“Best experience”

Ranked #1 of 670 Hotels in Prague
Jerusalem, Israel
“Best experience”
Reviewed 29 April 2014 via mobile

Great staff. Great service. Great location. Great facilities. Generous hospitality. Helped us getting wherever we needed and complied with all Our requests. enjoyed prague with the help of the staff and owner. Will stay there again when in Prague.

Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (497)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Slovak first
  • Turkish first
Birmingham, United Kingdom
Reviewed 29 April 2014

This was one of the stops made driving back from Athens. I booked this hotel after reading all the glowing reports here on trip which after returning can safely say are mostly correct.

Unfortunately some of the specifics some people seem to appreciate were far removed from the requirements I had.

We were looking for somewhere we could relax, that was safe, clean, quiet, had safe parking for our car, near enough to the sights so we could have a quick walk out, near a decent restaurant and all at a reasonable cost.

Most of these boxes were ticked but there were certain specifics that didn't suit me at all

1. Check in

I'm used to this taking 5 minutes max, not here, 'sit down have a drink, fill in the registration card I'll be over in a while, with the map, list of excursions etc'
I believe if we hadn't basically interupted the spiel from the very nice Magdelana we could have easily spent our entire 14 hours in Prague drinking beer and wine in the lobby checking in. All very chilled very relaxed but not for me.

2. Safe parking
We did email beforehand about this and was told either at the hotel or nearby 'private parking'
When we arrived we were told they couldn't say it would be safe outside but it should be and they've only ever had problems with Sat Navs being stolen !!!!!!!!!!!
The private parking is actually at the Hilton and looks like a very public parking to me. We were driven back from here by the hotel all free of charge by a very nice man but again eating into my 14 hours. Again not for me.
3. I had read on here that the location was superb, to be fair superb isn't a word I would use, it is next to a youth hostel, there is grafitti on the walls of the pub/restaurant opposite and it is a 10 minute walk down side streets to the clock square, to me the location isn't too bad.
4. I found the descriptions of the hotel on here quite off, it's an Ok hotel with decent rooms, whilst it may sound good having a courtyard all it seems to do is make any door closing echo all around the interior.
5. Upon check out Frank (I believe) insisted on carrying our bags, very nice of him but surely when a customer says no, the person offering the service should listen. It seems it may be more about what 'we know what the customer wants' rather than 'give the customer what he asks for'
I stayed in the Epoque in Bucharest on this trip, valet parking and hotel porters, only had to say no once and that was that, no one tried to grab my case or keys.

One review on here is 'Princely treatment in Prague' really? I don't think so

In summary, if you are looking for somewhere to stay and have your hand held and drink free booze in the lobby then this is the place for you and it seems there are many such people, I am not one of them so for that reason I wouldn't go back.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
12 Thank Beaubleep
ResidenceAgnes, Manager at Hotel Residence Agnes, responded to this review, 30 April 2014
Dear Beaubleep,

First of all we would like to thank you for your review.

We are a small hotel and we try to work differently than other hotels in Prague.Our approach to our guests is a very personal and full of contact.95 percent of our guests will appreciate it,they are for the first time in Prague and are happy for any help and for all the informations they get from us .The rest wants to plan the program itself, wants more privacy atc.
Hotel is located in the center of Prague, 5 minutes from the Oldtown square. Entire town is under the protection of Unesco, there is no chance to park for free anywhere.Actually citizens need to pay a year-parking card.Police does control almost every day. And not everybody wants to park outside.That is why we have a places in garage close to our hotel.
With Magdalena, I'm sure if you said you are not interested or that you are tired of the way, Magda would understand and you check in would be shorter.
Regarding Frank I do not know what to say, you know ,he just wanted to help you,he did not mean it badly.He does it so always:))

Finally I hope that you had a great time in Prague and that you enjoyed it just a little bit.

Best regards from Frank,Linda,Magda,Martin+Martin,Radka and myself.

Natalie
Stockholm, Sweden
Reviewed 28 April 2014

The best hotel we ever stayed at, if we go back to Prague again, we definitely will stay at this hotel. A warm welcome that contiunues every day, it was over all expectations! My husband and I celebrated 32 years and the staff, Linda & Frank, really made our celebration a memory for ever. The location is superb, everything is nere, the service is excellent! The breakfast was perfect, the room was very nice and given such a familiar feeling from the staff made our whole visit in Prague. Help with transports, bookings of restaurants and tips to go and visit. We will never forget this hotel and staff! Thank you Frank & Lind and the rest of the staff, you made our whole visit superb! There is not enough superlatives to describe our feelings!

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
Москва, Россия
Reviewed 28 April 2014

Отдыхали 24-27 апреля с мамой в Праге. Отель просто замечательный, менеджмент и персонал отеля работает очень профессионально. У меня не было ощущения, что мы живем в гостиничном номере, очень все по-домашнему. В номере живые цветы и коробочка конфет. Нам был предложен бесплатный трансфер в любую точку Праги. Мы с большим удовольствием воспользовались. Очень хороший завтрак, выбор и качество продуктов - супер! Месторасположение тоже отличное. Пешком до площади с часами - 7-10 минут. Несомненно, рекомендую всем. Если вернемся в Прагу, то только в Agnes! Большое спасибо!
Spent 3 days in Prague with my Mom. Hotel is really very-very good! Management and staff of the hotel is very professional. I didn`t feel myself at the hotel, I feel myself home. We found a bouquet and box of sweets in our room. Also we were offered to use a complimentery taxi. Breakfast was wonderful, quality and selection of products - super! Location is also great! Highly recommend! If I decide to visit Prague once again, I surely stay at Agnes! Thank you!

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
Birmingham
Reviewed 27 April 2014

It has been a while since I left a review on Trip advisor. Since my last review I have been travelling a lot in many countries and stayed in lots of different kinds of hotels but I just kind of fell out of the routine of posting. BUT I have just come back from Residence Agnes and I just have to add my voice to all the other wonderful and well deserved reviews. Residence Agnes, quite simply is exceptional....this is for many reasons but the chief one in my view is the ethos and culture of care, kindness, concern and well judged professional friendliness modelled every single day by Frank and ALL the staff. I travel on my own and often feel a little side lined but not at Residence Agnes where all the guests feel like valued friends straight away. I went out one day and came back wet and weary after a brilliant day sight seeing (and Prague is stunning by the way!) and was met with a smile, a chat and a glass of very good wine and it felt rather like coming home.
The hotel has been restored very stylishly but retains all the charm of cobbles, casement windows and a fabulous lobby which doubles as a kind of very exclusive lounge/residents club where plans are made for dinner, tomorrows sight seeing and transport, and people chat and share experiences over a drink. The staff are generous with their time and make running a four star hotel look really easy!! This generosity of spirit and attention to detail is what makes Residence Agnes quite simply the best hotel I have stayed in.
During my stay I had particular need of help with a distressing issue, but I was supported so well and professionally by the hotel staff that everything was resolved quickly. My problem was prioritised, engaged with, and everyone at the hotel just dropped everything else, made phone calls on my behalf, helped me by offering use of mobile phones and the use of the landline, escorted me to a meeting and gave such great moral support.........just as you would help a friend. This kind of treatment is not the norm for most hotels, but it is what Residence Agnes does terrifically well.
So, if you go the Prague you just have to stay at Residence Agnes (why would you go anywhere else...really??) BUT watch out for those very generous glugs of wine, and the 'killer' espressos on offer!!!! You will just love it all!

• Stayed April 2014, travelled solo
1 Thank Intrepidtraveller59
East London, South Africa
Reviewed 27 April 2014 via mobile

We had a wonderful 3 days in Prague, made extra special by Hotel Residence Agnes and their staff who were so welcoming and helpful from the time we arrived till even after we left when I discovered that I had left some clothes in the cupboard in our room. They posted my clothes to Lech in Austria where the clothes arrived before we even got there, and at no charge. I highly recommend this place to stay at!

Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 27 April 2014 via mobile

My boyfriend and I booked our trip to Prague on a whim & found the beautiful hotel residence Agnes online.
After reading though the excellent reviews we decided to book it & we are so glad we did.
Every review you read praises the hotel staff & Frank, the owner on their fantastic hospitality, and I can see exactly why.
On arrival we were greeted by a very friendly staff member who proceeded to sit us down (with a complimentary glass of wine) to tell us all about where to go & good attractions to visit & it didn't stop there.
Every morning the hotel staff would chat with you whilst you choose from a very impressive breakfast spread, full of fresh meats, fruit, pastries etc (not too intrusively) and would remember everything you had done, to the restaurants you visited. It honestly felt like visiting old friends.
We were very sad to leave hotel Agnes & we truly believe that staying at this hotel improved our trip to Prague 100%, we can not fault a thing..I will be highly recommending this amazing hotel to anyone who is thinking of visiting Prague.

Thank you to Frank & the brilliant staff at the Agnes for making our holiday unforgettable!!

Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple