“Great trip to Prague”

Ranked #49 of 649 Hotels in Prague
St Ives, United Kingdom
“Great trip to Prague”
Reviewed 12 August 2014

The icon hotel was brilliantly situated just off Wenceslas square so was very central when on foot. The staff were all young and friendly and couldn't be more helpful with restaurant recommendations and travel advice. Breakfast was served with a smile and was also very good. The rooms we had were excellent with great air con during a particularly hot spell. There was A bit of good humoured noise on sat night from the bar next door but not enough to worry us. The tapas in the hotel was great too. Only shame was we didn't get a chance to have a Thai massage! I'd definitely recommend this hotel the only negative was the very dodgy art work!

• Stayed August 2014, travelled with friends
ZizkovskaR, Resident Manager at The ICON Hotel & Lounge, responded to this review, 13 August 2014
Hello Ali T,

Thank you for your positive feedback, I appreciate a lot that you share it with us!

I am happy that you had great time in Prague and that you liked location of The ICON, good breakfast & friendly staff…! Art and the impression it awakes in people is often subject of debates. That is also why we love art that much! Let's see what will be the next exhibition, maybe it will be something you would love :)

I wish you a beautiful summer time, Ali T!

Warm greetings from me & the entire Icon team,
Renata

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (109)
  • Greek first
  • Hebrew first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Italy
Reviewed 7 August 2014

I have to travel to Prague for business reasons and I am grateful that my assistant booked Icon for me this time. This place is an oasis for a solo traveller like me! Relaxed, attentive staff will make your stay as smooth as you need. I got plenty of attention when I needed help and listening ear. I had crystal clean and big room, enjoyed the breakfast (eggs and pancakes are cooked on order, so it’s always fresh!), Wi-Fi is fast and free of charge! The area around the hotel is full of shops, cafes, but I usually spend lots of time inside the hotel. There is a lobby in a lounge style with sofas and armchairs, with chill out music. Very comfy indeed!

You can walk easily everywhere, however public transportation is within walking distance.

I wish I had time to enjoy the massages, hopefully next time. And you can bet I will return!

Thank you Icon and see you soon!

• Stayed August 2014, travelled on business
ZizkovskaR, Resident Manager at The ICON Hotel & Lounge, responded to this review, 12 August 2014
Hello Teresa,

Thank you so much for your wonderful review!

I am happy to know that you loved so many things about The ICON and that the Iconic team helped you to feel relaxed and pampered!
We already miss you here, so it’s a great pleasure to know that you will return!
I will book the massage for you in advance next time, …you deserve it!

Have a beautiful summer and see you soon in Prague again!
Renata
Lafayette, Louisiana, Usa
Reviewed 5 August 2014

This was my family's first trip to Prague. Because there were four of us, we decided to get two adjoining rooms. We were extremely happy with not only the rooms but the staff as well. The staff always seemed to wear smiles and no question or request was too much for any one of them. Breakfast was included in our four night stay. Breakfast can be eaten anytime and included hot food items you can individually request. The hotel is located in the old town and this makes it easy to get around to see all of the sites.

We definitely want to return to Prague and will do our best to get a reservation at The Icon. I hope the same staff will be there because that in itself was part of our enjoyment of Prague.

Room Tip: We had a king room and a double. The double was larger and was a corner room #304.
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
ZizkovskaR, Resident Manager at The ICON Hotel & Lounge, responded to this review, 6 August 2014
Dear Christine,

Thank you for taking the time to write such a nice review!

I am glad you were happy with our all-day breakfast and enjoyed the convenience of adjoining rooms. I also appreciate your satisfaction with our staff and will definitely convey all your kind words to each of them.

That was a great pleasure for us to accommodate you and your lovely family! We are looking forward to seeing you in Prague and to welcoming you to our hotel again.

Warm regards,

Renata Žižkovská
Resident Manager
Germany
Reviewed 30 July 2014

Location of this hotel is perfect – monuments, shopping areas, public transportation, nightlife, parks…pretty much everything you can imagine is just outside the building. Prague Castle is approx 30min away and you get there through the historical and lively part of the city, so it’s a beautiful and easy walk.

We‘ve slept in a room with back yard view and we‘ve enjoyed quiet night sleep. Bed was big and comfortable like I haven‘t experienced before. It’s Hästens production, so you kind of know why do you sleep so well.. Breakfast is available till late, so you can také your time, no rush here!

I took thai and foot massage in the spa located in the hotel and it was perfect, I could have this treatment every day.

The hotel staff was great and fun to talk to, they gave us lots of useful information about the city and answered all our questions perfectly. We got also some extras for free (discounts, welcome drink, late check-out) as we booked directly through the hotel website. It was very relaxing weekend!

I can recommend the Icon to everyone!

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Petvonlicht
Dear Petvonlicht,

Thank you for your nice words and for sharing your review with other travelers!

I am really glad you were able to explore wonderful Prague in convenience of the central location of our hotel and using recommendations from our staff.
I also know how important it is to have a nice rest and a good sleep during traveling, so I'm very proud you were happy with handmade Hästens beds and took pleasure to relax in ZEN wellness.

I hope to see you once again and wish you a nice summer.

With best regards from me & from the entire ICONic team,

Renata Zizkovska
Maidenhead, United Kingdom
Reviewed 25 July 2014 via mobile

Stylish relaxed hotel in side street close to Wenslas Sq. Spacious room, friendly staff and great value. Great touches like all day breakfast, no hassle free wi-fi, 12 noon checkout. Enjoyed an excellent 'Footjoy' Thai style massage which was just the ticket after a day's sightseeing.

Stayed July 2014, travelled solo
ZizkovskaR, Resident Manager at The ICON Hotel & Lounge, responded to this review, 7 August 2014
Dear Anne,

Thank you for sharing your experience with us and TripAdvisor users!

Such a pleasure to read your nice review! I am truly happy that you have noticed and enjoyed all the small things which make our hotel exceptional among others.

I hope you will be back to Prague and stay with us again!

Many greetings from the entire Icon team,
Renata Zizkovska
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 19 July 2014

My friend and I stayed here for 6 nights while in Prague and were very pleased with our choice. It was in a good location, had a funky vibe, comfy beds (twin rooms) and good shower, was kept very clean, had a good breakfast, and the young staff were full of excellent ideas of where to go out to in the evenings for dinner, or just for a walk along the river and a drink. They were also very helpful in making bookings for us which led to a very hassle free visit.
I would stay here again.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with friends
Praga
Reviewed 17 July 2014

We stayed at this hotel for 5 nights. The location is great, it was easy to walk to all sightseeing spots, to use public transportation and close to restaurants and bars.
It was very hot during our stay and the air conditioning in our room wasn't good enough to keep our room cool. The manager of the hotel called maintaince twice, but it was still hot inside.
The rooms were big and clean.

• Stayed July 2014