“It's all true!”

Hotel Residence Agnes
Ranked #1 of 648 Hotels in Prague
Reviewed 2 April 2014

I won't repeat everything that everyone else has said, suffice to say it is all true! The hotel is beautifully appointed and spotlessly clean, Frank and his staff are the most hospitable we have ever experienced and Prague is a wonderful city. We would not hesitate to return and also to recommend the Agnes to anyone visiting Prague.

Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
There are newer reviews for Hotel Residence Agnes

Reviewed 1 April 2014

In a country where only a generation ago, individualism and exceptionalism were discouraged, this small hotel understands how to stand out in a crowded market. From the moment my wife, daughter and myself walked in we were made to feel welcome. We were offered a beverage (beer, wine, coffee, water) and one of the hotel staff sat down with us to explain the layout of the city and attractions with a local map. Meanwhile the owner carried our luggage to our room! Any place we wanted to go, they arranged for transportation. Morning breakfast was simply stunning with excellent hot and cold dishes. Breakfast usually is served at 7:30 am but on the morning we were leaving the owner made sure a full breakfast was started early so we would be able to have a good breakfast before we left for the airport. Now that's service! Rooms were clean and the beds very comfortable. Keep up the good work; we would definitely stay here again on a return visit to beautiful Prague.

Green Bay, WI. USA.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 31 March 2014

Lovely room on 4th floor, great service from all staff, perfect location for Prague, close to main events yet a quiet retreat. Lovely breakfast and complimentary drinks on arrival and early evening.
Nick and Jan.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 31 March 2014

We are a couple taking a 5 days break in Prague. From positive comments of other travellers we sensed that Residence Agnes stands out to have good service and trust-worthy. This is important to us since we want this to be a reference point for us for what to do in Prague and how.

The rooms are small and the location, even though very near the centre of all things eg Palladium Mall, Old Town, etc is in a small street so not easy to find. Also, they do not charge a low rate, not high, but not cheap.

But to compensate for these, instead of charging less the owners are smart in doing many many extra things to make guests feel that its value for money.

1. If you book directly with them at their website they give you a free pick up from airport. This costs usually Euro 30. (And the driver is their own so its safe).

2. Free wine and other drinks in their lounge. All day. Wine is not expensive in Prague but complimentary wine is a different feeling.

3. Free drive with their own car to where you want to go from the Hotel, as long as its down town and as long as the car is available. We got a free ride when it was a pretty inconvenient time for the staff and so the owner drove us himself !! And he gave us helpful directions as to how to get back to hotel.

Taxi is difficult and expensive in Prague and will often ruin your mood in a trip. This service is invaluable especially I'm travelling with my wife . I just cannot calculate how much I saved on taxi.

4. Breakfast was included in the price and it was good. Cooked full breakfast and also fresh fruits and lots of variety.

5. They are cordial and trained all their staff to be so. (How can they not be if the owner does vacuum cleaning on the stone floors of this 13th century building himself ?) Everyone will catch on.

6. They recommend tours and restaurants that are value for money too and they do it enthusiastically. They make sure that you have a good time and at the same time feel you spent money wisely.

They are not pushy and at the same time they make sure you know what's good and what's out there.

7. Staff are trained to ask you whether you need anything automatically. And they give you everything they can, information, coffee, wine, snacks etc. Etc. Since the place and lobby is small you feel like you are in a family.

And since its all complimentary, there is no dis-trust.

8. Free and strong Wifi.

9. We booked a taxi from Hotel to Airport. But at the last minute, because there are other guests who travel to the airport as well we are given a complimentary ride !! What a surprise !!

10. There were no hidden charges as everything is complimentary. I almost felt a bit indebted to the Hotel for what I got.

I was a lawyer before. I gave up law mainly because I am tired of giving service when after providing good service clients still want it cheap. I became a property trader and financier. I'm glad I made that decision because in service you compete with people like Residence Agnes. And they do so much and still you get value for money. How can I compete ? Rather be a customer than a service provider.

Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
5  Thank Marbellapap
ResidenceAgnes, Manager at Hotel Residence Agnes, responded to this reviewResponded 31 March 2014

Dear Marbellapap,

Thank you for taking the time to post your amazing review! So nice to read, that you enjoyed our service and your overall experience was memorable that much. Our hotel location is really perfect and it helps us to provide the best possible service.
I am glad that you enjoyed our breakfast and our amazing city Prague:) and we will be more than happy to see you one more again sometimes in a future:)

Best regards from all of us, Natalie.Linda,Radka,Magdalena,Martin,Marty and Frank.

Reviewed 30 March 2014

I cannot say enough wonderful things about this hotel! First the location is perfect. It is within easy walking distance of Old Town Square, the Charles Bridge and the Jewish Quarter. You are close to shopping & lots of wonderful restaurants. Upon our arrival the hostess sat down with us while we enjoyed some refreshment & showed us where everything was on the map. She also booked restaurants for us which was no mean feat as we were there over New Year's Eve. The suggestions she made were wonderful.
The rooms are delightful & modern. They were also a nice size. The bathroom were also modern & clean. Free wifi is included as is a buffet breakfast. The food was tremendous. There was a wonderful selection of fruits, pastries, & hot food. It was one of the best breakfasts we had on our trip.
The owners couldn't have been nicer or more helpful. They even drove us up to the castle in their own cars rather than have us take a taxi. The staff couldn't do enough to make our stay perfect.
This is the only place I will stay in Prague from now on!

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Dee70471

Dear Dee,

I am glad that you enjoyed our breakfast and our amazing city Prague:)

Best regards from all of us and from sunny Prague. Natalie.Linda,Radka,Frank,Magdalena,Martin and Marty.

Reviewed 28 March 2014

Have just returned from this hotel we have stayed in many good hotels but this has been the very best.Frank and his staff have been brilliant the room the breakfast everything has been first class ,we would recommend that if your going to prague it's a must thankyou for your kindness and making our stay enjoyable rohan and linda .

Stayed: March 2014
3  Thank Linda S

Dear Linda and Rohan,

we are grateful for your time to share your experience at Residence Agnes . I am really happy reading that you have enjoyed your stay and appreciated the hospitality and personalized service of my team. Thank you very much and I am looking forward welcoming you back sometimes in the future.

Greetings from Prague.Frank,Linda,Natalie,Magdalena,Radka.Marty and Martin.

Reviewed 27 March 2014

My husband and I just spent four delightful days at this lovely and very reasonably-priced hotel. While the hotel was charming and very conveniently located, the hotel's most outstanding feature was its superb staff. Everyone from the owner to the reception and housekeeping staff were wonderful: welcoming, accommodating and helpful. Nothing was too much trouble for them. I have read that glowing reviews should be read with a skeptical eye, so I have been trying to come up with a negative comment and I am simply at a loss. I selected this hotel based on the Trip Advisor reviews and my expectations were exceeded!

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Ginny M

Dear Ginny M,

it was a big pleasure for us to have such a lovely guests
in our hotel:)
Thank you so much for your review here on TripAdvisor! We are really happy to read that you had wonderful time while staying with us in Prague . We believe that service makes all the difference and it is truly great to read such a positive feedback on our small hotel and service.We try to do for our guests the best and we hope,that the guests,and you too,will remember us for a long time :)

We will be more than happy to see you soon in our hotel again:)

Yours sincerely,Natalie and co.