“Great good, great atmosphere ”

Palac Akropolis Restaurace
Ranked #1,246 of 5,427 Restaurants in Prague
Price range: US$10 - US$15
Cuisines: Czech, Bar, Pub, Central European
Good for: Groups
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Cash Only, Free Wifi, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Neighbourhood: Praha 3
Description: THE RESTAURANT AT PALÁC AKROPOLIS IS NOT ONLY A FAVORITE PLACE FOR LUNCH, DINNER AND DRINKS BUT ALSO FOR VARIOUS APPOINTMENTS, DATES, CELEBRATIONS AND BUSINESS MEETINGS. The unique design of the restaurant was designed by the academic painter František Skála — an aquarium full of bizarre objects, a lamp made out of coconut shells and even hanging out beneath an upside down canoe in the lounge. Lunch specials are offered for bargain prices each day during the workweek.
“Great good, great atmosphere ”
Reviewed 13 July 2013 via mobile

After mixed reviews on here, me and my girlfriend decided to visit for a drink and some food anyway as we were close by. Lovely chilled atmosphere (one of our favourite places we've visited for that since we've been here), staff were friendly and helpful, the food we had was amazing, best food we've had out here along with Mad Bar. Definitely recommend it if your in the area.

• Czech first
  • Polish first
Copenhagen, Denmark
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Hidden treasure”
Reviewed 10 July 2013 via mobile

After visiting the tv Tower, we went here for a drink. Lots of locals enjoying there free time and dinning gave us the hint to try the food.
We ordered three diffent courses and all was great, the price was low and the beer was cold.
Dont let the free dresscode off the waiters or the lack off fancy chairs ect. fool you, go there.

A TripAdvisor Member
“Street food delight”
Reviewed 1 July 2013 via mobile

Eat here and be surprised. I was expecting cafe food and received gourmet street food that would go for twice the proce in portland or seattle.

Cluj-Napoca, Romania
“A place where you are not a tourist”
Reviewed 24 January 2012

Me and my friend went there on a Wednesday night for a couple of beers, and we would have gone the second day too if we weren't leaving. The place is nothing complicated and even cheep, I guess. They also have kitchen, but we couldn't eat there at 23.00
I recommend it, but check out the website and look for pics first to get the feeling, and consider if it is your style.

• Visited January 2012
1 Thank emmaigen
Glasgow, Scotland, United Kingdom
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Favourite Place in Prague”
Reviewed 4 November 2011

We loved pretty much everything about this place. We went here on our second night in Prague, eating in the restaurant as well as drinking in the club downstairs after, then we came back a week or so later towards the end of our stay and had an even more enjoyable night still, partly because the club was a bit busier.

Food: Our first visit we went for a full meal. I honestly cannot remember what we had to start (this was back in August) plus we had a Manhattan and a Mojito respectively upon arrival followed by multiple glasses of red wine. So yes, we don't remember the starters.

As a bit of a cocktail nerd myself, I was so-so about the cocktails, but they were reasonably priced. The mojito was, I thought, lacking in punch, and my Manhattan was overcomplicated with some obscure cherry liquer, but these are all tiny points only a cocktail nerd like me would pick up on, and at no point does Akropolis pretend to be a cocktail bar, so fair's fair.

Fran had the spinach and ricotta gnocchi, which was absolutely "lush" (don't ask) and totally "lovely". I had the pan-fried trout with a chili and lime dressing, and everything about the dish was pretty much perfect. The dressing was simple and complimentary and the fish was tender and not overcooked. Looked great as well, wish I had a picture.

The food was great value. We worked it out as the equivalent of a few quid apiece over in Britain. Considering what you're getting, the portions are generous and the quality excellent.

Then we came again closer to the end of our stay and just shared a cheesecake, raspberry if I recall correctly. Very very nice. Then we went down to the club and had an absolute blast. Great atmosphere, great DJ, great dancing. 5/5, 10/10, A-plus, HIGHLY recommended.

Visited August 2011