“The Marriott annoyance factor...”

Courtyard by Marriott Prague Airport
Ranked #133 of 648 Hotels in Prague
Reviewed 1 August 2014

The pros:
Great airport location with no noise
Nice rooms
Decent restaurant
Love the little Marriott Courtyard shops in lobby

But geez Marriott, you really are making me reconsider any further stays with your ridiculous extra charges. At check in, I asked if there was free wifi in the rooms. I work when I travel. No, but, if I buy breakfast, I get a package with wifi for only (after exchange) THIRTY DOLLARS. But I don't want breakfast, I'm leaving too early, can I just buy wifi? No, no wifi without with breakfast. Thirty dollars. I say I'll pass. When in the room, I connect via LAN to see if I can manage a workaround with the internet provider. The screen tells me my room has been BLOCKED from buying any service. Because I didn't buy the thirty dollar breakfast package. So, I sat in a chair in the lobby (where non-guests can and did walk in to get free internet) for four hours doing my work. Way to make a guest feel wanted Marriott.

Marriott, charging for wifi these days is like charging to flush the toilet - just build the cost into the room charge. Bundling wifi with breakfast is just inane. You may be able to get away with it, but you'll lose business.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
Petr J, Front Office Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Prague Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 12 August 2014

Dear guest,

Thank you for your recent stay with us as well as your comment left on Trip Advisor. I am truly sorry to hear you were having difficulties with our internet connection. We have free wi-fi internet in public areas of the hotel to use at any time. Also in the guest room you can use high speed of wi-fi or cable connection for surcharge depend on time of usage. That can be purchased directly from the room. Further more, we offer variety of services which can be purchased in addition to your room, such as breakfast package with high speed internet.

Kind regards

Petr Janda

Reviewed 28 July 2014

Just a short walk from the terminal and also fight next to the rental car. The doors in to the rooms are sound proof and the hotel is quiet all over. As a family of four we asked for rooms next to each other with doors between. Thea have this but Didn't manage to givende this to us. Minus fore not having free wi-fi. We paid less here than at Holiday Inn

Room Tip: Familys should ask for doubles and maybe also rooms close to elevator so that you don't need to...
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 27 July 2014

I was very impressed by the front desk staff member who handled my check-in both times that I stayed at the Court Yard property. They made me feel welcome, comfortable and had an answer to all my questions and requests.
My rooms were clean, fresh, and well maintained, nice big shower, but seems no proper storage for the towels.
The restaurant staff was great, attentive, and the food was excellent. Great Czech beer.
Note: Used the hotel laundry (1-shirt), it was lost and never found. The staff was very apologetic and compensated me, but I'd rather have the shirt back.
Will I stay there again, yes, absolutely.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled solo
2  Thank air1twp
Reviewed 21 July 2014

The most expensive of the airport hotels in Prague but it's still JUST an Airport Hotel.
Rooms are ok...looking a bit old now though and the bathroom looks like a public swimming pool in its decor.
Staff were friendly and the breakfast we ok and pretty varied.
I just expected that bit more than the others for my money....and to have to pay for Wi Fi in my room is not good these days!
Nice and quiet though considering it's directly across from the airport.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 18 July 2014

Easy walk from airport, friendly check in.
Big rooms, good aircon, ironing board and yes a kettle! fantastic, can have a nice cup of tea.
Wifi is extra? why. Big shower, no bath.
Restaurant is reasonable cost and food is reasonable too.
Lots of chairs and levels around a central atrium, somewhere to sit.
Very clean generally
Breakfast was fine, good range, though cremated bacon and scrambled eggs a bit firm.
The waiters are too efficient, if you are not careful they clear your table if you go up to the buffet.
All in all, a nice place to stay, would def use it again. Recommended if you need to stay near airport. Very quiet didnt hear a single plane.
Check out again ,very helpful, nice staff.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 16 July 2014

We loved this hotel! The staff is friendly and helpful and the room was extremely comfortable - impeccably decorated and maintained. We had dinner in the hotel's restaurant and thoroughly enjoyed our meal there.
The best part is when you get up to catch an early morning flight. It is a 2-minute walk to the airport.
The room rate was very reasonable and included breakfast. Our flight was so early that we would miss the 6:30 a.m. start of breakfast, so the staff prepared us a breakfast to take with us. It was huge - bottle of water, muesli bar, muffin, yogurt, ham sandwich on a bun, 2 apricots and a pear for each of us! - actually too much food to eat at 5 a.m., but we ate as much as we could!

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 15 July 2014

This was just a brief one night stopover as we flew in too late to carry on our onward journey . Booked through Expedia for about £70 and this included breakfast . Good check in, lovely room with huge shower- no bath, vast comfy beds, hospitality tray and very, very quiet ! Very friendly staff in bar and at breakfast and we had reasonably priced evening meals and great breakfast.
What a choice - French croissants, Korean soup, Czech sausages - they had the lot ! The beer the night before was good too !
Only slight moan - no wifi in rooms, but, accessible in reception and restaurant so not so bad. A two minute walk from the terminal so very convenient .

Room Tip: Choose atrium view or airport, both very quiet.
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple