“Icon Boutique Hotel really raises the bar”

The ICON Hotel & Lounge
Ranked #45 of 647 Hotels in Prague
Reviewed 25 May 2009

This was my first stay in Prague for a really long time and partially thanks to the fantastic Icon Boutique Hotel it was a good one. I travel a fair bit for work and I wished that this would be the de facto standard for night out of town stays.
The hotel does an excellent job in ticking all the right boxes by learning from their guests. The reception is friendly and personal yet very efficient. The room I stayed in was clean, very well equipped including the high tech gadgets and was very quiet. The beds deserve a special mention as they're simply spectacular - just for these alone I would come back!

The location of the hotel is good: walking distance to the old town centre and metro, but taxi's have no problem getting there. Maybe, the hotel tries to be a cool, funky place - and it quite well deserves that title - but I recommend it highly because of its overall standard, its friendly staff and its warm and friendly feel.

• Stayed: May 2009, travelled on business

Reviewed 15 May 2009

We stayed here for two nights this past week. From the moment I called the hotel to get the best transportation options I was impressed with the genuine care for one of their guests. BTW, take a AAA cab when in Prague, it will prevent you from getting ripped off no matter where you are. Anyways, the hotel doesn't have a huge sign outside but you'll know you're there when you see the swanky lounge and beautiful people through the glass windows. My friend and I need to add a night to our stay and Dean was awesome, he got us the same room for two nights even though we booked for one. The rooms is great, nice beds, TV, windows that open all the way. Great! The only downside is the shower has the new designed shower door which is 1/4 the size of the tub. I don't like this, but the shower was great otherwise. Also, the air conditioning needs to be on for a long time to cool off the room. It's not like hotels in the U.S. where it will cool off in 20 minutes.
We needed assistance finding the hot spots, especially on a Sunday and Monday night. Dean did another great job, we found exactly what we were looking for and couldn't have been happier! Overall, it's close to most things, but still a 10 minute walk from the Astrological Clock, the new AMAZING Hard Rock Cafe and the main square. However, there are bars on your way to the main square and a great shopping area as well.
HIGHLY RECOMMENDED and WILL COME BACK! Service and Accomodations that were welcoming from the start!

• Stayed: May 2009, travelled with friends
1  Thank DrummerGelly
Reviewed 13 May 2009

It was the best part of my stay at Prague. It attracts from beginning to the end. The rooms are clean and elegant. The desing seems unique and simple. It makes you feel the serenity. And also comfort is not forgotten. Since my favourite color is purple, combining with the comfort of the bed, it was the best sleep of my trip. But the most impressive thing was the warm involvement of the stuff. Thanks especially to Dean and Veronica.
It is certainly a place that I can recommend. Do not even look at other hotels, you can definitely stay here! Go and open the door of heaven! :)

• Stayed: May 2009, travelled with friends
1  Thank NihanY
Reviewed 13 May 2009

Ok, let me start off by saying i'm a hotel snob and not easily impressed!

However, as you can see from the ratings i have given the Icon Hotel. Everything in the room was perfect: modern, clean, prestine condition, large/deep bath, well lit and large enough to fit all my girlfriends essentials in ;) !!

Touches like wifi and mp3 connections were added bonuses which added to our enjoyment during our stay.

I'm trying to think of any negative but i can't!

Finally, there were some very considered and thoughtful touches from the staff(who were always smiley and helpful) who obviously appreciated the importance of web reviews such as this one in order to build up/ maintain the reputation of the hotel.

I would 100% stay here again on business or pleasure :)

• Stayed: May 2009, travelled as a couple
1  Thank GeekyJedi
Reviewed 9 May 2009

The ICON beds were as good as promised and this alone made the stay enjoyable. What I had not expected was the very good restaurant menu - not too extensive but the quality was perfect for those without need for the "Chech cuisine." The breakfast was tremendous and evening meals, along with generous glasses of wine, would be difficult to top in the area. Prices for meals was exceptional, perhaps due to the weaked local currency, but still quite a value. The staff were also extremely friendly, helpful, and anxious to please. Highly recommended.

• Stayed: April 2009, travelled with friends
Reviewed 8 May 2009

Love the place. The staff is very friendly and helpful. The room is spacious and clean. The bed is just one of the kind. The hotel is in a nice and quiet block, perfect for a good night sleep yet still central to everything. Old Town Square is less than 10 minutes walk and Prague Castle is less than 30 minutes walk. Metro A is just couple blocks away which we use to transfer to bus 119 to Ruzyne airport.

• Stayed: April 2009, travelled with family
Reviewed 5 May 2009

This was my second stay during the last months in the Icon Boutique Hotel. I am travelling regullary and I know lots of hotels but the Icon Hotel is the best place I have ever been and can competitate with a luxury hotel: perfect and welcoming service; excellent and staylish rooms; individual flair; great cafe - bar - restaurant area and all this for a very good price. I am looking forward for my next trip to Prague!

• Stayed: May 2009, travelled as a couple