“cozy restaurant”

OIiva by Amandine Restaurant
Ranked #370 of 5,756 Restaurants in Prague
Cuisines: European, Diner, Mediterranean, Czech
Good for: Child-friendly, Romantic, Special Occasion Dining, Business meetings, Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, After-hours, Dinner, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Praha 2
Reviewed 24 May 2012 via mobile

I am from prague and have been in many restaurant in the city but this one stand out from the others! They have exellent food and the best service. It seems to me like a family restaurant that is why They care!

Reviewed 23 May 2012 via mobile

This restaurant offers nice food and wine. Service is very helpfull...simply perfect place for a date or family dinner. Portions are rather small, but i guess it should be like that.....

Reviewed 22 May 2012

We loved this little restaurant. We originally booked a table for two at 8pm on a Friday night, via email. I called about 7pm to let them know we were running an hour late. We finally arrived at nearly 9.30pm but the friendly welcome we received was second to non.

The different olive oils we were given to try with their own homemade bread was fresh and delicious.

The food was unpretentious and truly fantastic.

Reasonably priced food and wine, super friendly service made this place a real gem of a find. Thank you trip avisor!

Reviewed 19 May 2012

Great food. good wine list (including a good Czech wine recommended by our waiter). Simply prepared and perfect. This is the one place in Prague that didn't serve us gigantic portions, which we deeply appreciated by the last night of out trip. If I'm ever in Prague again, I hope to return to Oliva.

Reviewed 9 May 2012

We had an outstanding meal at Oliva in Prague. It is away from the major tourist spots but not hard to reach on a tram. We tried several dishes and all were great. Butterfish with risotto was one of the best fish dishes I had had anywhere. Lamb curry and a beef special were also excellent. We all had great desserts--I had to try the ice cream with olive oil and salt. Staff was very friendly and gave the perfect amount of attention. Nice wine recommendation and very good bread with olive oil (of course). Wish I was still there so I could return for another meal.

1  Thank sqrlgirl