“Great hotel in a great city”

Clarion Congress Hotel Prague
Ranked #135 of 648 Hotels in Prague
Reviewed 31 July 2014

Clarion Congress is a modern well- runned hotel in the suburbs of Prague. The city center is easily accessible by metro (15 minutes, the metro station is just under the hotel).
Large, comfortable and tidy rooms. Very good breakfast, but sometimes very crowded (more than 500 rooms). We would certainly stay there again on a next trip to Prague.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
MiroslavBukva, Generální ředitel at Clarion Congress Hotel Prague, responded to this reviewResponded 13 August 2014

Dear Guest,
Thank you very much for your kind words regarding Clarion Congress Hotel Prague and your recent stay with us. We are pleased you enjoyed your stay and would be pleased to welcome you back soon.

There are newer reviews for Clarion Congress Hotel Prague

Reviewed 29 July 2014

This is a 3-4 star hotel with nothing special around but with easy access to the centre (15 minutes by Metro placed just underneath). Pros: confortable spacious rooms, free wi-fi, TV with various channels, good housekeeping job and professional staff. Cons: lack of style, cheap decorations, averege breakfast, not good amneties. The shopping mall in the same building is an obsolete one, but sometimes you can find what you want.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear Tripadvisor readers,
First of all, I would like to thank Mr Adrian G for his comment regarding his recent stay at the Clarion Congress Hotel Prague. I welcome all comments since they frequently contain interesting hints how to improve our services to better fit our guests' requirements and expectations. Here, however, I would like to point out that the whole complex of the Shopping Mall Fénix & Clarion Congress Hotel Prague was built opened 6 years ago, which means, I would say, it is far from being obsolete. Moreover, every year we reinvest considerable amounts into new facilities, carpets and furniture. In July we completely rebuilt the Concierge in the Lobby. We purchased new desks, armchairs and PCs with a printer for hotel guests. A modern interactive screen will be at disposal for the guests to be able to retrieve up-to-date information about weather, events in town and flights. We have also arranged new shelf racks for plants and flowers and printed matters. All this adds to the agreeable ambience of the hotel. I am sorry to read that Mr Adrian, who usually writes positive comments, had had quite different expectations. Probably the unfinished (and right in the lobby carried out) remedial works raised in him a feeling of cheap decorations. Maybe that's why he appraises our hotel only 3- to 4 stars. By the end of August the facelift of the hotel will be completed and I believe our guests will appreciate its effect when having a rest in a cosier ambiance.

Reviewed 28 July 2014 via mobile

• Cleanness: 10/10 very clean
• Reception: 10/10 extremely friendly
• Service: 10/10 great
• Facilities: 10/10
• Rooms: 10/10 we found in the room couple of ropes, toothbrushes, flip-flops!!, welcome with our names on the TV screen......
• Food: 7/10 well, fine
• Location: kinda far away 5/10 but easy to reach my metro
• Value of money: 8/10 reasonable

Very recommended!!!!
Will i go back? I definitely will..

Stayed: April 2014
1  Thank Saher19

Dear Guest,
Thank you very much for your nice comment and recommendation of our hotel. We are delighted you enjoyed your stay at the Clarion Congress Hotel Prague and hope to welcome you back soon.

Reviewed 26 July 2014

Huge Modern Hotel Connect to the great shopping center Gallery Fénix with a interior passage,
as well bellow the hotel Subway station ,food court inside the Gallery, shopping center, to go out this complex ,excellent high caliber friendly staff ,very good breakfast wide choices and variety of fresh tasty and delicious food , free WI-FI , huge relaxing lobby , I would like to return back , Definitely I will recommend

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends

Dear Guest,
Thanks a lot for your nice words regarding your stay at the Clarion Congress Hotel Prague. We are delighted you enjoyed it and hope to welcome you back soon.

Reviewed 25 July 2014

Modern, clean and friendly. Metro line is just below the hotel which is pretty great. Restaurant with breakfast buffet was also nice. Friendly and helpful staff. Good variety of food served for breakfast. We didn't have the best view out of our windows, but that's ok, as we only stayed in our rooms during the night. During the day we were outside, sightseeing.

I also went to visit the wellness on the top floor of the hotel, which was another bonus (and included in the price). I've made a mistake of going there alone. As I was relaxing in the jacuzzi alone, suddenly this group of six guys stepped inside and I was jammed between them. They were making jokes in a language I didn't understand. I tried to leave but they started laughing and one of them pushed me back down. Another started touching my leg. I started yelling at them and fortunately some elderly couple arrived, so they left me and I could finally leave. It was a horrible experience and I really hope it was an exception and that it doesn't happen often. Not sure where the staff of the wellness was...I haven't seen any.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple

Dear Guest,
Thank you very much for the time you took to share your experience with us as well as with other travellers. It's always agreeable to read our guests are satisfied with the services we provide. Nevertheless, I am sorry to read about your experience in the jacuzzi. Although we do not run the wellness & fitness centre ourselves, I would like to apologize for the absence of the staff at the wellness area. I will definitely have a talk about it with the wellness & fitness centre management. Anyway, thanks a lot for your stay. We hope to have a chance to welcome you back.
Kind regards,

Reviewed 21 July 2014

This was my 2nd visit at Clarion Congress Hotel.

Overall service is very good. Everywhere you go in this hotel, you have the feeling that this is real 4-star property. The shopping center "Galerie Fénix" comes really handy and its below the hotel with lots of shopping opportunities. Metro /subway/ stop C line is just below the hotel which is great.

Restaurant with breakfast buffet was great. Good variety of food served for breakfast is sufficient to satisfy everyone's taste.

Rooms are soundproof and were clean with daily housekeeping service.

The only problems during our stay was aircondition which wasn't working at all which was an issue since outside temperature was reaching 34 Celsius and inside the room was definitely around 30 Celsius. Fortunately we were able to open the window during the night and get the fresh air. In case we stayed longer than 2 nights, I would definitely report this, but in our case we did not bother at all and we just informed the manager during our check out.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear Guest,
Thank you very much for your decision to stay again at the Clarion Congress Hotel Prague. We are really delighted if our guests are as satisfied as to come back and recommend our hotel to their families and friends.
It's a pity you didn't mention the AC issue during your stay; the technicians could have checked and mended it. However, I would like to mention that when you open the window, the AC system stops working automatically. Nevertheless, I would like to thank you for your stay. We look forward to welcome you back soon.
Yours sincerely,

Reviewed 16 July 2014 via mobile

Me and my fiancee stayed in this hotel for 2nights as we were visiting Prague. Hotel was really really good. The reception stuff friendly and nice. The breakfast food was really good loads to choose. We were more than happy to use the wellness every night was really relaxing. I loved the tube station down under the hotel and shopping centre. Also loved the connectivity to the shopping cwntre. what a great idea! Definitely coming back soon.

Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear Guest,
Thank you very much for taking the time to write us about your stay at the Clarion Congress Hotel Prague. We are delighted you appreciate our staff and services, as well as the location and easy connection to the city centre. It would be a great pleasure for us to welcome you back, maybe as a married couple on honeymoon....
We look forward to your visit.