“Not bad.”

Ibis Praha Wenceslas Square
Ranked #226 of 647 Hotels in Prague
Reviewed 3 July 2014

The hotel is not as modern as some of the other Ibis ones I've stayed at before, but its sufficient. It's a little outdated, so I think its time for a revamp. Breakfast is a bit disappointing, quite a small selection of food and rather bland. Same food everyday, so don't expect to be blown away by the cuisine. The coffee machine makes terrible coffee, which is very disappointing as that's how I start my day (had to rely on Starbucks quite a bit for a good morning cup).

The location of the hotel was perfect for us, right next to Pavlova Metro station, making it easy to get around, so that was the big plus. There is free pin-less Wi-Fi which is also a big bonus.

All in all, a good hotel, not amazing but sufficient for a few days.

Room Tip: I choose the top floor to avoid noise from upstairs neighbors.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
EvaPaskova, General Manager at Ibis Praha Wenceslas Square, responded to this reviewResponded 18 July 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing ibis Wenceslas Square during your recent stay in Prague and for taking the time to share your feedback with the TripAdvisor travellers.

I am happy to see that you pointed out the location of ibis Wenceslas Square and I would like to thank you for your feedback regarding the breakfast buffet as only by receiving our guests feedback we can improve our services. Your comments have already been discussed with our Management team and necessary actions will be implemented.

We are looking forward to welcoming you back in a soon future and to deliver the expected service.

Reviewed 1 July 2014

A typical Ibis hotel, location is good, 10-15 min walk from Wenceslas Square, and a few minutes walk from a metro station. Rooms are tiny with all the necessary amenities one may need during traveling, same goes for the bathroom. Pool and gym are available for extra fees at the Novotel next to Ibis. Good price/quality ratio, free WiFi, TV with plenty of channels.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Julia_Koenigsberg

Dear Guest,

I am happy to read that you enjoyed the hotel’s location close to the main attractions of the city and easy to reach all the important spots in the city by public transportation.

We really appreciate your positive words, noticing that our effort goes in the right direction.

Thank you once again for your nice feedback and looking forward to welcoming you in a soon future.

ibis-Novotel Wencesals Square

Reviewed 20 June 2014

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com
1  Thank Keiron R
EvaPaskova, General Manager at Ibis Praha Wenceslas Square, responded to this reviewResponded 25 June 2014

Reviewed 17 June 2014

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled solo
Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com

Reviewed 17 June 2014

I don't think I need to point out the glaring mistake in the name of this hotel, its about 10 mins walk from Wenceslas Square. Not sure how they managed to secure the naming rights here. But having read other reviews I was aware of this matter. We stayed here for one night as part of a large stag group, so in terms of what we were looking for was this: essentially a bed and a bathroom. We weren't staying for the 'comforts' of a hotel room, or any other facilities within the building. We didn't even have the breakfast, as it was an expensive extra cost, choosing instead to go elsewhere locally for a bite to eat. The rooms are tight, especially for two people sharing, not much space to swing a kitten, let alone a cat. Likewise the bathroom was a plastic fantastic cabin wet room, the kind you would expect in any travelodge or premier inn etc. I will say that the room itself was clean and tidy, and a good sleep was had...I think. Staff at reception were relatively friendly and gave out free pocket maps of the city and any info we asked. The location is still decent, well within walking distance of the old town and tourist spots. But the following night we paid practically the same price for a 5 star hotel in Berlin, which somewhat soured my opinion.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank Chozz

Dear Guest,

I would like to thank you for your feedback regarding your stay and for the comments regarding the hotel in genral as only by having our guests feedback we can improve our services.

We are looking forward to welcoming you back in a soon future.

Reviewed 16 June 2014

The hotel location is fine, easy reachable by car. Ample space is available at the car park, of course against pay. We got our rooms earlier than expected which was great. Baby cod was also provided. Rooms are nice and quiet, the only problem was that the furniture didn't seem to be cleaned at all. The chair was really dusty, I never experienced those kind of things before. Also the decoration shows its age, especially in the restaurant area.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family

Dear Guest,

I am happy to see that you pointed out the location of ibis Wenceslas Square and I would like to thank you for your feedback regarding the cleanliness of the hotel. Your comments has already been discussed with our Housekeeping Manager.

Reviewed 6 June 2014

It is probably now a cliché from reading other reviews that this hotel is not on Wenceslas Square, but as I knew that before coming it wasn’t a problem. It is exactly 7 minutes walk from Wenceslas Square (I timed it folks!) and I don’t consider that very far at all.

The hotel is very comfortable, the rooms clean, linen clean, and the bathroom very nice. The shower super, a proper walk-in one not a hose in a bath. But what I really liked was the bed. Fabulously comfy just as they promise (you don’t want to leave it!)

The staff was very helpful as well. I forgot my two-pinned plug which I needed to charge my phone and they very kindly had a spare for me with no hassle at all. So kudos there. The secure locker is located in a room in the lobby, I would have preferred it in my bedroom, but this seems to be a custom with many continental hotels. However, the room is always kept locked and you have to ask at reception for a key.

The weakest point in this hotel is the breakfast. It was very adequate, Frankfurters and scrambled eggs the only hot food available. Also not much choice of other things. The coffee was out of a machine and not great. There isn’t a bar or restaurant as such in the hotel, well there is but it’s permanently closed. I asked why and they told me because no one uses it. Shame really because it looks good and with a bit of innovative thinking could do well. The problem is it’s located on the first floor (that’s the first one up not the ground floor!) which would make it a residents bar I suppose. A way around this would be to have some attraction, music (maybe a jazz night?) in it and advertise it well in the lobby and outside.

However, all is not lost, because you can avail of the bar at the Novotel next door. Don’t forget to mention that you’re staying in the Ibis and you get 20% discount. They also do food. Very nice staff here too, particular the nice Polish barman (sorry I didn’t get his name). I had a nightcap there each night.

If you’re coming from the airport to the Ibis it’s very easy. Forget about taxies they’re a rip off. Simply take the 119 from outside the airport, get off at the final stop Dejvicka and then take metro A (the green line) to Museum, it’s the 5th stop. Then change to metro C (the red line) and get off at I P. Pavlova (the next stop). The hotel is two minutes walk and veer left. You can’t miss it. The ticket only costs around 30 CZK and does for both bus and metro. You only need to punch it first time you use it when you get on the bus. The metro in Prague is very easy to follow, and safe. Obviously take precautions you would anywhere, especially at night, or in Dejvicka. From I. P. Pavlova you can visit all the important places in Prague, the Old Town, Malo Strana, and the Castle. Also trams go down Jecna, just opposite the hotel. Although as I love walking I covered most of the city on foot.

I would definitely stay at the Ibis again.

Stayed: June 2014, travelled solo
3  Thank Eoin M
EvaPaskova, General Manager at Ibis Praha Wenceslas Square, responded to this reviewResponded 10 June 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing ibis during your recent stay in Prague and for taking the time to share your feedback with the TripAdvisor community.

Exceeding our guests’ expectations is what we strive for and we are therefore extremely glad to hear that you had a good experience at ibis Wenceslas Square. It is a pleasure to see that you have pointed out the cleanliness of the rooms, the comfort of our "sweet beds" and the helpfulness of our staff.
We took good note of your remark about our breakfast offer and together with our chef we will present an improved breakfast starting the 15th of June.

Thank you for your nice words about the Novotel service. I will make sure that Lukasz will receive your compliments.

Looking forward to welcoming you again soon.