“Best Hotel in Prague”

Ranked #1 of 670 Hotels in Prague
Houston, Texas
“Best Hotel in Prague”
Reviewed 24 May 2014

I have stayed at many upscale hotels including the Waldorf Astoria in NYC, but Agnes surpasses them all. The customer service was beyond compare. They greeted you personally each morning and each afternoon. Provided coffee, wine and beer at the end of the sight seeing day. Arranged tours and drivers; just about anything you could want they were willing to help with. The rooms were immaculate; the included breakfast was wonderful. I cannot say enough good things about this hotel. If you ever find yourself in Prague you must stay here. The location is also great.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends
ResidenceAgnes, Manager at Hotel Residence Agnes, responded to this review, 26 May 2014
Dear Guests,

we are grateful for your time to share your experience at Residence Agnes . I am really happy reading that you have enjoyed your stay and appreciated the hospitality and personalized service of my team. Thank you very much and I am looking forward welcoming you back sometimes in the future.

Greetings from sunny Prague.Frank and his team

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (496)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Slovak first
  • Turkish first
spokane
Reviewed 23 May 2014

This is a truly great, small hotel. Located in the old city, a short walk from the town square, this is a very well maintained, modern hotel. We had a great experience thanks to Frank and his team. They arranged for a complimentary pickup at the train station, gave us an orientation to the major sights of the city, and were ready to meet our every need. No matter when you entered the hotel, the staff on duty knew your name and were ready to help - really exceptional service - have never been treated so well. Frank even drove us up the hill to the Castle in his private car for free to save us having to take a cab. Our room overlooked the St. Agnes convent (don't miss the convent's museum and fine art exhibit) and was bright, clean and very well appointed. Great buffet breakfast and complimentary happy hour. Full service laundry 100 yards away on Ryba.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
Dear Embassyduty :),

it was a big pleasure for us to have such a lovely guests
in our hotel:)
Thank you so much for your review here on TripAdvisor! We are really happy to read that you had wonderful time while staying with us in Prague . We believe that service makes all the difference and it is truly great to read such a positive feedback on our small hotel and service.We try to do for our guests the best and we hope,that the guests,and you too,will remember us for a long time :)

We will be more than happy to see you soon in our hotel again:)

KInd regards,Natalie,Linda,Frank,Martins,Magda,Radka
Oxfordshire, United Kingdom
Reviewed 23 May 2014

I booked based on good TA comments and was not disappointed at all . The service is what makes it stand out as so many have said .. we were around for a business meeting and the staff helped find a room , took us there in person and made sure all was OK . And that was on top of personal arrival service , free wine , free transport to local restaurants help with bookings etc . These redefine what is meant by good service . The breakfast was good and the room also . The shower door opened into the shower which was a bit strange . the location 5 mins walk from the Old town Square and 2 minutes from the river was excellent

• Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
Dear HilltopOxon,

Thank you for taking the time to post your amazing review! So nice to read, that you enjoyed our service and your overall experience was memorable that much. Our hotel location is really perfect and it helps us to provide the best possible service.
I am glad that you enjoyed our breakfast and our amazing city Prague:)

Best regards from sunny Prague,from all of us,here in Agnes and from my self .Natalie
Prague, Czech Republic
Reviewed 22 May 2014

I had a chance to stay here some time ago, and was so glad i did. I had a business trip and needed a place to stay. The staff was brilliant, the place is so clean and the food is great! What more could one ask

• Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank Johann C
Fairbanks, Alaska
Reviewed 21 May 2014

I had the opportunity to finally visit Prague, Czech Republic and decided to stay at this hotel based off of the reviews I had read. Let me tell you - I was NOT disappointed. This hotel was amazing and beautiful. Martin - the desk clerk that checked us in was fabulous. His English was perfect and his mannerisms were inviting. He offered to bring our luggage in, carry it to our floor and poured me a glass of wine. He then spent a good 15-20 minutes telling us about the area. The next morning, breakfast was served and oh what a breakfast! They had everything imaginable for every palette and it was well stocked and delicious. Frank and Victoria were also great. They were a wealth of information and offered to assist in any way they could. Now to discuss the room. It was lovely! The bed was actually comfortable, the room spotless and the bathroom was amazing. I will definitely stay here when I visit my son later in the year. You don't want to miss this place.

Room Tip: All of the rooms are a great choice. Room 407 was stunning!
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled solo
Dear Mary M,

first of all I would like to thank you very much for taking your time to post such a kind review about our hotel Residence Agnes and thank you also for your recommendation.We are glad,that you felt so comfortable and satisfied with us.It was our goal:)
Whenever you come back to Prague, you are cordially invited for a breakfast in Agnes:)

See you soon in Prague.Natalie,Frank,Linda,Viky,Martin+Martin,Radka,Magdalena.
Harrogate, United Kingdom
Reviewed 20 May 2014

I chose this hotel after reading the very impressive reviews at the time of booking. From the time we arrived we were so welcomed and well looked after!! With complimentary drinks, helpful advice and offers of lifts if needed, we were taken up to the Castle on our first day....nothing was too much trouble, including Frank the owner going out for tablets when I had a headache and the pharmacy was closed!!the breakfast was beautiful and again we were always welcomed and nothing too much trouble...... Our room 403, was immaculate, lovely bathroom, very comfortable bed. Very quiet too, brilliant location, a short stroll to the Old Town Square, a we liked Nostress a French Asian restauranta nearby.....Linda at the Hotel recommended the concert at the Spanish Synogogue on Sunday night, which was beautiful, the acoustics amazing, a small concernl and intimate atmosphere.......Simply the best, we will return!!!

Room Tip: Our room 403 was very quiet...
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
ResidenceAgnes, Manager at Hotel Residence Agnes, responded to this review, 21 May 2014
Dear Linda,

Have a nice day and best regards from all of us.N+N+B+Z+R+F+L.
San Antonio
Reviewed 20 May 2014

I'm afraid that this review will not do justice to this hotel. The service is far beyond any hotel I've ever stayed.

My wife and I and her parents went to Prague at the end of March into April. When we booked I explained through email that my mother-in-law has a difficult time walking and requested a room that would accommodate her. The correspondence with Martin, Bishi and Radka before we arrived was a reflection of Hotel Residence Agnes' great service.

We were picked up at the airport by a car sent by the hotel. I believe Jerry is the driver's name. He is a very friendly and considerate driver. We had the pleasure of his driving us a few times during our stay. Each time paid for by the hotel, but we were happy to tip him.

When we arrived much earlier than a normal check-in time, the hotel owner Frank insisted we eat breakfast before we meet with the front desk receptionist, Magdalena, to get an overview of the city. After breakfast and some great suggestions for our trip, we were shown our rooms. It was still very early in the day. My in-laws' room was perfect! They were given the room just off the lobby and my mother-in-law loved it!

Throughout the trip we were given nothing but exceptional service and quality. There were many times that they hired a car for us, and if it was short notice from us, Frank would drive us in his car. Along with Magdalena, I don't want to leave out the two Martins at the front desk. They were great too!

The breakfast is amazing! It is the best breakfast I have had in a hotel. Upon arrival in the evening, we were always greeted with a glass of wine or beer. All complimentary. Some of the wine is from Frank's vineyard in France and is very good!

Hotel Residence Agnes' staff and rooms really made our vacation! I can honestly say that we wouldn't have had near as nice a time had we not stayed there. We can't wait to go back.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with family