“Great food but in a celler with impressive but hugely overpriced winelist”

Restaurant Le terroir
Ranked #424 of 5,589 Restaurants in Prague
Price range: US$66 - US$84
Cuisines: French
Good for: Special Occasion Dining, Business meetings, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Stare Mesto (Old Town)
Reviewed 21 February 2014 via mobile

Food can be the best in Prague if the chef is present himself. The place sucks as such as it is in an original old house cellar. The most diverse winelist in Prague with a perfect sommelier but with shameful prices

There are newer reviews for Restaurant Le terroir

Reviewed 22 October 2013

My wife and I visit the restaurant on a busy Saturday evening and we were seated in a quiet corner in their vaulted cellar (My wife handbag even got a small stool of its own, never seen that before:-). Luckily we had book a table well in advance as the place was nearly full, mostly with Czechs as far as I could here. After studding the menu over a glass of champagne I decided for the five course degustation menu accompanied with their choice of wine. My wife chose three courses from their menu also served with their wine pairing. What an excellent meal. The Langoustine which we both had was fabulous, and the Slovakian Riesling that followed it was just right. The service was excellent and the knowledgeable sommelier was happy to answer all my questions about the Czech wine production. After coffee, petit fours and a Calvados we went out in the night to find the nearby jazz club AghaRTA to end this perfect evening.
The bill ended at around 7600 CZK (295 EUR) including a well-deserved 15% tip. Which is about 50% less than a similar high-end dinner would cost in Denmark.

1  Thank Moller419
Reviewed 13 October 2013

What was that ? Even the most expensive restaurants in Rome was not so expensive. And what is the worst thing ? You will not even realize this, untill you have the bill on your table. There are prices only for the degustation menus. Which is a lot, but if you decide, that you will taste only the main meal - just one - the price is almost the same !!! Quality ? Of corse. Restaurant is magnificient. Great wines, great meal, staff ok, bud I did not like their additude. Too much "soft". 100 euro for dinner with one meal, glass of wine and aperitive ? Never ever again. Nightmare ! Ruined my evening.

Reviewed 12 October 2013

Visiting prague for the first time and thought we would try the restaurant.
The food was excellent, staff very pleasant and accommodating and in comparison to prices in Australia for fine dining was very reasonable.
Previous reviews have stated the servings were not very large but my husband and I who are not small eaters found the meals were large enough for us to the point we could not finish.
Our compliments to the chef and his staff for a very memorable meal and night.

Reviewed 21 September 2013

The place is in the touristical streets of Prague and superb location. Is situated in old caves which are restored and gives a romantic medieval atmosphere. Sufficient staff and food is good. The wine list is extensive and this restaurant could be based in France and then be rated okay. Reason to give a relative low score is the price, always difficult converting Czeck crowns into Euro but for a 3 course over Eur 100 per person is just too much for the whole experience ...