“Elegant”

Bellevue
Ranked #10 of 5,820 Restaurants in Prague
Price range: US$67 - US$87
Cuisines: Czech, International
Good for: Special Occasion Dining, Business meetings, Local cuisine, View, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Staré Město (Old Town)
Reviewed 26 July 2014

This gem of a restaurant, with a beautiful view of the river, delivers in first class fashion. The risotto appetizer was a unique experience and my main course was the most tender lamb I have ever tasted.The wait staff was first rate and the Czech wine pairings perfect. A bit of a splurge for us, but a wonderful way to celebrate our final night in Prague.

2  Thank kctLosAngeles
tomas_melich, General Manager at Bellevue, responded to this reviewResponded 4 August 2014

Dear kctLosAngeles,

thank you for such wonderful review of Bellevue! I am delighted to hear that you have enjoyed your final evening at Prague with us and I hope that you will visit us again soon.

Managing director

Write a ReviewReviews (3,260)

Reviewed 24 July 2014

We used Tripadvisors reviewers' advice and went to the restaurant. I was overdressed for the summer with a coat and tie--not necessary. But the food was beautifully prepared--I had the veal and my companion had fish. All the courses were superb. Never thought a cucumber sorbet would taste so good. But, save room for dessert--all I can say is 'wow!' The food is expensive in Europe, but still, Bellevue makes it worth every cent.

1  Thank Ken K

Dear Ken K,

thank you for your superb review of Bellevue. I am glad that you have enjoyed your evening with us and I hope we will see you again in the future.

Reviewed 22 July 2014 via mobile

The food was top quality, we had the tasting menu and every course was amazing. The wine pairings were also incredible. The staff and service was impeccable and given it was fine dining the restaurant also had a great atmosphere. It was so romantic looking over the Charles Bridge. We were surprised by the price- such good value!!

1  Thank Christiana P

Dear Christiana P,

thank you for your lovely review of Bellevue! Wonderful to hear about your experience. Thank you for choosing the tasting menu and I hope that you have enjoyed it and that we will see yoi again soon.

Reviewed 21 July 2014

Normally, I would not make another review of the same restaurant more than twice and I have already dined here four times in less than a year before this fifth visit two days ago.

The interior is still gorgeous. The view is marvellous, as always, the service at the same high level... Karel was our waiter once again. But... the food this time was, to be honest, a slight disappointment when you expect nothing less than heaven on earth.

Two of the servings in the degustation menu was as truly delicious as ever, really pure excellence, namely the foie gras and the veal. The cod was also good, but slightly below the usual level. Also, the scallops was too salty.
The huge disappointment was the chocolate cremeux, valrhona chocolate with caramel, sweet popcorn and banana ice cream. The chocolate was fine but the ice cream was definitely not "cream" but just "ice". How could they ruin that?
Worse, the corresponding czech dessert wine was terrible. I know of several czech ice wines that would have been much superior. What a shame!

I will re-visit Bellevue again in the future, but I am slightly disappointed for now, and hope that the grand old level will be reached again.

1  Thank Jes G
tomas_melich, General Manager at Bellevue, responded to this reviewResponded 8 August 2014

Dear Jes-dk,

thank you for your nice third review and for your loyalty to Bellevue. I am truly sorry to read about your last experience, especially with the dessert. As you said that if you expect nothing else than heaven on earth sometimes it is hard to keep up with the expectations. So please let me apologize for not succeeding this time and I believe that until your next visit everything will be set to the grand old level again.

Tomáš Melich

Reviewed 19 July 2014

We just returned from a short break in Prague where on our second night we dined at the Bellevue. Having booked an outside table we were fortunate that the weather was perfect and our table on the terrace looked straight across the river. We opted for Al a Carte and both had seafood starters (crab and scallops) followed by sea bream and lamb which was perfect. For desert we shared an apple tartan all washed down with copious amounts of wine and Czech beer! The service was excellent and all the staff were attentive and friendly without being intrusive. Not a restaurant for a tight budget but overall well worth splashing out for if celebrating something special.

tomas_melich, General Manager at Bellevue, responded to this reviewResponded 21 July 2014

Dear ActiveOneDubai,

thank you for your lovely review of Bellevue. I am glad to hear that you had a good time dining with us and I hope we will se you again in the future.