“very good hotel”

Ranked #313 of 649 Hotels in Prague
Ceske Budejovice, Czech Republic
“very good hotel”
Reviewed 12 January 2014

We have stayed at hotel with our friends in December.
Excelent lokation, close to Andel metro.
The room was large, Kitchen equipment was good..Every day cleaning.Staff was helpful and the ladies in reception helped us with orientation in Prague.We got a map of Prague.
The only problém was that we had to park on the street which was not very safe.

Room Tip: upper floor
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
  • Hebrew first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
Brno, Czech Republic
Reviewed 11 January 2014

LOCATION
This hotel is located in very good area and convenient to get anywhere in Prague. there is tram and metro on 2 mins walk and very good shopping mall and supermarket on the same distance.
CUSTOMER SERVICE
Customer service in this hotel as in most of the hotels in Prague is non existing. There is no smile on the face of receptionists or any willingness to help with anything. We have stayed in that hotel for 3 days and had no contact with them after checking in. On the last day, 3 minutes after the check out time, a very angry lady showed up at our door and demanded us to leave the flat and hand over keys as check out was already 3 minutes ago!
The cleaning lady was very nice and polite lady and we enjoyed chatting to her when ever she was around.
APARTMENT
Reading reviews about this hotel, I understand that there are obviously 2 buildings where apartments are located. One seems to be horrible and another one very nice. We were lucky enough to end up in the good one ( next door to reception). Flat was very clean and spacious. Double bed does not exist in Prague. there are always 2 single beds pushed together, and it is the same case in this hotel. Kitchen had all we needed to cook simple meals although there is no salt, pepper, tea, coffee...
I would definitely stay in this hotel again and recommend it to others, but make sure you avoid staff at the reception as you can. Again, very good location and clean flat.

Room Tip: Make sure you get the building next door to the reception.
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
Budapest, Hungary
Reviewed 14 December 2013

I am guessing the place is aptly named after the Weeping Angel from Doctor Who because this place WILL give you nightmares.

TL;DR:
PROS
+ If you like huge empty spaces you will have a blast here
+ Location - close to Andel metro station and lots of tram stops, also a huge mall just around the corner
+ WIFI with individual routers in every room (ours of course did not work but the PW is the same for all of them)

CONS
- Dirtier than a pig in a mud bath (see pictures)
- Noisy
- Staff is hit and miss in level of service
- Kitchen is just for show
- Bare, boring
- Apartment in number of rooms but not level of equipment (no washing machine, missing cookware...)
- Level of maintenance equals to zero

We were a team of 12 here for a week on business (compulsory apartment) so I did ask around and all 12 rooms were in similar condition.
The whole place looked like no one touched it with care since it has been built. There were lots of things broken, the dirt was just pushed to the sides' of the rooms.
I have lived in block apartments most of my life so I am used to being part of every neighbours lives but I kid you not, this was worse. Always heard if someone was walking in the corridor and even tho it was a courtyard room every night someone wondered in there and even if they just talked you could hear everything.

DETAILS

KITCHEN
- 4 of everything (spoons, forks, cups, glasses)
- No salt, no pepper, no sugar, no tea, no coffee
- Really smelly fridge
- Microwave
- 4 hobs
- Very few pots and pans, barely enough to cook for two
- No cooking utensils (spatula, ladle...nothing)
- minimal lighting (two tiny little lights)
- dark, hardly any light

A "kitchen" but unless you are a travelling chef who goes around the world with your utensils and ingredients you will have a bit of a hard time cooking here. I am not talking about anything fancy really, just a spatula maybe. Also having to buy salt and pepper for a five day stay was just marvellous...

BATHROOM
- mold, mold and some more mold
- even more mold
- no washing machine
- no shampoo, shower gel

Have asthma? Look for another apartment! We had to open the windows every single day for hours (around 0C°outside) to at least lower the stuffy smell of mold. Also the whole ApartHotel has 7 rooms that have washing machines. For others you can go down to the basement and pay for washing your clothes.

LIVING ROOM
- TV with 400 channels programmed, maybe 100 works and from those around 3-4 are English, then comes a lot of German/Austrian channels and finally loads of Czech stations.
- absolutely no decoration

BEDROOM
- smelly
- dirty sheets
- mattresses had dents in the middle also they were like sleeping on a pile of wet sand

The sheets had dried blood and other (thankfully) unidentified stains. You could only sleep in the middle of the mattress as they had a massive dent in them. I suppose flipping them never occurred to housekpeeping. Also the 'double bed' is two single mattresses pushed together.

Room Tip: If you like a clean apartment and would like to cook, wash clothes and feel at home look for another...
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled on business
Austin, Texas
Reviewed 11 December 2013

It was quite good apartment: spacious, quiet, comfortable, and very clean, with amenities that included a washer/dryer. However, I live in terror of new technology & would've had to have been there more than a week to see if I could figure out how to use the washing machine. Not the type I'm used to. The apartment could stand to have some "welcome" brochures in popular tourist languages (English, German, Russian) that explained how to use the washer/dryer (same unit), where the non-Czech TV stations are (or how to get subtitles if that was possible), how to adjust the heat (I took my best guess & was warm, but that wasn't obvious to me either), and maybe some maps & helpful subway info (had these, & they were probably in the office, but would be a nice touch in the apartment). I.e., I could've used a "operating instructions for dummies" manual.

The staff were helpful & friendly but I didn't see them much b/c you have to be buzzed into the reception area, and that was a different door from where I normally entered the building. When you leave you pass a security guard whose job is security not tourist services. No staff (except the guard) are around midnight-8 a.m. so if you're locked out or anything it would be a major hassle.

I think the bedroom could sleep two, & sofa (2 sections) could sleep two. There was daily maid service although I declined it for a while b/c there was only me & I saw no point in wasting water to replace the towels. I didn't cook but there were dishes for four, & everything was there. The blow dryer worked well, & the bathtub was large. Everything very clean.

It's a 25-minute walk to the Charles Bridge. The mall, which has groceries a good food court, bowling alley, & lots of shopping, is one block away. Plenty of public transportation (tram & subway) within a block or two. The walk to the old town was very pleasant, & although I have no sense of direction I never got lost. Lots of good restaurants and pubs in the neighborhood too.

There is no safe in the apartment. I locked my valuables in my suitcase. I noted that none of my personal stuff on shelves was moved a millimeter, i.e. these cleaning women aren't the type who ransack your bags looking for loose change :) Just the opposite: I wish to commend one beautiful Ukranian cleaning woman (don't know her name) for going far out of her way to help me with my door when the lock got stuck. She got some WD-40, got it open, & then sprayed it thoroughly so that I didn't have any further trouble with the key. Every time I saw her she was considerate & helpful. Also want to commend Marc in the office for being super helpful!

Room Tip: I liked that I was on a low floor so I could use the stairs instead of the elevator, but I think the...
Stayed December 2013, travelled solo
Yateley, United Kingdom
Reviewed 16 November 2013

I've read some of the other reviews and would say there is room for improvement with this place, however, that said we found it to be very clean and comfortable. Our only gripes were the limited plates, cups/mugs and no wine glasses. The main beds were extremely comfortable but the sofa beds in the lounge were more bed than sofa. Our apartment was very spacious and pleasant.

I would say that it's target customer is on a city break for a few days and for that it's perfect. It was an excellent base from which to explore the city, close enough to walk to all the main areas of interest but far enough away to be quiet at night.

The main reception is in a separate building next door, with very nice, helpful receptionists and is I believe open until late. Our building had 24hr security and key only access to the main door.

Tram station (2mins walk away) serves all the main areas, plenty of restaurants to choose from, none of which we found particularly expensive and a big 24h supermarket close to the tram station to get your basics.

Most of Prague is cobbled so take some good walking shoes. My wife didn't so that was a good excuse to go shopping for some new one's so she tells me.....!

From our experience, we wouldn't hesitate to stay at this place again.

Room Tip: Make sure you have a room in the building next door to the main reception.
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
West Midlands
Reviewed 19 September 2013

Stayed at these apartments in a room for five as part of a stag do and this residence was chosen by the chilli sauce company.
Was very hesitant when seeing some of the reviews, but I can confirm that our apartments were spotlessly clean and bedding more than ample. Looks very unassuming from outside but the inside has been decorated to a high level, the self catering suites are spacious and accomodated 5 people with ease. Did not have to park a car so cannot comment on this. The place was very quiet indeed, they have a strict policy on noise which is backed up by then taking credit card details for this and any damage purposes.

In Praha area five which is across the river from the main square and about 25 mins easy walk which I would recommend to apprecaite the river scene and bohemian city scape.

There is a shopping centre and all local ammenities are within 5 min walk along with tram stops which is the cheapest way to get into the city if you want to save time or don't fancy walking. In the shopping centre is a large tesco so no worries if you fancy self catering, although if there for just a long weekend/city break there are plenty of small local places where good food and low prices abound. If travelling by taxi ALWAYS agree prices beforehand, the first nigh I was there we paid 100 CZ with three of us in the cab. Pre book the cabs, the usual and most relaible I found was AAA and they will put someone on the phone who can speak english to confirm times and bookings etc.

All in all great place and location and the price is more than reasonable for the level of accomodation provided

Room Tip: A top floor room is always good in any place and there is no exception here. Try a room that overloo...
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank Andy1976WestMidlands
Reviewed 19 August 2013

Very good location. Flat is spacius and Rooms are cleaned daily. Security at the entrance and reception opened till midnight with english speaker employee. Nearby the Andel metro station and a big commercial center ( novy smichov). in the surrounding as well some places to have a decent dinner. A bit expensive but it worth the money

• Stayed August 2013