“Definitely not 5 star”

Ranked #166 of 649 Hotels in Prague
Adelaide, Australia
“Definitely not 5 star”
Reviewed 25 June 2014 via mobile

We give this hotel a poor instead of terrible because staff and location were good. It is definitely not a 5 star hotel. Our room was pokey, the carpet was filthy and the upholstered chairs stained. The wall between our room (220) and our "neighbours" was paper thin. They came home at 10.45pm and we could hear their conversation word for word. They then turned on the TV and channel surfed. It was as though they were sharing our room. Impossible for sleeping with all the noise. Breakfast was very ordinary. A dinner was included in our package and that was good.

Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
Pavlah, General Manager at Hotel Majestic Plaza Prague, responded to this review, 27 June 2014
Dear Guest,

We appreciate that you took the time to share your feedback on TripAdvisor and thank you for choosing to stay with us. We value comments such as yours as they help us to continue improving our service. We hope to have another opportunity to welcome you back to Prague and the BW Premier Majestic Plaza Hotel.

Assistant to Front Office Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (271)
  • Arabic first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
New Delhi, India
Reviewed 25 June 2014 via mobile

The hotel is walking distance from the key shopping areas and the old town. The rooms are a bit odd. For instance we could finally put the kettle on in the bathroom as it was the only plug around! The separate wc was in the tiniest closet possible. The breakfast room is too small and service is slow. So all in all an average rating.

However do stay there as the location is really great.

Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends
Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for taking the time to post review regarding your stay with us.
We are happy that you enjoyed hotel location.
We hope to have another opportunity to welcome you back to Prague and the Majestic Plaza.

Nicosia, Nicosia, Cyprus
Reviewed 24 June 2014 via mobile

We were enthusiastic about rooms because big enough for two and especially very warm decoration. Clean and quite new hotel. Not exactly in the city center but we needed 8-10 min walk to go there! Very romantic watching the rain and the buildings ' roofs from the room window!!!

• Stayed October 2013
Martin K, Manager at Hotel Majestic Plaza Prague, responded to this review, 25 June 2014
Dear Anthie,

Thank you for your comments regarding your stay with us. We know you have a variety of hotels to choose from when you travel, and we are honored that you selected the Majestic Plaza. We are so pleased that you enjoyed your time with us, and that we were able to provide you with comfort and convenience. We hope that you choose to stay with us again on your next visit to Prague.

Assistnat to Front Office Manager
Washington DC, District of Columbia
Reviewed 23 June 2014

I stayed at this hotel for 4 days in one of the apartments. Reserved and booked through Booking.com. Overall hotel lobby and room were clean, nothing to complain about. I was expecting a little more "wow" factor for the apartment but since the room was on the lower floors (I think 4th fl) you really don't get much of a view except for the courtyard.

Breakfast (continental/hot breakfast) was good and included in my reservations. I didn't get a chance to use the spa/sauna (also included in my reservations) but it's good to know it opens until 10pm. I also opted for parking at the hotel albeit at a pricey 25 Euros/night; if you can, maybe look for alternative parking options like parking at the airport then taking a taxi to the hotel.

Wifi was fast enough for when I needed to lookup places to eat or things to do; it was a little irritating that I had disconnect/connect to a different access point whenever I went from my room to the lobby. Maybe they need to reconsider their wifi security policies to make transitions between AP's more seamless. I'm on vacation, I just want to connect once and not have to worry about it whenever I'm in range and throughout the duration of my stay.

Once you are at the hotel, there really isn't a need for a car since it's very close to most everything including the trains. The neighborhood itself looks a little sketchy at night but otherwise safe and quiet. My girlfriend and I often walked back to the hotel past midnight without any issues. It's also about a 5 minute brisk walk to Wenceslas Square.

Would I recommend this hotel? Sure

I would probably stay at this hotel again but only at a lower price point. I paid roughly 200 Euros/night when all said and done; With a bit more research and time, I could probably find a better option for roughly the same cost and that would include parking. Customer service was ok and professional. Best Western met the professionalism factor but could work on being a little more friendly.

Being that I worked in the tourism industry in Hawaii for over 10 years, I'm used to providing a level of service that includes professionalism and a LOT of friendliness. I don't expect this from many European locations but I think I think if they focused in on this trait, I would have definitely given a 4-5 star feedback rating.

Room Tip: The apartment is ok, if you're looking to save money, get a regular room. If you want something...
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Mark I
Dear Guest,
We very much appreciate your feedback and we would like to thank you for your time to share your experience with other travelers.

I hope we will have the opportunity to welcome you to Majestic Plaza again in the near future.

Prague, Czech Republic
Reviewed 19 June 2014

Other than the decent location, this hotel has nothing worth staying. Service was nonchalant and selective. The staff does not smile at all and unfriendly. Cleanliness was okay but room was dated and old. Hotel was old and the lift jerked as it moved. We told the reception that the room air condition was not working and gotten a rude shock when they replied that they were well aware of the problem. The problem could only be fixed the next day as informed by their facility department. Why did they give a room that was defective to their guest? To make matter worse, they did not have a suitable room for us to change and the staff Roman who attended to us was outright rude and arrogant. He was so ridiculous to tell us not a problem to have no air condition as we just had to leave the window open for the low outdoor temperature at night to cool the room. What about the hot afternoon sun that shone right into the room and turning the room into a giant toaster?! After much insistence, he brought us fans but they were those pathetic mini table fan!! Coincidentally, the reception recommended a restaurant that attempted to cheat us by giving us an inflated manual check. The check included three items that we never ordered. Avoid this hotel at all cost if you want to have a nice memory of Prague.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank ChinSiong P
Pavlah, General Manager at Hotel Majestic Plaza Prague, responded to this review, 23 June 2014
Dear Guest,

I am sorry that your experience did not meet your expectations. It is important for us to understand how our guests feel about hotel and what we can improve. Your comfort and satisfaction are our highest goals.
I am very sorry that you did not have the aircondition in the room. Unfortunately it was a mistake and misunderstanding between our technical department and the reception. We did not know that there is such a problem. I can understand that it can be very hot in the room when the sun shine the whole day.
About the restaurant which the reception staff recommended to you. It will help me if you will let me know the name of the restaurant. We do have a contract with many restaurants in Prague and we never had a problem with any of them. About the reception staff I had never such a complain. Our staff is profesional, friendly and very helpfull. They do their best to help the quest. You can see that in other feedbacks on tripadvisor. I can understand that you were upset because of the aircondition system in the room but please understand that sometimes the technical problems can happen. I have also checked the elevators and there is nothing wrong with them.
I would greatly appreciate if you would be willing to take the time to contact me directly to tell me what happened, so I can follow-up accordingly. It is always very difficult to find were is the true if the guest do not contact me right away.

I sincerely apologise for the upset that this incident caused during your stay.
We hope that in spite of the bad experience you did not lose your faith in our hotel and we can welcome you in the near future when your next trip brings you in Prague.

Liverpool, United Kingdom
Reviewed 11 June 2014

First time to Prague & wasn't sure what to expect, hotel is conveniently placed for all main sights, just a few minutes to the main square, about 15 mins stroll to the old town square & astronomical clock, and another 7 or 8 to Charles bridge
requested a non smoking room but needn't to as its a no smoking hotel which was great for us
had a triple room which was very comfortable & a good size for the 3 of us, lovely bathroom and all very clean, serviced daily, toiletries provided too !
room was a little too warm tho even with the air con on , more to do with the very hot weather we were blessed with for our stay!
tea/coffee in room (English tea too ) mini bar if needed, if you need more just ask
Reception staff were extremely polite & helpful
Inclusive breakfast was excellent, wide choice,& plentiful, too much to list, all freshly prepared & served by friendly staff
Lobby bar was nice & relaxing and prices were reasonable too, far cheaper than many bars around the main squares,
all in all a really nice quality hotel served by nice friendly staff, well positioned and good value, recommended and would love to return again

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Lakeslovers53
Pavlah, General Manager at Hotel Majestic Plaza Prague, responded to this review, 16 June 2014
Dear guest,

Thank you very much for such a lovely and warm comment following your stay at Majestic Plaza Hotel. As guest satisfaction is our goal number one, I am delighted to read you loved the hotel as well as the service.

It has been a pleasure to look after you during your stay. You can be assured all your comments have been shared with my team.

I am very much looking forward to your next visit.

Surat, India
Reviewed 11 June 2014

Hotel Majestic is located in the heart of Prague. Old town square is just minutes away. Shops and restaurants are also nearby. Talking about the hotel, it serves you very well. We stayed here for 4 days. Staff is friendly, no complaints. Breakfast was delicious and fresh. We asked for a room on the top floor while booking this hotel from the internet. And surprisingly we got the best of it. Luckily we could see the beautiful Prague Castle from the balcony of our room. I'll visit again for sure.

Room Tip: Try to book a room on the top floor, you can get an absolutely stunning view.
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank fshah86
Dear Guest,

I was delighted to read that you scored our hotel so high and I thank you for your wonderful comments regarding the hotel location, the room on our executive floor and most importantly the quality of the service. Rest assured, I will share your kind words with our entire team. They will be equally pleased to know their efforts are noticed and appreciated.

We hope to have the pleasure of being of service again during your next visit to Prague.