Residence Karolina - Prague City Apartments
US$148
US$142
Park Inn
  • Restaurant
Green Garden Hotel(Prague)(Great Value!)
US$140
US$63
US$167
TripAdvisor
  • Breakfast included
All reviewswashing machineone bedroom apartmentfull kitchenwasher dryer comboperfect apartmenttesco supermarketcharles bridgeold townliving roomfront office staffmodern apartmentsmall balconythese apartmentshome away from homecleaning servicewalked everywherequiet street
Reviewed 8 August 2010

Very spacious and comfortable one bedded apartment, with a lovely living room and separate kitchen/diner. Well equipped and modern kitchen, L shaped sofa, flat screen TV, huge bed and huge shower. (No bath, but I guess you can't have everythng!) Also had a balcony (apartment 24). Friendly staff and great location near the river and National Theatre. Would recommend!

• Stayed: August 2010, travelled with friends
1  Thank SaltaireClaire
Reviewed 5 August 2010

My wife and I spent the entire month of July at the Residence Karolina. We stayed in unit 52 which has an amazing view of Prague Castle. The unit was much larger than I had expected, and was well equipped.

The only two minor negatives were that the floor was relatively dirty even after the cleaners came, and my wife didn't like bed (it was too hard for her). However, overall Residence Karolina was a fantastic place to stay for 31 days. If we ever return to Prague, we will stay here.

• Stayed: July 2010, travelled as a couple
2  Thank RalphLSeattle_WA
Reviewed 21 July 2010

I had such a hard time when I was searching for a reasonable place to stay in Prague. We were traveling with my daughter, who had just turned one, along with my husband, mom, and my great aunt. It just made sense to get an apartment after comparing prices with hotels in the area. It practically came to the same price, except that you get MUCH more room at Karolina! (Not to mention that I got that 10% coupon applied! Score!)

After reading the reviews here, I didn't hesitate to book our stay. 5 nights at #44! In the meantime, the customer service is A-MAZING! They were always available to chat through their website and answer any and all questions that I had. Stephan was the person I chatted with most and gets 5 stars!!

The Apartment was so modern and clean. They had a baby cot waiting in the room for us. Complementary airport pickup worked out perfectly. The kitchen had everything we needed. The bed was totally comfy! I can't stop raving about this place!

Location was great!!! Walking distance to everything (which was important since we had the baby). It was right down the street from a Tesco where we could buy whatever we needed. My husband and I particularly liked Cafe Slavia about a block away. and also a block away was a pizza place that was open late - great for when we arrived late from the airport. For anyone traveling with toddlers, we found Restaurant Zofin which was THE most kid friendly place you could find (and affordable).

sigh... i miss prague. Seriously, just a couple of blocks away and you see the castle across the waters... breathtaking. No regrets if you stay here.

• Stayed: May 2010, travelled with family
1  Thank MyLSD
Reviewed 8 July 2010

Great location away from the crowds of Old Town but still close enough to walk there. Very clean and comfortable with very helpful staff. So nice to have the option of a kitchen to make our own breakfast. Very spacious and well equipped with washing machine, dishwasher etc. Very close to Charles Bridge and other sights. We would certainly stay there again upon our return to Prague.

• Stayed: May 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 4 July 2010

This is a fantastic place to stay. I have stayed all over the world, from hostels to diamond star rated hotels and this is by far my favourite place. We stayed in apt 53 and it was huge (two bathrooms, full kitchen, living room, dining area, work desk and a very large bedroom with lots of storage space). The room had a fridge, stove, microwave, washer and dryer along with cutlery etc. The location is also fantastic as it is a quick walk to the old town square along with many other major attractions and there is a Tesco (grocery store) 5 mins away which is super convenient. It was also very safe and secure with modern security features on a quiet little street. They provide daily maid service (they are very friendly and nice people) and little things like the super soft towels make a huge difference.

The only negatives I have are that there was a terrible funk smell coming from the bathroom every now and then which we could not determine why or where and the washer and dryer take forever. On average it was two hours for each cycle and it didn`t really wash the clothes well at all (you also have to be in the apt whilst using it as you have to leave your key card in the power slot) so don`t count on that which was a very large inconvenience.

An additional bonus is that Prague City Apartments (who run the place) will help you with booking stuff and also will provide a taxi service to or from the train station or airport which is very helpful as taxi`s in Prague are fairly sketchy. Overall my and my companion loved this location and the apartment itself and would highly recommend it. On my next trip to Prague this will be where I stay.

Of note just down the street is Restaurant Stoleti which had great food and service. I would highly recommend this place and it is a 2 minute walk (number 21 KS).

• Stayed: June 2010, travelled with friends