“Absolutely Amazing”

Ranked #1 of 649 Hotels in Prague
Fairbanks, Alaska
“Absolutely Amazing”
Reviewed 21 May 2014

I had the opportunity to finally visit Prague, Czech Republic and decided to stay at this hotel based off of the reviews I had read. Let me tell you - I was NOT disappointed. This hotel was amazing and beautiful. Martin - the desk clerk that checked us in was fabulous. His English was perfect and his mannerisms were inviting. He offered to bring our luggage in, carry it to our floor and poured me a glass of wine. He then spent a good 15-20 minutes telling us about the area. The next morning, breakfast was served and oh what a breakfast! They had everything imaginable for every palette and it was well stocked and delicious. Frank and Victoria were also great. They were a wealth of information and offered to assist in any way they could. Now to discuss the room. It was lovely! The bed was actually comfortable, the room spotless and the bathroom was amazing. I will definitely stay here when I visit my son later in the year. You don't want to miss this place.

Room Tip: All of the rooms are a great choice. Room 407 was stunning!
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled solo
ResidenceAgnes, Manager at Hotel Residence Agnes, responded to this review, 26 May 2014
Dear Mary M,

first of all I would like to thank you very much for taking your time to post such a kind review about our hotel Residence Agnes and thank you also for your recommendation.We are glad,that you felt so comfortable and satisfied with us.It was our goal:)
Whenever you come back to Prague, you are cordially invited for a breakfast in Agnes:)

See you soon in Prague.Natalie,Frank,Linda,Viky,Martin+Martin,Radka,Magdalena.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (503)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Slovak first
  • Turkish first
Harrogate, United Kingdom
Reviewed 20 May 2014

I chose this hotel after reading the very impressive reviews at the time of booking. From the time we arrived we were so welcomed and well looked after!! With complimentary drinks, helpful advice and offers of lifts if needed, we were taken up to the Castle on our first day....nothing was too much trouble, including Frank the owner going out for tablets when I had a headache and the pharmacy was closed!!the breakfast was beautiful and again we were always welcomed and nothing too much trouble...... Our room 403, was immaculate, lovely bathroom, very comfortable bed. Very quiet too, brilliant location, a short stroll to the Old Town Square, a we liked Nostress a French Asian restauranta nearby.....Linda at the Hotel recommended the concert at the Spanish Synogogue on Sunday night, which was beautiful, the acoustics amazing, a small concernl and intimate atmosphere.......Simply the best, we will return!!!

Room Tip: Our room 403 was very quiet...
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
ResidenceAgnes, Manager at Hotel Residence Agnes, responded to this review, 21 May 2014
Dear Linda,

Have a nice day and best regards from all of us.N+N+B+Z+R+F+L.
San Antonio
Reviewed 20 May 2014

I'm afraid that this review will not do justice to this hotel. The service is far beyond any hotel I've ever stayed.

My wife and I and her parents went to Prague at the end of March into April. When we booked I explained through email that my mother-in-law has a difficult time walking and requested a room that would accommodate her. The correspondence with Martin, Bishi and Radka before we arrived was a reflection of Hotel Residence Agnes' great service.

We were picked up at the airport by a car sent by the hotel. I believe Jerry is the driver's name. He is a very friendly and considerate driver. We had the pleasure of his driving us a few times during our stay. Each time paid for by the hotel, but we were happy to tip him.

When we arrived much earlier than a normal check-in time, the hotel owner Frank insisted we eat breakfast before we meet with the front desk receptionist, Magdalena, to get an overview of the city. After breakfast and some great suggestions for our trip, we were shown our rooms. It was still very early in the day. My in-laws' room was perfect! They were given the room just off the lobby and my mother-in-law loved it!

Throughout the trip we were given nothing but exceptional service and quality. There were many times that they hired a car for us, and if it was short notice from us, Frank would drive us in his car. Along with Magdalena, I don't want to leave out the two Martins at the front desk. They were great too!

The breakfast is amazing! It is the best breakfast I have had in a hotel. Upon arrival in the evening, we were always greeted with a glass of wine or beer. All complimentary. Some of the wine is from Frank's vineyard in France and is very good!

Hotel Residence Agnes' staff and rooms really made our vacation! I can honestly say that we wouldn't have had near as nice a time had we not stayed there. We can't wait to go back.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
Dear Aaron,

we are grateful for your time to share your experience at Residence Agnes . I am really happy reading that you have enjoyed your stay and appreciated the hospitality and personalized service of my team. Thank you very much and I am looking forward welcoming you back sometimes in the future.

Greetings from Prague.Frank,Linda,Natalie,Martin+Martin,Magda,Radka,Viky
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 20 May 2014

Blown away but this magnifique boutique hotel .For the moment you arrive you know you are in someplace special . Service was absolutely impeccable thank you to Frank, Victoria and Martin . A perfect blend of professional yet personal touch . I could really find no fault in the experience.
Comfortable , relaxing and close to the town centre.

1 Thank Nicole B
Dear Nicole,

Thank you for taking the time to post your amazing review! So nice to read, that you enjoyed our service and your overall experience was memorable that much. Our hotel location is really perfect and it helps us to provide the best possible service.
I am glad that you enjoyed our breakfast and our amazing city Prague:)

Best regards from all of us, Natalie.Linda,RadkaMagdalena,Martin+Martin,Viky and Frank.
Edmonton, Canada
Reviewed 20 May 2014

My wife and just returned from a week in Prague staying at Residence Agnes at the recommendation of a travel agent in Canada. First of all “Agnes” is a small hotel with limited facilities (no bar, exercise room pool etc) but that’s its big advantage. On arrival, each guest is personally attended to and offered complimentary tea, coffee, wine etc during check-in. The staff spend a great deal of time trying to help visitors to Prague to sort out what they would most like to do and which tours, restaurants or other activities are most suited to the guest’s preferences. They offer free taxi service from the hotel to any location within the city and go out of their way to do whatever they can to help. For example, on our last night it was raining heavily. We were going out to dinner and didn’t want to get wet before we ate. Taxi services in general were in heavy demand – a busy wet Saturday night – so Frank, the hotel owner, instead of going home to his family, stayed around for an extra hour and then personally drove us to the restaurant. Wow! How’s that for service?
The hotel is very conveniently located. Rooms are spotless, adequately sized and the bed very comfortable. Breakfast is an excellent buffet of cold and hot food – better than in some 5 star hotels. Tea, coffee and wine are complimentary at any time. Desk staff were all so kind and helpful – day and night. Thank you Magdelena, Victoria and Martin.
Frank, thank you and your staff for making our stay so wonderful. We will definitely be back.

Room Tip: Our room (#301) looked out over the street. I think some of the rooms looking over the courtyard ar...
1 Thank RGWL
Dear RGWL,

it was a big pleasure for us to have such a lovely guests
in our hotel:)
Thank you so much for your review here on TripAdvisor! We are really happy to read that you had wonderful time while staying with us in Prague . We believe that service makes all the difference and it is truly great to read such a positive feedback on our small hotel and service.We try to do for our guests the best and we hope,that the guests,and you too,will remember us for a long time :)

We will be more than happy to see you soon in our hotel again:)

Yours sincerely,Natalie and co.
Vancouver, Canada
Reviewed 19 May 2014 via mobile

We found them here on trip advisor, and it was as wonderful as the reviews say. This may be my first review, and this stay was enough to compel me to add my 5 stars.

The staff was super, the room was charming, the location was convenient and central yet quiet. We were pretty unprepared after deciding to detour to Prague last minute between Budapest and Berlin, so in addition to providing morning transportation to the castle they mapped our suggested sights for us. They also recommended some great places to eat (and drink, of course).

The day we left, they insisted on driving us to the train station so we didn't overpay for a cab. Their lovely driver refused to take money even after taking us right to our platform.

The complimentary breakfast and beers in arrival were a lovely surprise, but it was the service that made this stay so comfortable. My only regret is that our stay in Prague and residence Agnes was much too short.

Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
Dear Moshav m,

Best regards from sunny Prague to Vancouver,Frank,Natalie,Linda,Radka,Martin+Martin,Magda.
St Albans, United Kingdom
Reviewed 19 May 2014

Great location ,lovely setting,staff could not do enough for you.Frank, Victoria & Martin were friendly,helpful and gave us a personal service. We stayed for two nights & they helped make our stay go well. We visited the castle climbed 287 steps to the large bell,went to terezin. Ate out at the camper park(expensive) but a must ,ask for table with view of the Charles bridge.25mins from airport central location.

1 Thank Lisa S