“Excellent for family with infant”

Hotel Residence Agnes
Ranked #1 of 648 Hotels in Prague
Reviewed 8 May 2012

We flew in from London, and had such a great time in Prague thanks to this wonderful hotel and service. They were enthusiastic when we said we were travelling with our 10-month old - a good sign! The hotel is quiet with a bright dining area (and safe high chair - a rare find) and the best breakfasts with fresh fruit (which we could pack away for baby's snack, thanks to the fridge in our room). They even use Canadian maple syrup for their pancakes - delicious. Our room was enormous - clean and bright, well-furnished with updated bathroom.

The location was excellent, close to Letna Park, Old Town Square (5 min), the Charles Bridge (10 min), Prague Castle (20 min) and the Republic square, from which we got the bus to the airport. The hotel staff were kind and personable, and offered great recommendations for Czech restaurants.

We were happy to see the owner everyday checking in with the hotel guests - gave a sense of commitment to the place.

Room Tip: Our room was a floor above the dining area, but it was not as loud as we'd expected. I imagine o...
  • Stayed: May 2012, travelled with family
ResidenceAgnes, Guest Relations Manager at Hotel Residence Agnes, responded to this reviewResponded 12 May 2012

Thank you very much for your comment .We are very pleased that you and your baby were satisfied.And i have to tell you,that your baby was so lovely, cute and so quiet,nobody knew about her. We are looking forward to meet you next time in our hotel and maybe you will be four :)
Never mind in this case we prepare for you a bigger(family room) and another highchair for a breakfast:)) Have a nice day and good luck. Natalie and all the management and employees of Residence Agnes.

Reviewed 1 May 2012

On the recommendation of my friend IIbooked a hotel Agnes. I have stayed there for 3 nights and was very,very satisfied.
Simply, all offers ( services, room, breakfast, ambience of the hotel) were on high level, no complaint.
Location of the hotel, near the centre is also perfect.I would definitely go back and will recommend to my friends try it too.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 23 April 2012

I've been in Prague twice, and based on previous experience I did not expect a lot from the hotel itself. But man was I surprised, what a lovely hotel! According to the manager they had recently opened the hotel, and it shows! The lobby is very personal, and so are the hotel rooms. I would definetely recommend this hotel to others, and I will definetely return to this hotel if I'll return to Prague in the future

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled with friends
1  Thank Cato N
Reviewed 19 April 2012

This offers a gorgeous base from which to see Prague. We came from a place further out in the city, so for us the location was excellent- tucked away just behind the main shopping centre down a few quiet streets, away from the tourist hustle but still central enough to walk anywhere from the location. The layout of the hotel is unique and pretty, it was very nice to walk into. Our room was very comfortable, everything you could need including a pristine bathroom which I particularly liked. The staff were accommodating and friendly, certainly no complaints. The breakfast was much nicer than what we're used to, plenty of croissants, cheeses, hams etc to fill up on, although I might stay away from the eggs, which didn't look particularly appetizing. There are some good restaurants down the road if you're having dinner close by. While this isn't five-star luxury, I would definitely recommend this place to anyone looking for a nice (and fairly inexpensive!) place to stay while they explore Prague.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Molly S
Reviewed 15 April 2012

Residence Agnes is one of the smaller but very comfortable hotel
located in the Old Town city of Prague. The Hotel is easily accessible
by car or public transport. Thanks to its excellent position, the
hotel is in the proximity not only of most of Prague historical
landmarks but also of modern part of the city with many restaurants
and bars.
Through wide scale of services and accomodation offered by the hotel,
you can hardly find a better choice for this money in this part of the
centre. We just advice this accomodation.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank Marianna N
Reviewed 10 April 2012

Can highly recommend this hotel for it's service, rooms and atmosphere. The location is also perfect, very close to the old town and other tourist attractions. I would like to stay there next time visiting Prague.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank linuspaalinien
Reviewed 5 April 2012

We stayed here for 3 nights a couple of weeks ago and it was great.

The location was perfect - really quiet and pretty in the old town, just a couple of minutes from the main square. The new renovation has been done really well (not that I saw the original) with a really lovely dining - courtyard at the centre. Our room was nice, the bathroom modern and everything was clean and as you would hope. The only improvement would be the bed - very comfy but as it was two singles pushed together it would be good to have a double sheet going across the gap. But this didn't really cause a problem, and nor did it take away from the romance as another reviewer suggested.

All the staff were really friendly and welcoming but one particular receptionist was possibly the most friendly and welcoming I've ever met!

Finally, for me, what really decides my opinion of a hotel is the breakfast, and I'm pleased to say that this one was just perfect - a bit of everything and all very yummy.

So over all a fantastic stay; I would definitely go back and will recommend any of my friends to try it too.

Thanks hotel Agnes!