“Prague Food Tour August , 2014”
Review of Prague Food Tour

Prague Food Tour
Ranked #5 of 124 Food & Drink in Prague
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: We are George and Leona, locals, food and travel enthusiasts who strongly believe that food is one of the best ways how to connect with a new culture. We run food tours in Prague and strive for our guests to experience authentic Czech food of excellent quality and learn a bit about Czech history and culture on one of our tours. We show our guests around the places we like and we do it with love.
Reviewed 16 August 2014

We had a wonderful food tour with Leona and George on the first evening of our stay in Prague.
We had 5 stops and tasted and sampled a range of food and drinks. The tour lasted approx. 5 hrs. Leona and George were great hosts and we had lively and interesting conversation throughout as well as good walking between venues where they supplied extra information.
It was great to do this at the beginning of our stay..

Reviewed 15 August 2014

For everyone seeking an unforgettable experience this is highly recommended. Everything was perfect and even though the guides act as your friends, they are highly professional.
I will definitely take a tour with them whenever I come back to this lovely city!

Reviewed 14 August 2014

Leona and George (who will be your local guides) are certainly one of the most compassionate, curious and creative couples I've ever met! They have a wicked sense humour and are not only interesting, they're interested in others which is rare quality to have.

Besides the fact they are magnificent people, they seem to know a few marvellous places to sample the surprisingly varied range of food and drink Prague has to offer.

You'll taste the pastries local to Prague, Italian meats,fresh juices;including grass if your feeling brave!! As well as taste an extensive selection of digestifs, spirits and liqueurs.
Which will send you home with a spring in your step and warmth in your stomach.

Reviewed 13 August 2014

Not only did we enjoy the history, food and company shared by Leona and George on this tour, but they also went above and beyond by sharing tips of the city after getting to know us and our style/taste. We truly felt like we were out with friends for the night and were engaged from our first steps. They even went above and beyond to meet my dietary requirements, even though being a vegetarian in a meat filled culture can be quite difficult (I folded and at meat after 3 years...when in Rome/Praha!)

In addition they were spot on for the suggested dining locations that Leona had prepared for us and expanded further at the end of the tour. Thanks to them and their love for the city, we were able to maximize our 3 days there and truly enjoy an insiders look at hidden gems.

A must do for anyone traveling to Prague - I would suggest first night of your trip, if possible, so you can view the city from a local perspective after the tour!

Reviewed 12 August 2014

I highly recommend this delicious tour. I have done other food tours on vacations before and this one met all of my expectations. We were met by our two foodie guides who took us all around Prague (walking) while we sampled traditional Czech foods and beers. Our guides were young (20 - 30) and fun, and informative! They were highly professional and thouroughly explained all of the foods we sampled, and they also told us all about what it is like to be Czech! The food we ate was delicious and the beer was great as well. It was wonderful to learn about the food and culture in a more conversational manner as opposed to the usual tour guide who just stops to explain this or that attraction. This is like having two local friends come and take you out! I loved it and so did my mother. My only suggestion would be that they provide some kind of transportation back to your hotel at the end of the tour because there is a lot of walking involved and my mother was tired at the end - however - we were not that far off from the city center so it was not that big of a deal.

1  Thank travelpotomus