“Nice hotel with great breakfast included”

Hotel Majestic Plaza Prague
Ranked #172 of 649 Hotels in Prague
“Nice hotel with great breakfast included”
Reviewed 18 September 2013 via mobile

Hotel was nice. It was very clean and staff were friendly and helpful. Breakfast was awesome with a wide selection to choose from. Our room was a little bit dark, but sufficient for us. Location is good. Down a quieter street off Wenceslas square, but in walking distance of everything.

• Stayed August 2013
3 Thank aussiebb

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (269)
  • Arabic first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Johnson City, Tennessee
Reviewed 16 September 2013

On arrival at the hotel I was informed that the hotel overbooked because of a convention taking place at the time. Consequently, the Management had prearranged for my staying at a nearby Sheraton for no additional cost; also, when I returned to the BW Majestic Plaza at the end of my trip, my original room was upgraded at no cost, to compensate for the original oversight. Staff was professional, management was pro-active to correct a problem. Hotel staff were courteous, friendly and helpful. My room at this hotel was very nice. The breakfast was copious. Additionally, the hotel is near Wenceslaus Square and within walking distance of Olde Towne. If going to the Castle, a tram 22 is 2-blocks away. I highly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled on business
Exeter
Reviewed 14 September 2013

I am only reviewing this hotel now although I stayed in Jan 2014. I travelled with my Fiance and my parents for my Mum's birthday. I had sent the hotel an e-mail before our arrival to let them know and they gave her a little gift and a card up to her room which just made it that little bit extra special.
Hotel was spotless clean and staff could be seen constantly cleaning. They were all very friendly and could not do enough to help. There was a large selection at breakfast so there was something for everyone. Hotel is well located - it is on a side street so it is quite but is only a brief walk to the center of town. In-fact we walked everywhere! We got the bus from the airport and we were able to walk to the hotel from the bus station in Prague. A note of warning as we were walking with our suitcases a woman did stop us and ask for money so that she could get a bus home. She said she had been robbed. I don't know if she was telling the truth so just to be wary of this happening.
Overall I would highly recommend this hotel and would most definitely return! In-fact I have already directed loads of friends towards this hotel as I have raved about it so much.
Ps don't book any trips through the hotel (although staff are very helpful at doing this) as if you go to the ticket sellers offices themselves you will get other trips half price.

Room Tip: The hotel seems to be split in two - an older part and a newer part. My parents were in the older p...
  • Stayed January 2013, travelled with family
Great Missenden, United Kingdom
Reviewed 10 September 2013

We spent a 4 night break in Prague last week and found the Hotel Majestic Plaza an excellent place to stay. We had a room on the mezzanine level which was very convenient for reception.The bathroom was spacious and spotless.
We could not fault the buffet breakfast, there was a vast selection of hot and cold foods which were topped up continuously.
The lobby bar service was 1st class and not too expensive.
We had one evening meal in the restaurant which was excellent.
Overall, no complaints whatsoever....probably one of the best chain hotels we have stayed at in Europe.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Clive N
Mumbai , India
Reviewed 3 September 2013

We were a group of 4 ladies travelling on your own to Prague and found good reviews about the hotel and decided to book the same. The location is great..you have to walk for 5 minutes and you are in the Central Square and nearby there is the train station and buses also. The rooms were clean and the breakfast buffet was excellent. A large choice and also hot breakfast was available too.Very good value for money. We were all very happy !

• Stayed October 2012, travelled with friends
1 Thank Bepsi
leeds
Reviewed 1 September 2013

My partner and I spent four nights at this hotel at the end of August. It`s in a good location, just over 5mins walk to the new town, but knowing what I know now, I think the old town is a much better place to stay. It`s beautiful and a lot more livelier than where we were. The rooms at The Majestic Plaza are spacious and comfortable, with good sized bathrooms, and the breakfast is decent and filling. My only quibble with this hotel was the poor housekeeping. Every night we`d return to find no tea, coffee etc, and would have to go down to reception to ask for some. Each time we`d receive no apology, just an `em, okay` and the items would be handed over. After the first day the hotel ran out of English tea, so not being a fan of earl grey or fruit teas, we only had coffee to drink. For any hotel this is poor, but for a four star, was pretty unbelievable. All in all though, was a good hotel.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 28 August 2013 via mobile

Our family stayed at this hotel at the beginning of August and its overall an average hotel. It has a good location and spacious rooms, however the small details made our stay unpleasant and the service was specially dreadful. The room we had was living room and bedroom and the bedroom had no TV (for us TV in the bedroom is a must), it was in the living room. We requested if possible a room change and the person in the front desk was very rude (his name was David by the way...) and said that was not possible and we had to be satisfied with our room just because. Additionally we had a water dripping from the air conditioner on the room that made all the carpet wet and our shoes moist. The breakfast was ok, however one of the 4 days they said the juicer dispensers were out of order, so there was nothing to drink except coffee and water. We requested a juice, since we saw some other guests being served with juice directly from the kitchen. We requested the same from the lady waitress and she said there was no juice in a very rude way, so we went directly to the kitchen and got it. Believe me, the hotel was not worth the money, mainly because of the horrible staff they have!

• Stayed August 2013