“Offers an enjoyable stay.”

The ICON Hotel & Lounge
Ranked #45 of 648 Hotels in Prague
Reviewed 21 October 2013

I stayed at ICON when concluding a business trip.

The lobby is very informal and quite small. It gets crowed when several guests arrive at the same time. Although the staff processes everything fast and efficient in a friendly manner.

There is an Asian themed spa for those who might be interested in such things.

The rooms are clean and very comfortable. They have a complementary bottle of water (mineral & sparkling). The Hästens beds are great. There is a fast internet connection in the room (WiFi) as well. Breakfast is very tasty. A few things are even cooked to order (such as pancakes, eggs, etc.).

Some minor issues:
- A rather limited amount of TV-channels.
- The adjacent street can be noisy and the noise reaches the room, but it’s nothing some earplugs won’t solve.
- The temperature in the room was too warm for my liking, but you can alter that fairly easily (although it takes some time before it takes effect).

All in all: it is quite a pricey hotel, but it maintains high standards. I wouldn’t mind staying here again in the future.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business
3  Thank Raptyr
ZizkovskaR, Manager at The ICON Hotel & Lounge, responded to this reviewResponded 4 November 2013

Hello Raptyr,

Thank you for your review and high rating!!:) It’s very motivating that you appreciated so many things and your insights helps us to maintain and constantly develop our high standards.
I will be very happy if you come again in the future. Prices within the year may vary, so please feel free to let me know in advance before you plan another trip ;)

Have a great day!
renata@iconhotel.eu

Reviewed 13 October 2013

Argentine Tapas Fare. Lunch Special. Soup Of The Day. Drink Of Your Choice. Tapas I Had. Chicken with Garlic. Spanish Potato Tortilla. Desert or Coffee To Finish. Like the Room Decor. Black Chair,s. Good Food & Service. Excellent Value. Fine Argentine Chef Led Venue.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled solo
ZizkovskaR, Manager at The ICON Hotel & Lounge, responded to this reviewResponded 16 October 2013

Hi there DOMYNO,

Thank you for your review, I am happy that you’ve enjoyed all flavors in our ROOM tapas bar :) Please, feel free to come again, we are looking forward!

Have a great day!

Reviewed 12 October 2013

Stayed here for one night before flying back home. The location is good, just off the Wenceslas square. We were greeted warmly and shown around our room. We got upgraded because we booked direct, and given a complimentary certificate for 2 drinks at the adjacent bar. The room was very nice and clean, and the bathroom was fabulous - spacious and with a large tub. The wifi worked great, we had no issues. We should not have asked for a street view room as it was quite noisy at night (there are a number of bars and clubs in the area). The breakfast was at the bar next door, and honestly it was nothing special. We've had better. It is also a bit uncomfortable that the servers have to come around and ask your room number. I'm guessing the bar is not part of the hotel, so they have to check everyone. Overall though, the hotel left a good impression and the staff was very nice.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family

Hello Rizhaya,

Thank you for your review, I appreciate it a lot :)
I would like to clarify that breakfast is served in our own restaurant called „ROOM“, which is an integral part of The ICON hotel.

I feel sorry that you were uncomfortable when asked for your room number at the breakfast. We do not want to disturb our guests without any good reason, but we have standard procedures that help us to be more efficient in operations :)

I am really glad that you‘ve enjoyed your free upgrade into a room with fabulous bathroom!! And I am happy that The ICON left good impression in your memory!

Have a beautiful day and I wish you great adventures when travelling!

Reviewed 11 October 2013

This was one of the best check-in experiences of my life. They were so friendly and welcoming. And took the time to make us acquainted with the city so that we could get right to our sightseeing when we were ready. Every time we came back, they smiled and took the time to ask us how our trip was going. And it didn't feel rehearsed or forced. We genuinely felt like these folks cared about ensuring we enjoyed our stay. I wish I could remember the name of the woman who checked us in for a special shout out, but it escapes me.

Our room was great. Modern and spacious. But didn't spend too much time there, so won't dwell on it too much. We did, however, spend some time drinking the amazing sangria they make at the tapas bar adjacent to the lobby. The bartender was great and chatted with us a lot. He's a keeper, ICON!

Oh and the location is perfect. Just a 5-10 minute walk from everything (though I think most of prague is a quick walk), but you're just outside of the craziness of old town, which we preferred.

If I'm ever back in Prague, this is where I'll be staying again.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
ZizkovskaR, Manager at The ICON Hotel & Lounge, responded to this reviewResponded 15 October 2013

Hi Lee D,

Thank you for the very positive feedback on the check-in experience, caring team at the front desk, good location, modern room and on our cool „ROOM“ tapas bar! It’s great to know that our services are appreciated so much, thank you!!

Many greetings from all of us and a special „Hi“ from Juan & his ROOM tapas bar crew, they do their Sangria with big enthusiasm, which is one of the important ingredients ;)

Have a great day Lee D, ...and hope to welcome you in The ICON someday again!

Reviewed 7 October 2013

It was the second time we stayed in ICON and everything was just perfect! We stayed for 4 nights. The stuff is very helpful and responsive, nice young guys were just great! Very clean, well designed floors and rooms, very comfortable beds. Breakfasts are good - fresh fruits and yogurts every day, hot things for your choice, coffee, tea and everything you need to have a good delicious breakfast. Thai massage in their spa was awesome (not included). Location is perfect. 3 minutes from Vaclav Square and 10 minutes walking to the Old Tower Square. Close to metro and trams. We will definitely stay in this hotel next time!

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
ZizkovskaR, Manager at The ICON Hotel & Lounge, responded to this reviewResponded 9 October 2013

Hello Nadya T,

Thank you so much for your lovely review!
That is really great that you stayed with us for second time and for sure we are looking forward to welcome you in The ICON next time!!
I am also very happy that you appreciate so many things such as location, responsive staff, comfy beds, breakfast, Thai spa...:)

Warm greetings from me and from the entire Iconic team (and see you soon again!),

Reviewed 6 October 2013

The Hotel Icon in Prague was one of the best of our trip to several countries. The beds were so comfortable. We were immediately met by Lucas who was so friendly and welcoming. The Tapas Bar and cafe are excellent. A big thank you to all the staff at the Icon and especially Lucas and Renata who helped make our stay in Prague a very happy one. This Hotel was fantastic. This is my first review on Trip Advisor but just wanted people to know how good the Icon is. Great location also. Thanks Lucas and Renata and all the staff. Jo and Peter.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family

Dear Jo & Peter,

Thank you for such a wonderful feedback, it really made our day!
I am very pleased that you liked so many things about The ICON and that we helped your stay in Prague to be a very happy one. That is very important for us! I hope you will come back again someday in the future!

Many greetings from me & Lukas (and also from the rest of the staff),…we all wish you happy travels all around the world!! :)

Reviewed 30 September 2013

I guess I should have done more research. Found out on arrival that this hotel is not part of the Icon hotel company so the hotel did not have to meet any hotel chain "standards." It was not in a great area of town, long walk to Old Town, rooms were stark and the hallways cold and dreary. They did have a nice continental breakfast included every day and there was a very strange lounge open at night. They did have a spa which was very nice and I did take advantage of that. Although the reception staff was very helpful, I would not recommend this hotel for the $$.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Lynne S
ZizkovskaR, Manager at The ICON Hotel & Lounge, responded to this reviewResponded 4 October 2013

Hello Lynne S,

Thank you for sharing your feedback with us!

We are located in a quiet street of the New Town, which is an important area of the city center, just a block from Wenceslas square and in 10min walking distance from the Old town square. We are happy that our neighborhood is full of shops, cafés, monuments (e.g. National Museum) and night life possibilities. I am really sorry that you expected something else, but I am really glad that our breakfast, Thai spa and helpful reception staff have met your expectations!!!

Happy travelling and many greetings from Prague,