“Great Location, Superb value for money” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Hotel Majestic Plaza Prague

Hotel Majestic Plaza Prague
Ranked #177 of 667 Hotels in Prague
Island of Malta, Malta
“Great Location, Superb value for money”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 July 2014

Enjoyed our fabulous 4 day mini-break at the Hotel Majestic Plaza immensely.
The hotel girls and guys couldn't have been more accommodating.
The room was an excellent size, clean and extremely comfortable.
Breakfast put us in good stead for the entire day with a great range to chose from and delicious coffee.
We couldn't have wished to be in a better location what with the vibrant Wenceslas Square literally being a stone throw away. History, Museums, Hop on Hop Offs, Nightclubs, Shops, Cafes and restaurants at our fingertips and the old town square just minutes walk away too.

A really nice touch from the hotel was when we received a bottle of red and chocolates for my friends birthday.
Thank you very much.
We will certainly recommend you to others and hope to return ourselves one day soon too.
LOVED all that Prague has to offer.

1 Thank JacqJains
Pavlah, General Manager at Hotel Majestic Plaza Prague, responded to this review, 31 July 2014
Dear guest,

Thank you very much for such a lovely and warm comment following your stay at Majestic Plaza Hotel. As guest satisfaction is our goal number one, I am delighted to read you loved the hotel as well as the service.

It has been a pleasure to look after you during your stay. You can be assured all your comments have been shared with my team.

I am very much looking forward to your next visit.

Front Office Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (254)
  • Arabic first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Rhode Island
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 July 2014

On Sunday, July 13, all 228 of us from the Chorus of Westerly (Rhode Island, USA) arrived en masse for our three night stay. We literally had tons and tons of luggage,
individuals with special needs and requests, folks with mobility issues, familiies very young children, teens with chaperones -- you name it, we brought it. Yet check-in was a breeze, our rooms were clean and comfortable (very comfy beds), and the stations for the excellent included breakfast were always beautifully arranged and plentiful -- even when they were slammed with so many of us coming down at the same time so we could stay on our morning schedule. Sure, there aren't any American-style face cloths in the bathrooms (hint: buy one at the Albert supermarket under Debenham's in Wenceslas Square) and the deep, U-shaped bathtubs are a little dangerous for a standing shower, but I know better than to expect everything to be the same in Europe as it is at home. This is a charming hotel within an easy walk of Wenceslas Square, close to lots and lots of shopping, restaurants, and many of the museums and cultural attractions. Dismiss what people may say to you about looking too much like an American tourist - bring your sneakers. You will look like a tourist, but you'll appreciate those sneakers after you've been walking those cobbled streets and sidewalks for a while. I wish I had brought mine.

Room Tip: If you want a nonsmoking room, be sure to ask for one. Smoking is still permitted in this and many o...
Dear Guest,

thank you very much for your feedback. Your positive comments are a great motivation for our staff to keep providing excellent service to our guests. It is a pleasure to read that all 228 guests were satisfied in our hotel, that they appreciated our work and that everything went smooth.

We are looking forward to welcoming you back in the future.

Munich, Germany
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 July 2014

This is a franchise hotel - meaning it is independently managed from the Best Western Corporate Chain.. Still - it is as good as it gets... friendly staff - great location - everything is close by..... and very clean.... perfect

1 Thank SYAS2000
Dear guest,

Thank you very much for taking the time to post this review regarding your stay with us. I am thrilled to read you enjoyed every aspect of our hotel and especially delighted with your comment regarding the cleanliness.

I look forward to welcoming you back to Prague.

Toronto
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 July 2014

This hotel is in a location, about a 10-15 minute walk to Old Town. My room was quite spacious very clean. Nice to have the modern looking bathroom with amenities, etc. Good selection for breakfast. I asked to be away from the elevator and a quiet room if possible. I understand that the requests cannot always be accommodated but the receptionist assigns a room right very very close to the elevator. It was quite noisy as I was on street level. The reception staff I found was a bit unfriendly and not as attentive. I literally stood in line for more than 20 minutes as my key was not working properly (there were two people working the desk) and there was someone else behind the desk just standing around who just ignored me. The other lady was helping a guest. I would not stay here again, despite the rave reviews this hotel is getting. My experience was not all that pleasant.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank luvtomovetosouthwest
Pavlah, General Manager at Hotel Majestic Plaza Prague, responded to this review, 18 July 2014
Dear Guest,

I am sorry that your experience did not meet your expectations. It is important for us to understand how our guests feel about hotel and what we can improve. Your comfort and satisfaction are our highest goals. We do appreciate the good ratings for room cleanliness and our location. We always try to follow the guest request but unfortunately sometimes we cannot satisfy everybody if the hotel is full. As always, we would have loved this feedback in person as we are then able to provide solutions and suggestions. Maybe there was a possibility to change the room for you. About the reception staff I am very sorry to hear that. They always try to do their best to be profesional, friendly and helpfull.

We value comments such as yours as they help us to continue improving our service. We hope to have another opportunity to welcome you back to Prague and the Majestic Plaza.

Soest, The Netherlands
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 July 2014

This hotel is ideally located close to the old town and shopping areas. Everything is easily accessible by foot which is great if you're there for a visit as a tourist. I stayed at the hotel for one night on business, and my room (701) was very nice indeed. The room was spacious - a real change from the cramped rooms found in most European cities these days - with a big bathroom and plenty of storage and sitting space if you're staying longer and a good view of the city as well! The bed was comfortable and the bathroom clean and in good shape for a typical hotel. I still don't understand why hotels continue to carpet their rooms as the carpets always look less than clean and make me nervous just thinking about all the nastiness that has walked across them. This one was okay though. Lastly, the airconditioning worked well but was noisy. Putting it on the lowest setting made it sound like it was falling apart so I had to put it on the highest setting which made it sound like I was in an airplane, but it at least drowned out the other noises the unit was producing.
Staff at the front desk was efficient, not overly friendly, but good enough. Breakfast was alright, but the nice selection of local pastries made up for the small selection of "regular" breakfast choices.
For 89 euros (the price I paid) this hotel is a bit of a bargain considering its location, the size and quality of the rooms and the facilities. I would return!

Room Tip: Top floor rooms (7th); both 701 and 702 have a small balcony with two chairs and a table.
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
Prague, Hlavni Mesto Praha, Czech Republic
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 July 2014

We were accommodated here for a business matter. This hotel has a superb location, it is only 2 minutes away from Vaclav's square (main square) and everything is just nearby (restaurants, landmarks and shopping centres).

Really recommended if you are looking for a business trip!

• Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
      Rooms
1 Thank SonataLL
Dublin, Ireland
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 July 2014

Booked on a trip with the Girlfriend in Prague for a few days.
The location, while not extremely centered, is within 5-15 mins walking distance of most things.
The welcome we received was brilliant. Bags were brought up to our room and we were pleased.

1st night, DISASTER. The nightclub attached/underneath was in full flow. Myself nor the girlfriend slept the first night as we were on the first floor. I rang down and complained immediately. The receptionist did not seem to interested as it was 2 a.m so I said I'd deal with it tomorrow. I went down first thing, and said "I want to complain about the music". Another receptionist said, "Are you room 130? We have another room for you, sorry for the inconvenience". I had to wait maybe 4/5 hours (Which i was going out to see Prague anyway) and got back to a new room on the 6th floor with wine and chocolates as a gesture.

I do believe guests should be pre-warned about this nightclub issue, but the staff were excellent in how they dealt with it.

This was the only major occurrence on our trip. Apart from a few people knocking in the morning on the wrong room, we would definitely recommend this hotel.

The lobby bar is cheap, but small, and the variety for breakfast is good, albeit different.

I have read some of the bad reviews too and was very wary but was happy with my overall experience

Room Tip: Avoid the first floor at the back of hotel. Nightclub
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple