far too expensive. AAA exclusive club is ok, more or less, it may be the only one. Don't google 'escort', you will have a terrible, overpriced girl. Never follow the advices of a taxi driver, even in the morning a taxi driver from AAA taxi showed me an advertisement for a boring club. Never follow a driver 'to a better place' when frustrated, you get out a tourist-club : your friends will never see you again. My advice : check the three 'tripadvisor for girls' in czech and enough clear with the automatic translation.

- Even if you're drunk , you'll find go back easily to the Icon Hotel. The way is a piece of cake. If you choose an another hotel, don't do like a tourist I helped one night. Near Flora, at 4 AM in the night, I saw a drunk guy with only a t-shirt. He asked me where is the burger shop. I tought he was hungry, but in fact, he didn't know the street of his hotel ( one of her friend told him the name, he didn't understood the spelling and didn't write it, her friend has told him only : go to the burger shop then it's the next block) and the guy didn't remembered the name of his hotel (plus one ???). So he said to me the name of the street 'near' his hotel,with a weird pronunciation, and it was really a miracle, I understood the name of the street because knew the burger shop and could help him. So when you go out, take the card of the hotel with you!
At night, it's really cold in Prague, even in August.

Have fun in Prague and maybe at the Icon Hotel!

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled on business
ZizkovskaR, Manager at The ICON Hotel & Lounge, responded to this reviewResponded 21 September 2013

Hello gaussian_chaos!

Jak se mate (how are you)? ;)

Thank you so much for sharing your nice review, we really appreciate it! Every one of the team was happy to find its own part in the story. You've expressed so well our “casual & always ready to help” style and it’s a pleasure for us that The ICON became the only place where you stay when travelling to Prague!

Warm regards from the entire team! (and we are looking forward to see you very soon again)

Resident Manager